Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,563 members, 7,827,105 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Finally How To Unbrick Or Revive Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Finally How To Unbrick Or Revive Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device (65911 Views)

Finally,how To Fix Glo 0.0 Free Browsing Speed Problem / [finally]: How To Restore Your Deleted Files And Apps On Your Android / Finally How To Unbrick Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Finally How To Unbrick Or Revive Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by nestic(m): 5:45pm On Jul 23, 2016
Disclaimer: I'm not a good writer just bare with me, Due to people asking me of how i unbricked my Dead Android, I decided to create this tutorial.
Many time you hear lots of people looking for solution on how to unbrick their device. i use to be part of them when i bricked my tecno l7 from soft brick it entered a higher level of bricking that is called hard. Alot of people enters this problem trying to flash higher custom rom that is not meant for their device some through kernel. while some from soft brick it enters a higher level on bricking. where your device doesn't come on, no vibration, black screen,cannot be detected by pc (no sound of connection on your pc). expecially when there is no preloader in your device. this means you are having a DEAD phone. here I'm going to show u how to flash preloader.bin and your device rom to your dead android. this tutorial is strictly for hard bricked device also if your device is soft bricked you can also try it.but this was how i unbricked my Dead Android
requirements:
1.PC

2.USB CORD

3.SP FLASH TOOL LATEST VERSION goto http://spflashtool.com and download latest version

4. MEDIATEK VCOM DRIVER (i.e if you enter sp flash tool official site u can download this driver from there and there is even tutorial on how to manually install mediaTek VCOM driver there just load the video)

5.CUSTOM ROM OF UR DEVICE goto www.romkingz.net to download any phone rom(with scatter file and preloader.bin)
Then u are good to go.

=>first connect ur phone to ur pc: if ur pc doesn't make sound of usb connection. then start pressing volume key up or down on ur device till u hear sound on ur pc (puuchuunpuu) and also ur phone will start vibrating but if it doesn't vibrate keep on pressing volume key up or down as many times as possible till ur phone start vibrating then it starts connecting and disconnecting in ur pc keep calm head to the next level

=>second manually install mediaTek VCOM driver: this driver help computer to detect a bricked device. firstly disabled system signature verification I'm not going to show u how to do it now just Google search it then after successfully disabling signature then install the mediaTek VCOM driver from your pc device manager. for those who don't know how to install it just search "how to manually install mediaTek VCOM driver" through Google search or through havotek or goto http://spflashtool.com there you will be shown how to install it u have to scroll down to see how to install it on the site. after successfully installing the driver through device manager u might see a yellow sign don't worry just head to the next level. in your device manager via potable device you'll see your device name as the driver u just installed (to confirm disconnect and connect your device)

=>note: your device will not be stable it connects and disconnects on your pc. don't worry you are on the right track.

=>next extract your device rom to a folder you'll remember and also extract flash tool latest version open sp flash tool go down to flashtool.exe upon it then enter scatter file. a folder will open then locate where you kept your extracted custom rom then open locate scatter file.txt and open. it will then open in sp flash tool everything in ur rom will be loaded in the sp flash tool next untick everything there because when the scatter file loads everything will be ticked so just untick everything except the first one which is preloader.bin because your pc won't be able to flash the custom rom into your Android without first flashing preloader or else it will not be stable connecting and disconnecting. rom won't be able to install breaks half way. preloader.bin help ur phone to boot and also helps system to detect your phone without disconnecting.

=>make sure u disconnect your device from pc (if your battery is removable then remove your battery but if it's unremovable then just continue don't do any foolish thing trying to remove an unremovable battery you'll just distroy your device) i repeat make sure you untick everything except preloader then press download after clicking on download then next connect your device then it will start loading you'll see yellow stuff under loading if it loads successfully then you are good to go but if it shows 100% with red line under and something comes up saying "PMT error download rom" don't panic just click on format at the top when it enters format page then press format then sp flash tool will load successfully now it will not give u PMT error again. Then back to download page click download if it doesn't load remove your USB from your pc then put it back (make sure u disconnect before clicking on download after clicking on download then connect your device back to your pc) then it will start loading then when it reaches 100% you will see a green mark showing you it was successful. then your device will no longer connect and disconnect your device will now be stable.

=>Next on your sp flash tool now tick everything there except your preloader because you have already flashed it. now press download if it doesn't start loading again just do the same thing remove USB and connect again then the rom starts loading u will see a yellow stuff loading wait it takes up to 10 minutes to load. when it loads finish a green tick will pop up showing u it was successful. then disconnect your device from pc. then try charging your device. your device will start charging let it charge for sometime then power it on it will take some time to fully boot. that's all start flexing your phone.

=>credit to me: i did this tutorial without looking at my pc. just with my head and experience. didn't copy from any blog or site. I'm not a pro just a fellow nairalander. if u have any complain or suggestion or u want me to put u through. reach me through nestic244@gmail.com.
Cc: seun
Cc: lalasticlala
Cc: honsule
Cc: dragnet
Cc: puskin
Cc: Mynd44

9 Likes

Re: Finally How To Unbrick Or Revive Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by Marvel1206: 8:35am On Nov 01, 2016
You tried bro
Re: Finally How To Unbrick Or Revive Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by tonyeverready(m): 12:22pm On Nov 01, 2016
Guy you too much...this has been of great help.
Re: Finally How To Unbrick Or Revive Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by GoodyOG: 8:12am On Nov 02, 2016
thank a lot...this qost helqed me retrive my h5
Re: Finally How To Unbrick Or Revive Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by nestic3: 11:41am On Nov 02, 2016
GoodyOG:
thank a lot...this qost helqed me retrive my h5
tonyeverready:
Guy you too much...this has been of great help.
Marvel1206:
You tried bro
u guys are welcome
Re: Finally How To Unbrick Or Revive Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by datkooldude: 11:03pm On Dec 31, 2016
This was a huge help!
2 things for others reference:
-my phone never vibrated when initially connected to the pc (but flashing still worked)
-this didn't work with my phone until I left the battery in for the flash (I took it out to make sure the phone was off, but then put the battery back before connecting my phone)
Re: Finally How To Unbrick Or Revive Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by Tevran: 7:11pm On Jan 26, 2017
hello i jus recently bricked my htc one m8 and now it totally unresponisve i try all sorts of combinations to boot it bt it cant boot
i hve read ur post recently bt my htc wont be detected by my laptop any help

thanks alot for ur help

1 Like

Re: Finally How To Unbrick Or Revive Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by mansionmbn: 6:10am On Apr 07, 2017
Wonderful. It really worked out for me. Thanks.
Re: Finally How To Unbrick Or Revive Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by JandyJ(m): 11:13pm On Apr 07, 2017
Hello pls I am really tired of my tecno h6. SP flash too don't even detect it. I followed yr procedures. Downloaded everything.
Re: Finally How To Unbrick Or Revive Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by onward4life(m): 2:14am On Apr 08, 2017
nestic:
Disclaimer: I'm not a good writer just bare with me, Due to people asking me of how i unbricked my Dead Android, I decided to create this tutorial.
Many time you hear lots of people looking for solution on how to unbrick their device. i use to be part of them when i bricked my tecno l7 from soft brick it entered a higher level of bricking that is called hard. Alot of people enters this problem trying to flash higher custom rom that is not meant for their device some through kernel. while some from soft brick it enters a higher level on bricking. where your device doesn't come on, no vibration, black screen,cannot be detected by pc (no sound of connection on your pc). expecially when there is no preloader in your device. this means you are having a DEAD phone. here I'm going to show u how to flash preloader.bin and your device rom to your dead android. this tutorial is strictly for hard bricked device also if your device is soft bricked you can also try it.but this was how i unbricked my Dead Android
requirements:
1.PC

2.USB CORD

3.SP FLASH TOOL LATEST VERSION goto http://spflashtool.com and download latest version

4. MEDIATEK VCOM DRIVER (i.e if you enter sp flash tool official site u can download this driver from there and there is even tutorial on how to manually install mediaTek VCOM driver there just load the video)

5.CUSTOM ROM OF UR DEVICE goto www.romkingz.net to download any phone rom(with scatter file and preloader.bin)
Then u are good to go.

=>first connect ur phone to ur pc: if ur pc doesn't make sound of usb connection. then start pressing volume key up or down on ur device till u hear sound on ur pc (puuchuunpuu) and also ur phone will start vibrating but if it doesn't vibrate keep on pressing volume key up or down as many times as possible till ur phone start vibrating then it starts connecting and disconnecting in ur pc keep calm head to the next level

=>second manually install mediaTek VCOM driver: this driver help computer to detect a bricked device. firstly disabled system signature verification I'm not going to show u how to do it now just Google search it then after successfully disabling signature then install the mediaTek VCOM driver from your pc device manager. for those who don't know how to install it just search "how to manually install mediaTek VCOM driver" through Google search or through havotek or goto http://spflashtool.com there you will be shown how to install it u have to scroll down to see how to install it on the site. after successfully installing the driver through device manager u might see a yellow sign don't worry just head to the next level. in your device manager via potable device you'll see your device name as the driver u just installed (to confirm disconnect and connect your device)

=>note: your device will not be stable it connects and disconnects on your pc. don't worry you are on the right track.

=>next extract your device rom to a folder you'll remember and also extract flash tool latest version open sp flash tool go down to flashtool.exe upon it then enter scatter file. a folder will open then locate where you kept your extracted custom rom then open locate scatter file.txt and open. it will then open in sp flash tool everything in ur rom will be loaded in the sp flash tool next untick everything there because when the scatter file loads everything will be ticked so just untick everything except the first one which is preloader.bin because your pc won't be able to flash the custom rom into your Android without first flashing preloader or else it will not be stable connecting and disconnecting. rom won't be able to install breaks half way. preloader.bin help ur phone to boot and also helps system to detect your phone without disconnecting.

=>make sure u disconnect your device from pc (if your battery is removable then remove your battery but if it's unremovable then just continue don't do any foolish thing trying to remove an unremovable battery you'll just distroy your device) i repeat make sure you untick everything except preloader then press download after clicking on download then next connect your device then it will start loading you'll see yellow stuff under loading if it loads successfully then you are good to go but if it shows 100% with red line under and something comes up saying "PMT error download rom" don't panic just click on format at the top when it enters format page then press format then sp flash tool will load successfully now it will not give u PMT error again. Then back to download page click download if it doesn't load remove your USB from your pc then put it back (make sure u disconnect before clicking on download after clicking on download then connect your device back to your pc) then it will start loading then when it reaches 100% you will see a green mark showing you it was successful. then your device will no longer connect and disconnect your device will now be stable.

=>Next on your sp flash tool now tick everything there except your preloader because you have already flashed it. now press download if it doesn't start loading again just do the same thing remove USB and connect again then the rom starts loading u will see a yellow stuff loading wait it takes up to 10 minutes to load. when it loads finish a green tick will pop up showing u it was successful. then disconnect your device from pc. then try charging your device. your device will start charging let it charge for sometime then power it on it will take some time to fully boot. that's all start flexing your phone.

=>credit to me: i did this tutorial without looking at my pc. just with my head and experience. didn't copy from any blog or site. I'm not a pro just a fellow nairalander. if u have any complain or suggestion or u want me to put u through. reach me through nestic244@gmail.com.

Guy pls help me.

My tecno G9 TAB DON DEY MISBEHAVE VIRUS SIGNS.

Pls tell me wat tu do
Re: Finally How To Unbrick Or Revive Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by directonpc(m): 3:04am On Apr 08, 2017
Not bad. Hard brick can be scary eh
Re: Finally How To Unbrick Or Revive Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by Mustiboy(m): 12:45pm On Apr 27, 2017
JandyJ:
Hello pls I am really tired of my tecno h6. SP flash too don't even detect it. I followed yr procedures. Downloaded everything.
hi, pls did u later find a solution to ur phone? if yes, what did u do to make it work? cuz my h6 is also dead right now
Re: Finally How To Unbrick Or Revive Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by Johnbilly01: 1:42pm On Apr 27, 2017
nestic:
requirements:
1.PC

2.USB CORD

Then u are good to go.

1 Like

Re: Finally How To Unbrick Or Revive Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by JandyJ(m): 2:26pm On Apr 27, 2017
Mustiboy:
hi, pls did u later find a solution to ur phone? if yes, what did u do to make it work? cuz my h6 is also dead right now

No Solution O
Re: Finally How To Unbrick Or Revive Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by Johnbilly01: 2:28pm On Apr 27, 2017
Hi there guys.

I need help with my wife mtk6735 phone (Tecno C8) which was throw inside water by my kids and refuse to power on, no button works, not charging, went dead. she took it to three different engineer for repair they said no remedy after trying there best... now d phone does not charge but when it does it 0% and when power on its stock on experience SMART with unclear screen of different color then go off and not charging again (i guess one of the engineer flash the wrong preloader)... so i put it on meta mode myself for flashing, detected is mtk usb
port (46)...
I need help flashing it with SP Flash Tool which gives an error as described in title. i don't know d variant for d box has been thrown away?. i have downloaded, use different stock rom for tecno C8 on internet e.g.
1. C8-H353-A2-L1 variant1.
2. C8-H353-A2-L-20151207 Var2.
3. C8-H353-A2-M-HIOS-20160425.
4 C8-H353-A2-L-20160307.
5. Tecno C8-A2 .
yet it wont flash, i have d same error.. i have watch videos regarding d error code, i have install all necessary software required for flashing, uninstall with deview, install again, i choose download option, with or without batery, format all and download, upgrade firmware, format without boot loader, change preloader from d same mtk 6735 to flash, use different usb cord yet it wont work..i have the same error...

After i press the download button, and connect my phone, the bar at the bottom goes to 100%(red colour) then stays like that for 21-41 seconds.
Then it gives the error code and fails to flash.

I tried everything, from removing the battery, pressing vol+, vol-, power and all the combos in between, nothing.

If someone could help me unbrick my wife phone, i would be very greatful.

P.S I need the stock ROM backed up from my wife device Tecno C8.... i can attach the picture the phone

Re: Finally How To Unbrick Or Revive Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by saxby(f): 3:35pm On Apr 27, 2017
Nice info bro
Re: Finally How To Unbrick Or Revive Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by Mustiboy(m): 5:18pm On Apr 27, 2017
JandyJ:

No Solution O
ahh! then what did u do with the phone? discard it?
Re: Finally How To Unbrick Or Revive Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by JandyJ(m): 9:53am On Apr 28, 2017
Mustiboy:
ahh! then what did u do with the phone? discard it?

I Done Abandon The Phone
Re: Finally How To Unbrick Or Revive Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by Mustiboy(m): 11:54am On May 03, 2017
JandyJ:

I Done Abandon The Phone
can u gift me the phone pls?
Re: Finally How To Unbrick Or Revive Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by Mustiboy(m): 11:55am On May 03, 2017
JandyJ:

I Done Abandon The Phone
Re: Finally How To Unbrick Or Revive Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by JandyJ(m): 5:44pm On May 03, 2017
Mustiboy:
I Av Already Given It To My Lil Bro Sorry
Re: Finally How To Unbrick Or Revive Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by Mustiboy(m): 12:56pm On May 04, 2017
JandyJ:

I Av Already Given It To My Lil Bro Sorry
alright man
Re: Finally How To Unbrick Or Revive Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by bigtt76(f): 3:33pm On May 12, 2017
Nice one and to add ....ensure that your laptop is running at least Windows 7 Service Pack 1 else it would not work.

nestic:
requirements:
1.PC

2.USB CORD

Then u are good to go.

Re: Finally How To Unbrick Or Revive Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by moscojoor(m): 10:24pm On May 12, 2017
my tecno s9 got stock @ boot have flash it several times with different engineers still same problem
Re: Finally How To Unbrick Or Revive Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by matheuscf7: 4:41pm On Jul 28, 2017
Thanks man u helped me a lot. I was trying to install TWRP on my Vernee Apollo Lite then my device got dead, no booting, no charging, but recognized on my laptop. With ur tutorial my device came back to normal wink You're the best!!!
Re: Finally How To Unbrick Or Revive Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by deepz619: 1:29pm On Oct 04, 2017
you are a life saver man hats off you grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Finally How To Unbrick Or Revive Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by Mangusta: 9:32am On Oct 18, 2017
nestic:
requirements:
1.PC

2.USB CORD

Then u are good to go.

OH GOD THANK YOU, you saved meee. I was desperate for help.
Re: Finally How To Unbrick Or Revive Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by lopezthegreat: 8:54am On Nov 22, 2017
Oh god thank you so much! You helped me by just spreading your knowledge here in internet. I love you man! hats off! wink wink wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finally How To Unbrick Or Revive Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by Ausr: 11:55pm On Jan 24, 2018
Hello friends,
I have problems with my Huawei Ascend G6-L11. Recently bootloader was locked, so I unlocked it. Then phone was just in booting mode, so I used some instructions about Huawei phones to create dload folder in sdcard and i updated it. Everything seemed to be fine, but after about one day it started to update all google apps and so on and i left my phone for a while, and after some time i recognized that my phone is dead (doesn't turn on and no signs about charging). Is it in hard brick and does these steps would help me?
Re: Finally How To Unbrick Or Revive Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by Malfix25: 11:02pm On Feb 28, 2018
Hey, in the site you referred me to to find a rom for my device, my device's rom wasn't there, but in the past, I HAVE installed the rom for my device, but it consists of a DLL file and a TOT file, you mentioned the roms needing a scatter file and a preloader.bin, do I absolutely need to find my rom consisting of the types of files you mentioned, or will the rom I already have installed to my computer work?
Re: Finally How To Unbrick Or Revive Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by dearlex22(m): 12:35am On Jul 07, 2018
here you find all Mobile Phone firmware for Free new Version

if you are looking for lg firmware ...then heed over to Collection of LG stock ROM
Re: Finally How To Unbrick Or Revive Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by ebukason3(m): 2:10pm On Sep 07, 2018
Gurus in the house, please how can i get gionee f103 rom Chinese variant?
Please if i flash with a global rom will it work?

(1) (2) (Reply)

TECNO Camon CX Review: Price, Specifications And Comparison / How To Add More Fonts To Infinix Devices / Which Is Currently The Best Offline Football Game On Android?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.