Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,009 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:42 PM

Finally How To Unbrick Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Finally How To Unbrick Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device (16672 Views)

Finally,how To Fix Glo 0.0 Free Browsing Speed Problem / [finally]: How To Restore Your Deleted Files And Apps On Your Android / Finally How To Unbrick Or Revive Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Finally How To Unbrick Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by nestic(m): 3:35pm On Jul 24, 2016
Disclaimer: I'm not a good writer just bare with me, Due to people asking me of how i unbricked my Dead Android, I decided to create this tutorial.
Many time you hear lots of people looking for solution on how to unbrick their device. i use to be part of them when i bricked my tecno l7 from soft brick it entered a higher level of bricking that is called hard. Alot of people enters this problem trying to flash higher custom rom that is not meant for their device some through kernel. while some from soft brick it enters a higher level on bricking. where your device doesn't come on, no vibration, black screen,cannot be detected by pc (no sound of connection on your pc). expecially when there is no preloader in your device. this means you are having a DEAD phone. here I'm going to show u how to flash preloader.bin and your device rom to your dead android. this tutorial is strictly for hard bricked device also if your device is soft bricked you can also try it.but this was how i unbricked my Dead Android
requirements:
1.PC

2.USB CORD

3.SP FLASH TOOL LATEST VERSION goto http://spflashtool.com and download latest version

4. MEDIATEK VCOM DRIVER (i.e if you enter sp flash tool official site u can download this driver from there and there is even tutorial on how to manually install mediaTek VCOM driver there just load the video)

5.CUSTOM ROM OF UR DEVICE goto www.romkingz.net to download any phone rom(with scatter file and preloader.bin)
Then u are good to go.

=>first connect ur phone to ur pc: if ur pc doesn't make sound of usb connection. then start pressing volume key up or down on ur device till u hear sound on ur pc (puuchuunpuu) and also ur phone will start vibrating but if it doesn't vibrate keep on pressing volume key up or down as many times as possible till ur phone start vibrating then it starts connecting and disconnecting in ur pc keep calm head to the next level

=>second manually install mediaTek VCOM driver: this driver help computer to detect a bricked device. firstly disabled system signature verification I'm not going to show u how to do it now just Google search it then after successfully disabling signature then install the mediaTek VCOM driver from your pc device manager. for those who don't know how to install it just search "how to manually install mediaTek VCOM driver" through Google search or through havotek or goto http://spflashtool.com there you will be shown how to install it u have to scroll down to see how to install it on the site. after successfully installing the driver through device manager u might see a yellow sign don't worry just head to the next level. in your device manager via potable device you'll see your device name as the driver u just installed (to confirm disconnect and connect your device)

=>note: your device will not be stable it connects and disconnects on your pc. don't worry you are on the right track.

=>next extract your device rom to a folder you'll remember and also extract flash tool latest version open sp flash tool go down to flashtool.exe upon it then enter scatter file. a folder will open then locate where you kept your extracted custom rom then open locate scatter file.txt and open. it will then open in sp flash tool everything in ur rom will be loaded in the sp flash tool next untick everything there because when the scatter file loads everything will be ticked so just untick everything except the first one which is preloader.bin because your pc won't be able to flash the custom rom into your Android without first flashing preloader or else it will not be stable connecting and disconnecting. rom won't be able to install breaks half way. preloader.bin help ur phone to boot and also helps system to detect your phone without disconnecting.

=>make sure u disconnect your device from pc (if your battery is removable then remove your battery but if it's unremovable then just continue don't do any foolish thing trying to remove an unremovable battery you'll just distroy your device) i repeat make sure you untick everything except preloader then press download after clicking on download then next connect your device then it will start loading you'll see yellow stuff under loading if it loads successfully then you are good to go but if it shows 100% with red line under and something comes up saying "PMT error download rom" don't panic just click on format at the top when it enters format page then press format then sp flash tool will load successfully now it will not give u PMT error again. Then back to download page click download if it doesn't load remove your USB from your pc then put it back (make sure u disconnect before clicking on download after clicking on download then connect your device back to your pc) then it will start loading then when it reaches 100% you will see a green mark showing you it was successful. then your device will no longer connect and disconnect your device will now be stable.

=>Next on your sp flash tool now tick everything there except your preloader because you have already flashed it. now press download if it doesn't start loading again just do the same thing remove USB and connect again then the rom starts loading u will see a yellow stuff loading wait it takes up to 10 minutes to load. when it loads finish a green tick will pop up showing u it was successful. then disconnect your device from pc. then try charging your device. your device will start charging let it charge for sometime then power it on it will take some time to fully boot. that's all start flexing your phone.

=>credit to me: i did this tutorial without looking at my pc. just with my head and experience. didn't copy from any blog or site. I'm not a pro just a fellow nairalander. if u have any complain or suggestion or u want me to put u through. reach me through nestic244@gmail.com.
Cc: seun
Cc: lalasticlala
Cc: honsule
Cc: dragnet
Cc: puskin
Cc: Mynd44

1 Like

Re: Finally How To Unbrick Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by decatalyst(m): 3:58pm On Jul 24, 2016
My infinix hot 3 doesn't install some "normal" games and app. Unable to download and install Instagram from play store. Error 504.

Tried all the tips on the web...not solution.

Hoping you already encountered this. Hence, u have a solution
Re: Finally How To Unbrick Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by nestic(m): 4:24pm On Jul 24, 2016
decatalyst:
My infinix hot 3 doesn't install some "normal" games and app. Unable to download and install Instagram from play store. Error 504.

Tried all the tips on the web...not solution.

Hoping you already encountered this. Hence, u have a solution
http://ndl.mgccw.com/mu3/app/20140504/05/1399150985271/ch.dlpdb.playstorefixer.apk

download this will help

1 Like

Re: Finally How To Unbrick Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by decatalyst(m): 6:20pm On Jul 24, 2016
nestic:
http://ndl.mgccw.com/mu3/app/20140504/05/1399150985271/ch.dlpdb.playstorefixer.apk

download this will help

thanks bro.

already downloaded it but yet to install...all this stuff is saying is that it will get access to my SD card, modify n delete files.

Hope its not a virus or phishing trick
Re: Finally How To Unbrick Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by Naijjablog(m): 6:55pm On Jul 24, 2016
well done sir but the problem am facing with my two phones are;
FOR P5 sp flash tool is telling me BROM ERROR port ..... something like that

and as for my infinix immediately I plug it it shows device not recognised ...and so flash tool is not decteting it ..when I browse for solution on Google they say I must disassemble(remove battery) it first please help me sir...
Re: Finally How To Unbrick Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by bobo65(m): 5:13am On Jul 25, 2016
Naijjablog:
well done sir but the problem am facing with my two phones are;
FOR P5 sp flash tool is telling me BROM ERROR port ..... something like that

and as for my infinix immediately I plug it it shows device not recognised ...and so flash tool is not decteting it ..when I browse for solution on Google they say I must disassemble(remove battery) it first please help me sir...

For ur p5, ur scatter file is wrong, get a new rom

For ur Infinix, u don't have the right drivers installed on ur pc
Re: Finally How To Unbrick Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by bobo65(m): 5:16am On Jul 25, 2016
decatalyst:

thanks bro.

already downloaded it but yet to install...all this stuff is saying is that it will get access to my SD card, modify n delete files.

Many solutions are out there, one will surely work

WhatsApp me, number is in my signature
Re: Finally How To Unbrick Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by Nobody: 7:10am On Jul 25, 2016
nestic:

download this will help
please could you help with a guide to unbrick a hard bricked Samsung ? (a qualcomm chip set device)
Re: Finally How To Unbrick Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by Nobody: 7:10am On Jul 25, 2016
nestic:

download this will help
please could you help with a guide to unbrick a hard bricked Samsung ? (a non mtk device)
Re: Finally How To Unbrick Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by Naijjablog(m): 12:07pm On Jul 25, 2016
bobo65:

For ur p5, ur scatter file is wrong, get a new rom

thank you my Oga.... pls and pls can you help me wyt correct link to p5 plus ROM cus av downloaded two ROM nw one from a local website and the other from dunno were to find the other rom again pls...

for my infinix hote note I have installed almost all the drivers including mt65xx drivers still showing USB NOT RECOGNISE
Re: Finally How To Unbrick Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by bobo65(m): 4:55pm On Jul 25, 2016
Naijjablog:

thank you my Oga.... pls and pls can you help me wyt correct link to p5 plus ROM cus av downloaded two ROM nw one from a local website and the other from dunno were to find the other rom again pls...

for my infinix hote note I have installed almost all the drivers including mt65xx drivers still showing USB NOT RECOGNISE

Here is the p5 + rom
https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B3vDeO2DxpIWTEVjRkpwdjVEUHc&export=download

If u r in lagos, I'm at idi oro mushin, u can bring d infinix lemme look it up
Re: Finally How To Unbrick Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by Naughtylyn: 5:41pm On Jul 25, 2016
Empower yourself, someone - spouse, brother, anyone interested. Get the book on SMARTPHONES Repairs from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/9789534116?keywords=mobile%20phones%20and%20tablets%20repairs&pc_redir=T1&qid=1463153220&sr=8-8

Re: Finally How To Unbrick Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by xtivin(m): 6:29pm On Jul 25, 2016
bobo65:

For or p5, ur scatter file is wrong, get a new rom

for the Infinix u need to remove battery and replace there's no other magic than that bro..always use Infinix flash tool for Infinix phones its safer.be wise when doing this this and always do a ROM backup before format...you can use crack version of miraclebox to do that.thanks
Re: Finally How To Unbrick Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by franugo(m): 7:53pm On Jul 25, 2016
nestic:

download this will help

Oga please i added some lines to my rom using the rom toolbox lite. after adding d lines, d rom makeup failed to appear in d toolbox. being a scared novice, i quickly uninstalled d toolbox thinking dt would be d end of it n continued using d phone. but after changing my ba3, d phone refused to boot up, it'd just stop at 'gowin' instead of moving on..my phone model is gowin t401..pls what do u suggest i do?
Re: Finally How To Unbrick Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by Naijjablog(m): 1:37am On Jul 26, 2016
xtivin:

for the Infinix u need to remove battery and replace there's no other magic than that bro..always use Infinix flash tool for Infinix phones its safer.be wise when doing this this and always do a ROM backup before format...you can use crack version of miraclebox to do that.thanks

thank you alot sir I've been thinking about these since but am feeling somehow as if it won't work when I do that removing and fixing pls can you pls kind of enlighten me more on how to do this thank you a lot..
Re: Finally How To Unbrick Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by Naijjablog(m): 1:42am On Jul 26, 2016
bobo65:

Here is the p5 + rom
https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B3vDeO2DxpIWTEVjRkpwdjVEUHc&export=download

If u r in lagos, I'm at idi oro mushin, u can bring d infinix lemme look it up

stayng at abaji thanks a lot sir still the same thing sir but now showing brom error download fail I've got lyk three good ROM nw still this same p....
Re: Finally How To Unbrick Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by xtivin(m): 1:55am On Jul 26, 2016
Naijjablog:

thank you alot sir I've been thinking about these since but am feeling somehow as if it won't work when I do that removing and fixing pls can you pls kind of enlighten me more on how to do this thank you a lot..
If your are not a phone engineer I advice u don't do it but if u can take the risk there are tiny screws u nid to get out and open gently avoid pulling anything forcefully.once u successfully open it you will see the battery with flex just unclip and clip that's all..like the words of the proverbs says "be wise my son".regards
Re: Finally How To Unbrick Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by xtivin(m): 2:02am On Jul 26, 2016
franugo:

Oga please i added some lines to my rom using the rom toolbox lite. after adding d lines, d rom makeup failed to appear in d toolbox. being a scared novice, i quickly uninstalled d toolbox thinking dt would be d end of it n continued using d phone. but after changing my ba3, d phone refused to boot up, it'd just stop at 'gowin' instead of moving on..my phone model is gowin t401..pls what do u suggest i do?
Sorry bro your phone is bricked..there are some phones you don't play pranks with and unfortunately Godwin is one of them..your option is to find a working Godwin same model and backup or search the internet if you might be lucky to get one.
Re: Finally How To Unbrick Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by xtivin(m): 2:08am On Jul 26, 2016
Naijjablog:

stayng at abaji thanks a lot sir still the same thing sir but now showing brom error download fail I've got lyk three good ROM nw still this same p....
Guess the o.p didn't tell you not to format any phone without a backup or plan B.you need to flash the factory preloaded.bin file for your p5+ to come back to like except it has an hardware issue..from your downloaded ROM if its there and doesn't work it means the phone might have variants...please always take backup first to be able to revert to previous state.thanks
Re: Finally How To Unbrick Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by bobo65(m): 2:50am On Jul 26, 2016
Naijjablog:

There are variants
U will need to look at ur particular variant
Think that would be found inside ur phone
This one ur phone is not coming On at all

And abaji is like another country
Re: Finally How To Unbrick Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by Naijjablog(m): 7:36am On Jul 28, 2016
xtivin:

since you've posted this I've been trying hard to see what I can come up with, now I think its getting better what it showing me nw is drivers not installed.

from there I uninstalled & installed the drivers, from there its only sound it's making sound of USB plug in ....then later lyk ten seconds it will make sound of USB unplug hmm pls anyone help meee
Re: Finally How To Unbrick Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by xtivin(m): 2:34pm On Jul 28, 2016
Naijjablog:

since you've posted this I've been trying hard to see what I can come up with, now I think its getting better what it showing me nw is drivers not installed.

from there I uninstalled & installed the drivers, from there its only sound it's making sound of USB plug in ....then later lyk ten seconds it will make sound of USB unplug hmm pls anyone help meee
check device manager if drivers is nt marked yellow..if nt go and download infinix flash tool..it should work
Re: Finally How To Unbrick Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by nestic(m): 11:21am On Jul 29, 2016
decatalyst:

thanks bro.

have u tried it
Re: Finally How To Unbrick Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by nestic(m): 11:36am On Jul 29, 2016
franugo:

if ur phone can still turn on that means its soft brick... but can u enter into recovery from there by holding volume up and on button together ... if you can then wipe data and format phone if it didn't work then try holding power button and volume down together for about 10 secs... this is a default recovery for any phone...navigate to "clear emmc" then enter it will format and restore ur phone from the soft brick
Re: Finally How To Unbrick Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by nestic(m): 11:42am On Jul 29, 2016
franugo:

if ur phone can still turn on that means its soft brick... but can u enter into recovery from there by holding volume up and on button together ... if you can then wipe data and format phone if it didn't work then try holding power button and volume down together for about 10 secs... this is factory settings of any MTK phone...navigate to "clear eMMC" then enter it will format and restore ur phone from the soft brick
Re: Finally How To Unbrick Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by stphn(m): 6:02pm On Jul 29, 2016
I need your assistance on how to install firmware on my pipo t3.The phone not showing menu only showing booting. Hv downloaded the firmware but i need the procedure.
Re: Finally How To Unbrick Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by bobo65(m): 6:29pm On Jul 29, 2016
stphn:
I need your assistance on how to install firmware on my pipo t3.The phone not showing menu only showing booting. Hv downloaded the firmware but i need the procedure.
Re: Finally How To Unbrick Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by chika11sydney(m): 6:50pm On Jul 29, 2016
pls what about non mtk
Re: Finally How To Unbrick Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by decatalyst(m): 8:08pm On Jul 29, 2016
nestic:
have u tried it
There was upgrade for the phone so I did it. I was able to install the instagram afterwafterwards .

Thanks a bunch.
Re: Finally How To Unbrick Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by decatalyst(m): 8:12pm On Jul 29, 2016
nestic:
have u tried it
There was upgrade for the phone so I did it. I was able to install the instagram afterwafterwards .

Thanks a bunch
Re: Finally How To Unbrick Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by nestic(m): 11:04pm On Jul 29, 2016
stphn:
if u already downloaded the firmware... then copy it to ur computer and unzip it.. make sure u install MediaTek VCOM driver through ur device manager on ur pc....open sp flash tool.. load scatter file... press download and plug ur phone to ur pc.... if it has removable battery then remove the battery if not leave it like dat.. wait till it the yellow sign loads to the end... u'll then see a green mark.. unplug ur phone and turn on
Re: Finally How To Unbrick Any Hard Bricked Or Dead MTK Android Device by nestic(m): 11:04pm On Jul 29, 2016
decatalyst:

Thanks a bunch
ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: Etisalat Blackberry Complete Is Now N1000!!! / How To Find Phone Numbers By Name / Prices Of Iphone 7 And Iphone 7 Plus In Nigeria - Jumia, Konga And Slot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.