Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:11 AM

Nairalanders, Please Assist Me With My Samsung Galaxy S3 Wi-fi And Mobile Data - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nairalanders, Please Assist Me With My Samsung Galaxy S3 Wi-fi And Mobile Data (824 Views)

Google Rolls Out Free Wi-fi In Nigeria's City Of Onitsha & Others / Which Mobile Data Provider Is Currently The Best In Terms Of Cost & Reliability? / My Infinix Note 2 Bluetooth, Wi-fi And Hotspot Stopped Turning On. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairalanders, Please Assist Me With My Samsung Galaxy S3 Wi-fi And Mobile Data by raebox: 5:53pm On Jul 23, 2016
I've been using this samsung galaxy s3 since april 12 of this year, this phone has been working well and i used it with my airtel sim, after a month, i got a bigger phone which made me forget the samsung for a month.

but the problem now is that whenever i put my airtel line or glo, the mobile data and wifi automatically put itself on, if i switch off, it will still on itself after some seconds..and it sucks battery a lot.

I've tried all manual setting but couldn't get it right....abeg fellow Nairalanders. ...help me abef
Re: Nairalanders, Please Assist Me With My Samsung Galaxy S3 Wi-fi And Mobile Data by 247Potential: 5:56pm On Jul 23, 2016
Reload the firmware. Download Phone Data App, confirm the specific firmware to reload. Otherwise, just reload a generic custom firmware.
Re: Nairalanders, Please Assist Me With My Samsung Galaxy S3 Wi-fi And Mobile Data by LordZero(m): 6:04pm On Jul 23, 2016
have u tried resetting the phone?
Re: Nairalanders, Please Assist Me With My Samsung Galaxy S3 Wi-fi And Mobile Data by raebox: 6:33pm On Jul 23, 2016
LordZero:
have u tried resetting the phone?
no bro, how do i do that?
Re: Nairalanders, Please Assist Me With My Samsung Galaxy S3 Wi-fi And Mobile Data by raebox: 6:34pm On Jul 23, 2016
247Potential:
Reload the firmware. Download Phone Data App, confirm the specific firmware to reload. Otherwise, just reload a generic custom firmware.
walai. ....i dont 1% understand you
Re: Nairalanders, Please Assist Me With My Samsung Galaxy S3 Wi-fi And Mobile Data by 247Potential: 6:43pm On Jul 23, 2016
raebox:
walai. ....i dont 1% understand you
Okay. Let me explain. There is a problem with your device OS. You can't just install an app to correct it so you have to flash the phone. Any person can just put any OS for you, which may have little faults, that's why you may need to load the exact OS for your device.
Re: Nairalanders, Please Assist Me With My Samsung Galaxy S3 Wi-fi And Mobile Data by 247Potential: 6:52pm On Jul 23, 2016
raebox:
Go to Settings, Select Accounts. Scroll down to Backup and Reset. In the Personal Data submenu, you will see 'Factory Data Reset'. Pressing This will remove everything you installed or downloaded to your phone. If a useless app is responsible for this, it should stop the problem. Otherwise, it will still require flashing. Either ways, you lose all your data.
Re: Nairalanders, Please Assist Me With My Samsung Galaxy S3 Wi-fi And Mobile Data by raebox: 7:05pm On Jul 23, 2016
247Potential:

Okay. Let me explain. There is a problem with your device OS. You can't just install an app to correct it so you have to flash the phone. Any person can just put any OS for you, which may have little faults, that's why you may need to load the exact OS for your device.
okay...now you're talking.....but there are some files i don't wanna miss on the phone.
Re: Nairalanders, Please Assist Me With My Samsung Galaxy S3 Wi-fi And Mobile Data by raebox: 7:06pm On Jul 23, 2016
247Potential:

Go to Settings, Select Accounts. Scroll down to Backup and Reset. In the Personal Data submenu, you will see 'Factory Data Reset'. Pressing This will remove everything you installed or downloaded to your phone. If a useless app is responsible for this, it should stop the problem. Otherwise, it will still require flashing. Either ways, you lose all your data.
haaa.....the problem there is loosing all data.....and i learnt that a phone is not always okay whenever you flash it
Re: Nairalanders, Please Assist Me With My Samsung Galaxy S3 Wi-fi And Mobile Data by 247Potential: 8:58pm On Jul 23, 2016
raebox:

haaa.....the problem there is loosing all data.....and i learnt that a phone is not always okay whenever you flash it
That is why you need the exact firmware for your phone. Except you can manage it like that. You can restrict background data for your apps but the battery drain can be managed by apps.
Re: Nairalanders, Please Assist Me With My Samsung Galaxy S3 Wi-fi And Mobile Data by LordZero(m): 10:02pm On Jul 23, 2016
raebox:
go to settings, click on back up and reset then click on factory data reset... it will warn you thet your data will be erased (u need to back up ur stuffs or move all ur items from phone memory to sdcard cos everything will be removed including installed apps), click reset >> erase all...

the phone will restart after erasing everything. .
Re: Nairalanders, Please Assist Me With My Samsung Galaxy S3 Wi-fi And Mobile Data by raebox: 2:25pm On Jul 24, 2016
okay bro, i just put another airtel sim in it, and the problem did not happen ooo....as in the data and wifi wasn't switched automatically
Re: Nairalanders, Please Assist Me With My Samsung Galaxy S3 Wi-fi And Mobile Data by Nobody: 9:36am On Jul 25, 2016
raebox:
okay bro, i just put another airtel sim in it, and the problem did not happen ooo....as in the data and wifi wasn't switched automatically
Hello guy I don't know maybe you want to sell your S3 or not but lemme have your whatsapp number i wanna ask you something about the phone
Re: Nairalanders, Please Assist Me With My Samsung Galaxy S3 Wi-fi And Mobile Data by raebox: 12:10am On Jul 27, 2016
Iamtosignno:
Hello guy I don't know maybe you want to sell your S3 or not but lemme have your whatsapp number i wanna ask you something about the phone
Re: Nairalanders, Please Assist Me With My Samsung Galaxy S3 Wi-fi And Mobile Data by Nobody: 5:02am On Jul 28, 2016
raebox:

thanks

(1) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy S6 Egde For Sale#80k Price Negotiable / How To Get N1400 Airtime With Just N200 On Etisalat Super Bonus Offer. / How To Download Huge Files With Your Unlimited Airtel GB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.