Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,735 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:16 PM

Tithe- Should It Be From My Basic Salary Or My Netpay. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Tithe- Should It Be From My Basic Salary Or My Netpay. (4735 Views)

Daddy Freeze To Pastor Adeboye: "Pope Drinks Beer And Doesn't Pay Tithe" / Tithe: Should I Pay/give Tithes? Bible Perspective / Paul Enenche: Gospel Truth Of The Tithe Revealed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tithe- Should It Be From My Basic Salary Or My Netpay. by Lincolnburrows(m): 8:10am On Jul 24, 2016
Assuming this is what I earn monthly.

basic salary-27816.25
education allowance-5691.67
dressing allowance-3941.67
housing allowance-66225.58
transport allowance-35215
furniture-14833.33
entertainment 16233.33
utility-49330
total netpay- 219286.83

Now, I used to pay 21k as my tithe. I.e from my total netpay monthly. this continued until my friend opened my eyes that I have been overpaying my tithe. he claims the tithe should be just from my basic salary which is about 3k. He stressed that other allowances are strictly for my housing, transport etc and as such I'm not supposed to touch those ones outside their core purpose.
His arguments made sense to me. I will like to confirm from tithers in the house so I don't make mistakes...

P.s- I don't want to ask my pastors cos I know what they will say already. cheer.
Re: Tithe- Should It Be From My Basic Salary Or My Netpay. by shikshark: 8:37am On Jul 24, 2016
well tithing depends on your state of mind...
as for me, im not giving a dime for any pastor to build school or buy plane and globetrot over the world.
i give it to people around me that are really in need of it and trust me things are working for me.

1 Like

Re: Tithe- Should It Be From My Basic Salary Or My Netpay. by BoosBae(f): 8:39am On Jul 24, 2016
You have been faithful in tithing, don't allow the devil distract you. I believe you've gotten the answer to your question. kiss
Re: Tithe- Should It Be From My Basic Salary Or My Netpay. by Lincolnburrows(m): 9:34am On Jul 24, 2016
BoosBae:
You have been faithful in tithing, don't allow the devil distract you. I believe you've gotten the answer to your question. kiss

my dear, I haven't paid for the past three months. I like my friends idea. cos if my company gives me money for house rent, I don't think I should be paying tithe from there.
Re: Tithe- Should It Be From My Basic Salary Or My Netpay. by Strawman: 9:50am On Jul 24, 2016
You've actually been overpaying. Tithe was a requirement of the Israelites to give 10% of the crops and livestock that they worked for (your basic salary). You can't actually regard the rest as your income in this sense.

I would also add that tithing is not mandatory, just in case at any point it starts to feel like a burden to you.

The Bible promotes cheerful giving..not necessarily tithing.
Re: Tithe- Should It Be From My Basic Salary Or My Netpay. by Lincolnburrows(m): 12:51pm On Jul 24, 2016
Strawman:
You've actually been overpaying. Tithe was a requirement of the Israelites to give 10% of the crops and livestock that they worked for (your basic salary). You can't actually regard the rest as your income in this sense.

I would also add that tithing is not mandatory, just in case at any point it starts to feel like a burden to you.

The Bible promotes cheerful giving..not necessarily tithing.

thanks bro. not mandatory but some pastors would ask u if u pay your tithe when u want to involve them in child dedication and wedding plans. Two weeks ago, I inquired from my pastor how to go about my wedding plans with the church. After two questions, he then asked if I was faithful with my tithe.
Re: Tithe- Should It Be From My Basic Salary Or My Netpay. by BoosBae(f): 1:14pm On Jul 24, 2016
Lincolnburrows:

my dear, I haven't paid for the past three months. I like my friends idea. cos if my company gives me money for house rent, I don't think I should be paying tithe from there.
My dear, whatever rocks your boat , the church will still go on without your 21k , don't think u're doing them a favour... u like your friend's idea then why are u asking questions? attention seeker cool
Re: Tithe- Should It Be From My Basic Salary Or My Netpay. by Lincolnburrows(m): 1:20pm On Jul 24, 2016
BoosBae:
My dera, whatever rocks your boat , the church will still go on without your 21k , don't think u're doing them a favour... u like your friend's idea then why are u asking questions? attention seeker cool

and how is this attention seeking? or are u a pastor?

1 Like

Re: Tithe- Should It Be From My Basic Salary Or My Netpay. by Scream(m): 1:25pm On Jul 24, 2016
Lincolnburrows:

thanks bro. not mandatory but some pastors would ask u if u pay your tithe when u want to involve them in child dedication and wedding plans. Two weeks ago, I inquired from my pastor how to go about my wedding plans with the church. After two questions, he then asked if I was faithful with my tithe.

I believe that anything people hold dearly and bring up anytime they think you are at their mercy is not genuine (in fact, fraudulent!) especially when the more important things are not even considered.

It is obvious they have more stakes (or the sole beneficiary) in the idea/process/event...in this case, tithe.

Guys, seek ye first the kingdom of God...every other thing SHALL be added unto you.

Lobatan!
Re: Tithe- Should It Be From My Basic Salary Or My Netpay. by BoosBae(f): 1:31pm On Jul 24, 2016
Lincolnburrows:

and how is this attention seeking? or are u a pastor?
I'm a Reverend father!
Re: Tithe- Should It Be From My Basic Salary Or My Netpay. by Lincolnburrows(m): 4:38pm On Jul 24, 2016
Scream:

I believe that anything people hold dearly and bring up anytime they think you are at their mercy is not genuine (in fact, fraudulent!) especially when the more important things are not even considered.

It is obvious they have more stakes (or the sole beneficiary) in the idea/process/event...in this case, tithe.

Guys, seek ye first the kingdom of God...every other thing SHALL be added unto you.

Lobatan!

you are right bro. But I have limited options right now since I need their help. so I just have to adhere to their rules and regulations.

I can't see the pro-tithers to explain how they actually do their own tithing. Beginning to look like all these people that talk about tithe on nairaland haven't actually been paying theirs.
Re: Tithe- Should It Be From My Basic Salary Or My Netpay. by Scream(m): 5:20pm On Jul 24, 2016
Lincolnburrows:

you are right bro. But I have limited options right now since I need their help. so I just have to adhere to their rules and regulations.

I can't see the pro-tithers to explain how they actually do their own tithing. Beginning to look like all these people that talk about tithe on nairaland haven't actually been paying theirs.
Re: Tithe- Should It Be From My Basic Salary Or My Netpay. by BoosBae(f): 9:32pm On Jul 24, 2016
Lincolnburrows:

Imagine the statement 'since I need their help' Akpa must u do a church wedding? why don't u go to Court?... U don't want to pay ur tithe but u want the church to wed u, where will dey get money for fuel to run their generator for the wedding service? except u're ready to wed without light grin, and even if u agree to that be ready to sit on the floor with your bride and guests because those chairs were bought at a point in time with people's salaries. U don't want to do for the house of God but u want them to do for u, u want reap where u've not sown. Better carry that ur marriage to court. Stingy goat
Re: Tithe- Should It Be From My Basic Salary Or My Netpay. by Lincolnburrows(m): 10:54pm On Jul 24, 2016
BoosBae:
Imagine the statement 'since I need their help' Akpa must u do a church wedding? why don't u go to Court?... U don't want to pay ur tithe but u want the church to wed u, where will dey get money for fuel to run their generator for the wedding service? except u're ready to wed without light grin, and even if u agree to that be ready to sit on the floor with your bride and guests because those chairs were bought at a point in time with people's salaries. U don't want to do for the house of God but u want them to do for u, u want reap where u've not sown. Better carry that ur marriage to court. Stingy goat
You are beginning to be very silly. I am sure u don't pay your tithe. Just very good at whining your useless mouth.
If you read carefully, I am only trying to find out from responsible people the right amount to pay. I never said I don't want to pay. Idio.t
Re: Tithe- Should It Be From My Basic Salary Or My Netpay. by BoosBae(f): 12:06am On Jul 25, 2016
Lincolnburrows:

You are beginning to be very silly. I am sure u don't pay your tithe. Just very good at whining your useless mouth.
If you read carefully, I am only trying to find out from responsible people the right amount to pay. I never said I don't want to pay. Idio.t
Is it because u earn 200k +?, do u think everyone is a stingy broke ass like u?, why won't I pay my tithe, what's 10% of my salary dat's too big to give 2 God?.... Keep looking for responsible on a faceless forum to teach u how to pay , they'll also teach u how to live ur life. Grow up Mr man. Stingy goat
Re: Tithe- Should It Be From My Basic Salary Or My Netpay. by dallyemmy: 3:55am On Jul 25, 2016
The Bible says: bring ye ALL the tithe and not SOME of the tithe. Give your tithe because you love ❤ God! If you want to give tithe of 15 sheep I doubt if you will give 1 1/2 sheep. You will probably give 2 and not a sheep and a butchered 1/2. Read the scriptures on tithes exhaustively! God bless you!
Re: Tithe- Should It Be From My Basic Salary Or My Netpay. by Lincolnburrows(m): 6:32am On Jul 25, 2016
BoosBae:
Is it because u earn 200k +?, do u think everyone is a stingy broke ass like u?, why won't I pay my tithe, what's 10% of my salary dat's too big to give 2 God?.... Keep looking for responsible on a faceless forum to teach u how to pay , they'll also teach u how to live ur life. Grow up Mr man. Stingy goat

@the bolded. Now I see where the beef is coming from. Now go back and read again. I said: Assuming that's what I earn. Meanwhile, even its what I earn, a lot of people are earning more than 2million monthly in this same country. So I don't know who's the broke ass between you and me. Ewu Gambia
Re: Tithe- Should It Be From My Basic Salary Or My Netpay. by Lincolnburrows(m): 6:36am On Jul 25, 2016
dallyemmy:
The Bible says: [b]bring ye ALL the tithe and not SOME of the tithe. [/b]Give your tithe because you love ❤ God! If you want to give tithe of 15 sheep I doubt if you will give 1 1/2 sheep. You will probably give 2 and not a sheep and a butchered 1/2. Read the scriptures on tithes exhaustively! God bless you!

Are u saying we should pay tithe from the money given to us for house rent. How about paying just from your basic salary.?
Re: Tithe- Should It Be From My Basic Salary Or My Netpay. by BoosBae(f): 7:25am On Jul 25, 2016
Lincolnburrows:

@the bolded. Now I see where the beef is coming from. Now go back and read again. I said: Assuming that's what I earn. Meanwhile, even its what I earn, a lot of people are earning more than 2million monthly in this same country. So I don't know who's the broke ass between you and me. Ewu Gambia
Who dey beef broke ass small boy with fish brain? lol...Thank God u know people are earning way beyond ur 210k imagination, so what's all the fuss about? I'll advice u understand what tithing is b4 even thinking of even paying, it's not something u give grudgingly thinking u're doing the pastor or the church a favour. Giving is all about the heart not even the amount u give. Attention seeker end of story ....2day is a new day #okbye
Re: Tithe- Should It Be From My Basic Salary Or My Netpay. by dallyemmy: 8:15am On Jul 25, 2016
Pay for everything my brother! He owns the breath of your nostrils and your God is bigger than that your small house rent money! He is big enough to give you a House of your own!

Luke 12:18-20
18“Then he said, ‘This is what I will do: I will tear down my barns and build larger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods. 19‘And I will say to my soul, “Soul, you have many goods laid up for many years to come; take your ease, eat, drink and be merry.”’ 20“But God said to him, ‘You fool! This very night your soul is required of you; and now who will own what you have prepared?’ 21“So is the man who stores up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God.”

I pay the tithe of the gross because he gave me life, he gave the job, he loves me and gave His Life for me! I am praying for grace to do more! Who I am without him and what can I give in exchange for his love for me... I love you Jesus!

Lincoln burrows:

Are u saying we should pay tithe from the money given to us for house rent. How about paying just from your basic salary.?

1 Like

Re: Tithe- Should It Be From My Basic Salary Or My Netpay. by Lincolnburrows(m): 8:22am On Jul 25, 2016
BoosBae:
Who dey beef broke ass small boy with fish brain? lol...Thank God u know people are earning way beyond ur 210k imagination, so what's all the fuss about? I'll advice u understand what tithing is b4 even thinking of even paying, it's not something u give grudgingly thinking u're doing the pastor or the church a favour. Giving is all about the heart not even the amount u give. Attention seeker end of story ....2day is a new day #okbye

The funny thing is that the person behind this keyboard might just be one lousy gal trying to write jamb
Re: Tithe- Should It Be From My Basic Salary Or My Netpay. by BoosBae(f): 9:32am On Jul 25, 2016
Lincolnburrows:

The funny thing is that the person behind this keyboard might just be one lousy gal trying to write jamb
Lol ... U wish
Re: Tithe- Should It Be From My Basic Salary Or My Netpay. by Timmystephen: 1:06pm On Sep 12, 2021
A tithe is a tenth. The tenth part of your income. You don’t owe God any tithes until he has given you a blessing in form of an income, a gift, wage earning, salary, commission, profit, produce from your farm or any other blessing he brings your way.

Abraham paid tithes on all the spoils from the battle field.
“And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God. And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth: And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.” (Genesis 14:18 -20)
Re: Tithe- Should It Be From My Basic Salary Or My Netpay. by Timmystephen: 1:08pm On Sep 12, 2021
Payment of tithe covers everything that you can classify as an income or a blessing from the Lord. If you are employed and you earn a monthly salary, you owe God the tenth of your salary.
If in addition to your regular employment you run a private commercial business in the evening after work, you owe God Tithes on the income from this additional business which is an additional blessing. You also pay tithe on the gifts you receive.

God bless us all as his spirit leads us

(1) (Reply)

"Why I Stopped Believing In God" Ex Presbyterian Pastor Michal Pleban / Is A New Born Baby Already A Sinner? / Examples Of Apostle Paul conviniently ignored By preachers/pastors today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.