Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,786 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:27 PM

Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. (5251 Views)

Is Atheism A Belief Or Lack Of Belief / Is Atheism A Religion? / My Journey To Atheism (A Story Of An Ex Muslim) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by winner01(m): 4:42pm On Jul 24, 2016
My brother sent me the bbm contact of a youth from Finland and asked me to try to convince him not to take his life. When he accepted my friend request, I saw the following words on his PM: "Suicide seems to me like the only way out".

Maybe he was depressed and needed some help, so I engaged him in a discussion. I asked how he was and introduced myself as a friend. After that, I asked him why he would put such a post on his PM, he didn't really let me in on whatever he was going through.

I also tried some motivational talks I've read in books and some serious quotes about life and also some words of encouragement , he still didn't bulge.

Then I asked: "DO YOU BELIEVE IN GOD"... He replied "No..."

There was no time for apologetic explanations.

It was then I realized I had nothing more to say to him. He was right "Suicide seems to be the only way out in a world full of evil and suffering"

What if he didn't want to live and fight?, why should a man (an unplanned bag of matter and chemicals, according to the atheists) tell another man to live fight all his life when he has an option to end the needless misery.

Why should life continue to give rise to innocent children in a world of constant and suffering and evil?. It is not only meaningless but pointless.

The dude was right.: If life really is pointless, then there is no point living life, at least not in sufferings. He had already abandoned himself.

I could get angry with life and sound like our atheist brothers and then say life does not exist. Sounds stupid right? undecided

Well, that's what our atheist brothers say about the giver of life.

But what we know is that there is a purpose to life and that life did not just exist for the sake of existence.

The instance above and the few examples below shows how atheism could offer hopelessness and the effects thereafter. You may want to observe carefully the quotes of these persons.

Ted Kaczynski
American atheist and anarchist who killed 3 people and injured 23 others with a series of homemade bombs. His parents raised him as an "intellectual atheist," and he maintained, "I believe in nothing."

Gary Heidnick
Criminal from Pennsylvania who kidnapped, tortured, and raped 6 women, eventually murdering 2 of them, turning one into food and feeding her to the others. Though he founded a mock "church" on the side to receive tax exemptions, he said he had always been an atheist.

Brian Dugan
Serial killer who murdered 3 people and sexually assaulted several women in Chicago. He described himself as atheist to reporters and said he did not believe in heaven or hell, good or evil, calling them all "mad-made constructions."

Craig Stephen Hicks
Atheist mass murderer who killed 3 Muslim students in the 2015 Chapel Hill shooting. He regularly made online posts condeming all religions, described himself as an "anti-theist," was a supporter of “Atheists for Equality,” and was an outspoken fan of Richard Dawkins’ book The God Delusion.

Richard Kuklinski
American contract killer who murdered up to 250 people for the mob. He admitted to being an atheist, saying the Church was a sham and that if God really existed, there would be no violence in the world.

Jack Kevorkian
American pathologist and promoter of euthanasia who performed over 130 physician-assisted suicides and was eventually arrested for it. When asked if he believed in a god, he quipped, "Bach. At least I didn't make mine up."

Eric Harris
One of the two high school students who committed the "Columbine High School Massacre" in which they shot and killed 13 people and injured 24 others (before killing themselves). He had written in his journal that he did not want to do what "parents, cops, God, or teachers" tell him to do, making him, at the very least, a practical atheist (and notably, he never indicated he believed in God at all). As recorded on a video tape, Harris is seen saying, "Go Romans! Thank God they crucified that asshole." He was enamored with Charles Darwin's concept of "Natural Selection," writing, "Natural SELECTION!!!!!!!!!!! God damn it's the best thing that ever happened to the Earth. Getting rid of all the stupid and weak organisms. I wish the government would just take off every warning label. So then all the dumbasses would either severely hurt themselves or DIE!" On the day of the shooting, he wore a t-shirt with the label "Natural Selection" written across it.

Dylan Klebold
The other one of the two high school students who committed the "Columbine High School Massacre" in which (once again) they shot and killed 13 people and injured 24 others (before killing themselves). Recorded on video tape, he is seen cheering with Harris for the Romans because they crucified Christ ("that asshole" as Harris put it). Also on video tape, Klebold said he disliked one of his classmates, Rachel Scott, calling her a "Christian, Godly little LovePeddler," suggesting than he was not only an atheist but an anti-theist as well. Klebold and Harris made her the first victim of the Columbine shooting. After shooting her once, he asked, "Do you still believe in God?" to which she said, "You know I do." He then mocked, "Go be with with him," shooting her in the head.

Kimveer Gill
Canadian mass shooter and self-described atheist who perpetrated the "Dawson College shooting," in which he shot and killed 1 and injured 19 others, before shooting himself in the head. In addition to being a fan of the Columbine High School Massacre, he had written on his website, "I hate this world, I hate the people in it, I hate the way people live, I hate God, I hate the deceivers, I hate betrayers, I hate religious zealots, I hate everything ... I hate so much ..."

Kip Kinkel
Atheist High Schooler who shot and killed both his parents. The next day he went to school and shot and killed 2 students as well as wounded 35 others in the "Thurston High School shooting." He said, "If there was a God, he wouldn't let me feel the way I do. There is no God, only hate."

Michael Adam Carneal
A self-professed atheist who went to a religious youth group in Kentucky and began shooting them after the opening prayer, murdering three girls and wounding five others.

Seung-Hui Cho
South Korean mass shooter who killed 32 students (before killing himself) in the "Virginia Tech Shooting." He apparently had become an atheist, having dropped out of his church, and, according to his roommate, had "railed against his parents' strong Christian faith."

Matti Juhani Saari
Finnish atheist who shot and killed 10 people in the "Kauhajoki school shooting," before committing suicide.

James Holmes
American mass murderer who was convicted on 24 counts of murder and 140 counts of attempted murder, having shot up a movie theater in Aurora, Colorado, which was playing the film "The Dark Knight Rises" while he was dressed as the Joker. He had labelled himself an agnostic on an online dating service website (which, according to some atheists, would make him qualify as an atheist).

Jeffrey James Weise
Ojibwe student who killed 9 and injured 7 people at Red Lake Senior High School, after which he then shot himself. His behavior during the shooting spree indicated militant atheism as a motive. He shot a female teacher in response to her saying, "God be with us," and then turned and asked a student, "Do you believe in God?" to which the student answered, "No," and consequently spared the student and proceeded to find alternate targets.

Elliot Rodger
Atheist mass murderer who killed 6 people and injured 14 others at the University of California, Santa Barbara, using multiple guns and knives, and then committed suicide. He had written in his journal: "I am the closest thing there is to a living god. Humanity is a disgusting, depraved, and evil species. It is my purpose to punish them all."

Christopher Sean Harper-Mercer
Mass murderer from California who killed 9 people at Umpqua Community College in Oregon, the deadliest shooting in the state's history. He described himself as an atheist on his MySpace page and asked multiple people if they were Christians and then shot them after they answered yes.

Pekka-Eric Auvinen
Finnish student and Nazi enthusiast who shot and killed 8 people before killing himself in the "Jokela school shooting." He described himself as a "godlike atheist," having said, "I, as a natural selector, will eliminate all who I see unfit."

Jared Lee Loughner
Atheist mass shooter in the 2011 Tucson shooting, killing 6 people (including a U.S. District Court Judge) and injuring 13 others (including a U.S. Representative). He was an outspoken critic of US currency having the phrase "In God We Trust," repeatedly mocked all religion (especially Christianity), and said Karl Marx's "The Communist Manifesto" was one of his favorite books.

John Hughes
Atheist serial killer from the Isle of Man who confessed to killing 15 or more people. He compared himself to the Anti-Christ and told reporters he did not believe in God.

Israel Keyes
Atheist serial killer from Utah who murdered 8 or more people before killing himself.

Seth Privacky
American mass murderer who killed 5 people, including his parents, brother, and grandfather, telling people that he had been raised with "an atheistic, or agnostic, view to life."

Jeffrey Dahmer
Atheist serial killer who murdered 17 people. He tortured, raped, dismembered, and cannibalized several of his victims. He credited his atheism for being the reason why he killed people, saying, "If it all happens naturalistically, what's the need for a god? Can't I set my own rules? Who owns me? I own myself."

David Berkowitz
Atheist serial killer who murdered 6 people and wounded 7 others. He claimed he was involved with a Satanic cult but also said he did not believe in God.

Leonard Lake
Californian serial-killer and atheist who, along with his co-conspirator Charles Ng, murdered 11 to 25 people.

Dennis Nilsen
British serial killer, homosexual necrophiliac, and atheist who strangled 12 men to death.

Ted Bundy [b]
Atheist serial killer who murdered 30 to over 100 people.

[b]James Oliver Huberty

American mass shooter and atheist who shot and killed 21 people, injuring 19 others, in the "San Ysidro McDonald's massacre."

Andrei Chikatilo
Soviet serial killer who killed and cannibalized 53 people. He confessed that Communism had a negative effect on him and that his atheism inspired him with anxiety which caused his mind to "split."

Jim Jones
American Marxist who transformed a group of church members into a Communist cult, wherein his fanatical followers would commit suicide on his command, resulting in a mass suicide of over 900 people (some of whom were forcibly killed, including children). He said that he "took the church and used the church to bring people to atheism."

Alvin Lee King III
A former teacher at a Texas high school, where he was known to be an outspoken atheist, who burst into a church with a rifle and a pistol, murdering 5 Christians and wounding at least 10 others (later hanging himself in his jail cell).

Bhagat Singh
Indian Marxist who opposed Gandhi's philosophy of non-violence and murdered a police officer and threw bombs into a crowd, causing injuries but fortunately no deaths. He wrote a work called "Why I am an Atheist," saying, "Where is God? What is He doing? Is He getting a diseased pleasure out of it? A Nero! A Genghis Khan! Down with Him!"

Paul Jaworski
Polish Atheist and gangster in Cleveland, Ohio, who killed up to 26 people. Before his execution, he was offered to see a chaplain but responded, "I preached atheism since the day I quit singing the choir. A man is yellow if he spends his life believing in nothing and then comes crawling to the church because he is afraid his death is near."

Carl Panzram
American criminal and atheist who murdered 21 people, raped over 1,000 people, and committed multiple burglaries, robberies, larcenies, and arsons. He said, "I don't believe in man, God nor Devil. I hate the whole damned human race, including myself... I preyed upon the weak, the harmless and the unsuspecting. This lesson I was taught by others: Might makes right."

Marc Lépine
Canadian Atheist who shot and murdered 14 women and wounded 14 others and then shot himself in the [i]"Montreal Massacre."
His mother reported that he was "a confirmed atheist all his life."

Timothy McVeigh
American terrorist who was convicted of the Oklahoma City Bombing, which killed 168 people and injured over 600 others (the deadliest terrorist attack prior to September 11, 2001). He informed the press that he did not believe in God.

David Roland Waters
An atheist and office manager of the organization called "American Atheists" who murdered 4 people.

cc; KingEbukasBlog, Richirich713, thoniameek, anas09, Tufanja, elantraceey, OLAADEGBU, KingEbukaNaija, ceeted, Chidexter, lezz, analice107, bxcode, Topeakintola, UyiIredia, Tellemall, vooks, Ishilove, sukkot, gatiano, mrpresident1, Drefan2, Strawman, dazzle101, lalasticlala, seun, Dejideji1, Farmerforlife, muafrika2, 4evergod2, udysweet, Edelweiss44, naijadeyhia

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by winner01(m): 4:44pm On Jul 24, 2016
There are athists who really lack a belief in God. You wont find such in a religion section.

Those who hate God and need othere to join them in their hatred for God will infest this thread soon.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by winner01(m): 4:45pm On Jul 24, 2016
There are those who think religions are to
blame for all human divisions and conflicts, whereas Atheism provides some kind of utopian panacea where we would all be
nice to each other.

Religions certainly have much to answer for; but avowed Atheist regimes have had their chance and they terribly blew it.

I say again, Atheism is not simply 'an absence of belief'. It is a coherent and militant set of ideas which reject the divine and is at the heart of some of the greatest evils in human history.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by winner01(m): 4:46pm On Jul 24, 2016
Then they redefine atheism to make them sound reasonable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by winner01(m): 4:47pm On Jul 24, 2016
A Christian woman shares with us her story of domestic abuse and a broken family at the hands of an atheist.

According to the Pew Forum a whopping 37% of atheists never marry as opposed to 19% of the American population, 17% of Protestants and 17% of Catholics.

Atheists have a reputation for being arrogant, angry, socially challenged, immoral, uncharitable, cowardly and engaging in profanity, so their attractiveness as a potential marriage partner is significantly diminished.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by Supersuave2(m): 5:15pm On Jul 24, 2016
I was served the opposite of what I was expecting from the op
Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by ShaqFu: 5:25pm On Jul 24, 2016
A man is entitled to believe in whatever he wants to believe in. It's all about choice. All this talk of atheist this, and religious folks that, stem from the basic need of man to try and always impose his opinions and belief on his fellow man.

This is among the cause of most of the conflict we have in the world today, especially when it has to do with religion.

2 Likes

Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by winner01(m): 5:43pm On Jul 24, 2016
ShaqFu:
A man is entitled to believe in whatever he wants to believe in. It's all about choice. All this talk of atheist this, and religious folks that, stem from the basic need of man to try and always impose his opinions and belief on his fellow man.

This is among the cause of most of the conflict we have in the world today, especially when it has to do with religion.
You are right. I am for freedom of speech and so are several christian communities all over the world. The same cannot be said for islamic or atheistic countries.

I may not fancy mockery and dehumanization of faith and peoples of faith with no restriction. That is exactly what goes on in this section.

This post amongst others, helps to deal with facts. And it is what I'd like to call restrictions.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by ShaqFu: 5:48pm On Jul 24, 2016
winner01:
You are right. I am for freedom of speech and so are several christian communities all over the world. The same cannot be said for islamic or atheistic countries.

I may not fancy mockery and dehumanization of faith and peoples of faith with no restriction. That is exactly what goes on in this section.

This post amongst others, helps to deal with facts. And it is what I'd like to call restrictions.
Facts you say? What facts, if I may ask?
Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by winner01(m): 5:53pm On Jul 24, 2016
Every officially Atheist state in the past and in present has very bad human rights record even in 21st century . when militant Atheism takes complete control democracy will die
automatically.

The USSR anti-religious campaign was a
phase of anti-religious persecution in the Soviet Union that severely prohibited religious activities and called for a heightened attack on religion in order to further disseminate atheism.

The main target of the anti-religious campaign was the Russian Orthodox Church, which had the largest number of faithful. Nearly all of its clergy, and many of its
believers, were shot or sent to labour camps.

Theological schools were closed, and church publications were prohibited.
More than 85,000 Orthodox priests were shot in less than a year.

Only a twelfth of the Russian Orthodox Church's priests were left functioning in their parishes by thereafter.

More than 49,500 churches and monasteries destroyed in the former USSR out of a pre- number of 50,000.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by DeSepiero(m): 5:54pm On Jul 24, 2016
grin
Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by DeSepiero(m): 5:55pm On Jul 24, 2016
Interesting
Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by DeSepiero(m): 5:57pm On Jul 24, 2016
Winner01 if you'd stop being hypocritical, all the other crimes in this world you aint mentioning are committed by theists.
Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by DeSepiero(m): 6:00pm On Jul 24, 2016
In Nigeria alone, the population is over 150 milllion with over 95% percent being theistic and religious. You cant argue that a highly significant percentage of crimes in Nigeria aint committed by these believers.

2 Likes

Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by DeSepiero(m): 6:02pm On Jul 24, 2016
. ..why magnify the blunders committed by a fraction of the microscopic few atheistic population?
Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by DeSepiero(m): 6:03pm On Jul 24, 2016
Go to any police cell or prison yard, atleast 9 in 10 believe in God.

1 Like

Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by DeSepiero(m): 6:04pm On Jul 24, 2016
. .. your posts are just pathetic grin

1 Like

Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by DeSepiero(m): 6:05pm On Jul 24, 2016
Let the atheists be, the most heinous people are believers. angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by winner01(m): 6:06pm On Jul 24, 2016
DeSepiero:
Winner01 if you'd stop being hypocritical, all the other crimes in this world you aint mentioning are committed by theists.
This is by no means the full list of the attrocities commited by atheists. These are just the ones I can lay my hands on at the moment.

I'm only trying to educate the atheists who antagonize peoples of faith and think religion (especially islam), has a monopoly of violence.

We dont get such info. here often, and so if you will, please relax and let people find out the hoplessness offered by atheism.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by winner01(m): 6:10pm On Jul 24, 2016
DeSepiero:
Let the atheists be, the most heinous people are believers. angry angry angry
Ill let them be if they let me be.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by DeSepiero(m): 6:13pm On Jul 24, 2016
winner01:
Ill let them be if they let me be.

Actually you're insignificant, nobody cares about you: especially atheists

2 Likes

Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by winner01(m): 6:14pm On Jul 24, 2016
DeSepiero:
In Nigeria alone, the population is over 150 milllion with over 95% percent being theistic and religious. You cant argue that a highly significant percentage of crimes in Nigeria aint committed by these believers.
If they were atheists, it will be worse.

1 Like

Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by winner01(m): 6:14pm On Jul 24, 2016
DeSepiero:
Not true. If you could step out your house and pretend like a christian, and try to preach Jesus to scums, thugs, prostitutes, robbers, touts e.t.c.
You may find out that we have more atheists in Nigeria than recorded.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by winner01(m): 6:15pm On Jul 24, 2016
DeSepiero:

Actually you're insignificant, nobody cares about you: especially atheists
If you ddnt care, you wouldnt be here. grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by DeSepiero(m): 6:16pm On Jul 24, 2016
winner01:
Not true. If you could step out your house and try to preach Jesus to scums, thugs, prostitutes, robbers. You may find out that we have more atheists in Nigeria than recorded.
Not true either

1 Like

Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by DeSepiero(m): 6:16pm On Jul 24, 2016
grin grin
Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jul 24, 2016
[b]n another church tragedy, Pastor Isaac Hunter—the son of the spiritual adviser to President Obama—has reportedly taken his own life. Hunter’s death is making national headlines because of his megachurch father Pastor Joel Hunter’s influence on the White House, his marriage troubles and an undated suicide note found last year, but his death is far from the only pastoral suicide in recent months.

Just days ago, a pastor who was grieving his dead wife reportedly shot himself in front of his mother and son, expressing that he was hearing his dead spouse’s voice and footsteps. Pastor Ed Montgomery and his late wife, prophetess Jackie Montgomery, served at the Full Gospel Assemblies International church in Hazel Crest, Ill.

In November, a Georgia pastor killed himself in between Sunday services. Larrinecia Sims Parker, wife of the Rev. Teddy Parker Jr., found the pastor in the driveway of their home with a self-inflicted gunshot wound, Houston County coroner Danny Galpin reports.

Why the sudden rash of pastors committing suicide? Suicide is not a new problem among clergy, but three known suicides in less than two months begs a deeper look at the issue.

There is no lack of statistics about pastors and depression, burnout, health, low pay, spirituality, relationships and longevity—and none of them are good. According to the Schaeffer Institute, 70 percent of pastors constantly fight depression, and 71 percent are burned out. Meanwhile, 72 percent of pastors say they only study the Bible when they are preparing for sermons; 80 percent believe pastoral ministry has negatively affected their families; and 70 percent say they don’t have a close friend.

The Schaeffer Institute also reports that 80 percent of seminary and Bible school graduates will leave the ministry within five years. It’s not clear how many commit suicide, but it is clear that pastors are not immune to it. Psychologists point to several reasons why people commit suicide, from depression to psychosis to stressful life situations. But one thing is certain: Whatever drives someone to take their own life ultimately begins in the mind. Suicidal thoughts precede suicide.

“Suicidal thoughts have numerous causes," according to Mayo Clinic. "Most often, suicidal thoughts are the result of feeling like you can’t cope when you’re faced with what seems to be an overwhelming life situation. If you don’t have hope for the future, you may mistakenly think suicide is a solution. You may experience a sort of tunnel vision, where in the middle of a crisis you believe suicide is the only way out.” [/b]

5 Likes

Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by winner01(m): 6:16pm On Jul 24, 2016
DeSepiero:
. .. your posts are just pathetic grin
Too bad for you. There is more where they came from. And theres nothing you can do about it. You can only wail and then lie that you do not care.

3 Likes

Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by DeSepiero(m): 6:17pm On Jul 24, 2016
.Unfortunately, fact is, for every atheist crime you find to mention, there are several hundreds committed by theists.

1 Like

Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by winner01(m): 6:17pm On Jul 24, 2016
DeSepiero:
Still not true. 9 in 10 were not thinking about God when they committed whatever crimes they committed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by DeSepiero(m): 6:18pm On Jul 24, 2016
winner01:
Too bad for you. There is more where they came from. And theres nothing you can do about it.

Why should i do anything about it when I'm publishing academic articles in high impact factor journals.
Re: Atheism: A Bold Representative Of Futility And Hopelessness. by winner01(m): 6:19pm On Jul 24, 2016
Lilbrown007:
[size=5pt][b]n another church tragedy, Pastor Isaac Hunter—the son of the spiritual adviser to President Obama—has reportedly taken his own life. Hunter’s death is making national headlines because of his megachurch father Pastor Joel Hunter’s influence on the White House, his marriage troubles and an undated suicide note found last year, but his death is far from the only pastoral suicide in recent months.

Just days ago, a pastor who was grieving his dead wife reportedly shot himself in front of his mother and son, expressing that he was hearing his dead spouse’s voice and footsteps. Pastor Ed Montgomery and his late wife, prophetess Jackie Montgomery, served at the Full Gospel Assemblies International church in Hazel Crest, Ill.

In November, a Georgia pastor killed himself in between Sunday services. Larrinecia Sims Parker, wife of the Rev. Teddy Parker Jr., found the pastor in the driveway of their home with a self-inflicted gunshot wound, Houston County coroner Danny Galpin reports.

Why the sudden rash of pastors committing suicide? Suicide is not a new problem among clergy, but three known suicides in less than two months begs a deeper look at the issue.

There is no lack of statistics about pastors and depression, burnout, health, low pay, spirituality, relationships and longevity—and none of them are good. According to the Schaeffer Institute, 70 percent of pastors constantly fight depression, and 71 percent are burned out. Meanwhile, 72 percent of pastors say they only study the Bible when they are preparing for sermons; 80 percent believe pastoral ministry has negatively affected their families; and 70 percent say they don’t have a close friend.

The Schaeffer Institute also reports that 80 percent of seminary and Bible school graduates will leave the ministry within five years. It’s not clear how many commit suicide, but it is clear that pastors are not immune to it. Psychologists point to several reasons why people commit suicide, from depression to psychosis to stressful life situations. But one thing is certain: Whatever drives someone to take their own life ultimately begins in the mind. Suicidal thoughts precede suicide.

“Suicidal thoughts have numerous causes," according to Mayo Clinic. "Most often, suicidal thoughts are the result of feeling like you can’t cope when you’re faced with what seems to be an overwhelming life situation. If you don’t have hope for the future, you may mistakenly think suicide is a solution. You may experience a sort of tunnel vision, where in the middle of a crisis you believe suicide is the only way out.” [/b][/size]
When you go on to steal peoples materials, you may want to cite references.

And whats do you mean by the son of the spiritual adviser to obama? undecided

No be only son of spiritual adviser, you will soon see the father of the spiritual ambassador of U.S. grin

You better dont let desperation rid you of your sanity.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Think before you contribute to the 3-km Long Church Auditorium for Rccg / "The Lord's Prayer" Is Not For Believers / I Need Your Help With This Question. It's Urgent.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.