Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,360 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

How Do I Verify Land Before Purchase In Abuja - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Do I Verify Land Before Purchase In Abuja (1229 Views)

Find Out Where The People Are Going And Buy The Land Before They Get There.” ~wi / Standard Plot Of Land Before Ikota Villa Estate, Lekki / How Do I Verify Land Before Purchase In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Verify Land Before Purchase In Abuja by obidaddy: 8:04pm On Jul 24, 2016
My dear nairalanders' i am about to purchase 2 plots of land somewhere at Gwagwalada area. The owner has shown me the following papers:
Agis (Acknowledgement of Regularisation of land Titles)
Certificate of Occupancy from Gwagwalada Area council and
Survey plan.
The seller assures his paper and title is genuine, he said i could go to Agis office to verify on they computer. Gentlemen/ladies, i dont reside in Abuja but want to purchase and develope a small property in Abuja. Please i am afraid of lossing my life savings, please kindly advice me accordingly
What should i do, lookout for or steps to take. The land is located at kotikun area of Gwagwalada and i have until tuesday to close the deal or else someone else takes it.

Please i beg for your advice.

Lalastica, mynd44, super mods please kindly push this to front page before i loss all i have laboured for in my entire life. Thank you
Re: How Do I Verify Land Before Purchase In Abuja by dondo83(m): 2:09am On Jul 25, 2016
The seller told you the process of verification and yet you are still asking for what advice? You still have to come to abuja for documentation so "im not living in abuja" wont work. If its your live savings as you claimed, come down to abuja go to agis and gwags to verify the papers. The whole process of verification and purchase shouldn't exceed 72hrs
Re: How Do I Verify Land Before Purchase In Abuja by obidaddy: 12:42pm On Jul 29, 2016
dondo83:
The seller told you the process of verification and yet you are still asking for what advice? You still have to come to abuja for documentation so "im not living in abuja" wont work. If its your live savings as you claimed, come down to abuja go to agis and gwags to verify the papers. The whole process of verification and purchase shouldn't exceed 72hrs

I have heard you sir, but you sound angry. No one knows it all which is why i needed practical advice on what to do or avoid since Abuja is a different terrain for me.
Please where is this agis office and gwags?
Thank you.
Re: How Do I Verify Land Before Purchase In Abuja by okunfemm(m): 1:35pm On Jul 29, 2016

Contact information
No. 4 Peace Drive,
Central Business District Abuja FCT, Nigeria
Tel: 234-8050715299, 234-8090154777
info@agis.fcta.gov.ng
landapplication@agis.fcta.gov.ng

obidaddy:

I have heard you sir, but you sound angry. No one knows it all which is why i needed practical advice on what to do or avoid since Abuja is a different terrain for me.
Please where is this agis office and gwags?
Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Pic Of Tastefully Built 4bed Semi Detached Duplex with In Chevy View Estate 48m / 7 Most Expensive Homes Of 2016 !!! / 4bed Room Duplex With 3bedroom Bq For Sale In Gwarinpa Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.