Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,130 members, 7,825,538 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Terminator 2 Is 25years This Month. Here Are 10 Things You Don't Know About It - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Terminator 2 Is 25years This Month. Here Are 10 Things You Don't Know About It (845 Views)

BBNaija 2018 Bambam: 10 Things You May Not Know About The Ex Housemate / Zee World Twist Of Fate Teasers (september 2017) – Ends This Month / Remember JOHN CONNOR In TERMINATOR 2? The Way He Looks Now Would Shock You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Terminator 2 Is 25years This Month. Here Are 10 Things You Don't Know About It by labamo07(m): 9:34pm On Jul 24, 2016
Hi all, I found Terminator 2 as one of the best robotic film I have ever watched and I decided to Google some facts about it. Terminator 2: Judgment Day turns 25. Let us mark this momentous occasion by revealing 10 things about the movie you probably don't know about it
1. James Cameron sold the rights to the series for $1.
Cameron reportedly sold the rights to the entire franchise for a dollar in exchange for the opportunity to direct the original 1984
Terminator. But that didn't stop Cameron from becoming the third - richest director of all time. As Arnold would say, "he'll live."
2. Billy Idol was almost T-1000.
Terminator 2 sure confused audiences when Schwarzenegger's terrifying T-800, the antagonist of the first film, spent T2 trying to protect John Connor. T-1000, played by Robert Patrick, took over bad guy duties. But T-1000 was almost portrayed by sneering pop star Billy Idol, who bailed after getting into a motorcycle accident.
3. Arnold was worried about playing the good guy.
Cameron told Schwarzenegger over breakfast that he wouldn't be killing anyone in Terminator 2 . “ But Jim, ” Schwarzenegger responded , “ I ’m the Terminator . ” It took some sweet-talking, but Cameron finally convinced Schwarzenegger that he would not be terminating anyone.
Re: Terminator 2 Is 25years This Month. Here Are 10 Things You Don't Know About It by labamo07(m): 9:38pm On Jul 24, 2016
4. T2 won four Oscars.
The cyborg blockbuster won "Best Sound," "Best Sound Effects," "Best Visual Effects," and "Best Makeup." It was also nominated for "Best Cinematography" and "Best Film Editing."
5. At the time, it was the most expensive film ever made. With a budget of $102 million, it had an astronomical budget for 1991. Luckily for the future of both the series and James Cameron, it doubled its budget and made $ 204 million in domestic box office gross. Of course, Cameron later shattered that record when he directed
Titanic, which became the highest-grossing movie ever.
6. The original ending was changed.
The original ending that was shot and ready to go had John Connor living peacefully in the future. Of course, happiness doesn't allow for sequels, so the ending was changed at the last minute to make way for Terminator 3 . However, the original finish can still be seen on collector's edition DVDs of the film.
7. It's the best Terminator movie
Well, depending on who you ask. T2 has nearly the triple the votes of the original on IMDb . But the original movie has a perfect score on Rotten Tomatoes, while the sequel boasts a still pretty impressive 93 percent.

1 Like

Re: Terminator 2 Is 25years This Month. Here Are 10 Things You Don't Know About It by labamo07(m): 9:40pm On Jul 24, 2016
8. "Hasta la vista, baby" didn't play well in Spain
Turns out, the humor of teaching a robot to say, "hasta la vista, baby" doesn't quite work for Spanish audiences. The version released in Spain has the line changed to "Sayonara, baby" to preserve the humor of T-800 using a catchphrase in another language.
9. Schwarzenegger was paid $21,000 per word
If you do the math, considering he only speaks 700 words throughout the film, divided into his
$15 million salary , every word he says cost the studio $21,429. Obviously this figure doesn't account for the fact that the guy does all of his own stunts for the most part.
10. The mini-gun was the same one used in
Predator .
Hasta la vista, baby....................

2 Likes

Re: Terminator 2 Is 25years This Month. Here Are 10 Things You Don't Know About It by K9blunt(f): 11:10pm On Jul 24, 2016
Wow wow waow!

shocked
Re: Terminator 2 Is 25years This Month. Here Are 10 Things You Don't Know About It by ShaqFu: 3:05am On Jul 25, 2016
Wow! Terminator 2. My 2nd best movie ever. I still remember watching it on video cassette. How time flies.
Re: Terminator 2 Is 25years This Month. Here Are 10 Things You Don't Know About It by stano2(m): 6:28am On Jul 25, 2016
Very interesting movie
Re: Terminator 2 Is 25years This Month. Here Are 10 Things You Don't Know About It by ba7man(m): 6:54am On Jul 26, 2016
That movie took my breath away as a kid.

I couldn't believe so much action could take place in one movie.

(1) (Reply)

Islamic Cleric Advise Banned Kannywood Actress To Snub Akon Invitation And Marry / . / 28 Real Life Encounter Of Ghosts And Supernatural. (for Lovers Of Horror Movies)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.