Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,760 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

How To Successfully Start Your Dream Business With Little Or No Money - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Successfully Start Your Dream Business With Little Or No Money (527 Views)

How To Start An Online Store With No Money And Make Profit / 3 Simple Online Businesses You Can Start From Home With Little Or No Capital!! / Here Is Your Chance at Getting That Dream Job Or Starting That Dream Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Successfully Start Your Dream Business With Little Or No Money by nwalaocha50(m): 12:14am On Jul 25, 2016
Albert Einstein is widely credited with saying “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.”
If the skills you have are not enough, I humbly suggest you learn a new skill. Skills are powerful. Having a skill is highly liberating. Skills do pay the bills.
Athletes make money from their running skills, tennis players do the same. Same as footballers, writers, etc. Let me quickly share this quote:
“Tennis is mostly mental. Of course, you must have a lot of physical skill, but you can't play tennis well and not be a good thinker. You win or lose the match before you even go out there” - Venus Williams
Now, skill sets can broadly be divided into soft and hard skills.
Hard skills include your paper certificate, ability to speak a major language apart from English, fast typing ability, etc. They're basically skills you can be taught.
Soft skills, on the other hand, include skills that can not be quantified like hard skills. They're highly subjective and they include communication skills, people skills, patience skills, time management skills, etc.
In the work place, most employers look for people with certain soft skills because they believe hard skills can be taught (eg. computer programming) but it's practically impossible to teach soft skills (like patience. I mean where are you gonna start from?)
If you're gainfully employed, start developing yourself. Learn a new skill. Who knows. Your boss may be thinking of promoting and the mantle could fall on you.
On the flip side, develop yourself because your job is in danger, if everybody in your work place can do what you can do. There should be something you can do better than the people in your work place. That thing will stand you out. And even when the boss suggests a sack, he'll be reminded you're the only one the company relies upon to perform a certain function.
The long and short of all this is, develop yourself. Learn new skills. Sharpen your edge.
I always tell people the future of our economy is a skill-based one. I've been saying this like forever. Get into the fray. Many employers employ today based upon the value you can add to their bottom line. Many of them are not concerned about paper certificates. If you like have 7 Master Degrees, the simple question they'll ask you is:
“What are you going to add to our bottom line if I employ you?”
That's all they want to know.
A family friend once told me about going for an interview with his two Masters Degree but the Oyinbo man who conducted the interview didn't even bother to check them. All he was concerned was what the interviewee was going to bring to the table. He didn't care if he was just a School Certificate holder.
That's where our future is going. The earlier you're prepared, the better. Learn things you can do with your hands. Today, some generator mechanics earn more than some graduates. And yet, they probably didn't even go to school, but just because they can do stuff with their hands.
Learn a skill. Learn something you can do with your hands.
There's power in learning a new skill. You're reading this and I can hear you say, “I don't have to intentionally learn a new skill, my company sponsors us for periodic training”. Take it or leave it, your company will only sponsor you for training that'll complement their business and goals. If you look at it, in a critical way, you're growing to benefit the company. When will you start growing to benefit yourself and your goals?
Catch me tomorrow morning as we start proper on the topic.

2 Likes

Re: How To Successfully Start Your Dream Business With Little Or No Money by emorse(m): 12:27am On Jul 25, 2016
In one sentence, get an education. Nice one OP.
Re: How To Successfully Start Your Dream Business With Little Or No Money by nwalaocha50(m): 9:28am On Jul 25, 2016
Yes before we go further i want to discuss on The Secrets of Making Money with a Blog.
What is blog?
It is simply place to share your thoughts and your passions.
Then why blog for money?
• It's FREE and EASY to set up
• ANYONE can do it
• FREEDOM to work from anywhere
• Profit from your PASSION
• Unlimited PROFIT potential
• Gain an invaluable SKILL
Friends,please constructive contributions are allowed.

(1) (Reply)

How Should You Deal With An Irresponsible Debtor? / Delivery To Ur House / Is Network Marketing Without Physically Talking To People Possible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.