Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,481 members, 7,958,451 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 02:38 PM

300 Ethnic(tribes) In Nigeria.name Yours. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 300 Ethnic(tribes) In Nigeria.name Yours. (2093 Views)

White Woman Change Her Name To Nigeria Name / The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From / List Of Nigerian Tribes And The States Where They Live. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

300 Ethnic(tribes) In Nigeria.name Yours. by Adadio: 7:09am On Jul 25, 2016
In Nigeria,there are said to be about 300 different ethnic groups.The use of the term tribe is said to be derogatory,even demeaning,so let's stick to ethnicity.Now starting from Angas or Annang let us name our ethnic groups with pride and what makes you thick or how do other Nigerians view your tribe(oh that word again?).Let us show more love to our other countrymen and women please.
Re: 300 Ethnic(tribes) In Nigeria.name Yours. by wasuka14(m): 7:19am On Jul 25, 2016
Am proudly from Yoruba tribe. (Omo odua ni mi.)

2 Likes

Re: 300 Ethnic(tribes) In Nigeria.name Yours. by DonMaxxy(m): 7:20am On Jul 25, 2016
My ethnic: Wazobia

Our language: Pidgin-turkey or fowl English. Anyone can serve.

State located: All the 36 states of the federation including FCT with the exclusion of Sambisa state

Qualities: We are very good and hardworking people. We are great people. But fiffle say we quorupt including our traditional ruler.

Traditional Ruler: Sheik Oba Igwe Muammmadu Okechukwu Muari

2 Likes

Re: 300 Ethnic(tribes) In Nigeria.name Yours. by GHA1(m): 7:49am On Jul 25, 2016
am proudly an Izon Man...
Haa!!! Izon Iya Haa!!! Izon Iya
Meya Izon keme emi..... emi ooooo

1 Like

Re: 300 Ethnic(tribes) In Nigeria.name Yours. by YourNemesis: 8:57am On Jul 25, 2016
YORUBA.
Y to the O to the R to the U to the B to the A.

1 Like

Re: 300 Ethnic(tribes) In Nigeria.name Yours. by onuwaje(m): 9:23am On Jul 26, 2016
i represent the Itsekiri Nation
Itsekiri dede mo kiaghan

1 Like

Re: 300 Ethnic(tribes) In Nigeria.name Yours. by DEBLESSEDMC(m): 11:13am On Jul 26, 2016
CCHHAA CCHHAA CCHHAA CHAAAAAAAAAAA IGBO KWENU, CCHHAA CCHHAA CCHHAA CHAAAAAAAAAAA IGBO KWENUUU, CCHHAA CCHHAA CCHHAA CHAAAAAAAAAAA IGBO KWEZUONU. EEEHH, NDI BE ANYI, ASIM KAM GWA UNU NA ANYI NOKWA EBEA. KA IHE ANÉME NA AGAKWA NÍHU.

1 Like

Re: 300 Ethnic(tribes) In Nigeria.name Yours. by elopee3000(m): 9:56pm On Jul 26, 2016
U know bishop?
Re: 300 Ethnic(tribes) In Nigeria.name Yours. by ehikwe22: 3:18pm On Jul 28, 2016
I rep Ika. we the best

1 Like

Re: 300 Ethnic(tribes) In Nigeria.name Yours. by lalo128: 8:34am On Jul 30, 2016
WAZOBIA to da bone UP nija
Re: 300 Ethnic(tribes) In Nigeria.name Yours. by Alfranco(m): 9:35pm On Jul 31, 2016
wasuka14:
Am proudly from Yoruba tribe. (Omo odua ni mi.)
Yoruba is a nation. You must be from one of the many tribes that make it a nation.
Re: 300 Ethnic(tribes) In Nigeria.name Yours. by Nobody: 2:53pm On Aug 01, 2016
Pls which state is that?
ehikwe22:
I rep Ika. we the best
Re: 300 Ethnic(tribes) In Nigeria.name Yours. by ehikwe22: 12:56am On Aug 02, 2016
Oma307:
Pls which state is that?
Delta. The present governor of CBN and the present governor of Delta States are both Ika men. Jim Ovia, Nduka Obaigbena, Nduka Irabor and many other prominent Nigerians are from this great ethnic group.
Re: 300 Ethnic(tribes) In Nigeria.name Yours. by Nobody: 8:05pm On Aug 03, 2016
ehikwe22:
Delta. The present governor of CBN and the present governor of Delta States are both Ika men. Jim Ovia, Nduka Obaigbena, Nduka Irabor and many other prominent Nigerians are from this great ethnic group.

Lol... All I see in your list are igbo names
Re: 300 Ethnic(tribes) In Nigeria.name Yours. by ehikwe22: 8:28pm On Aug 03, 2016
Neemrod:

Lol... All I see in your list are igbo names
Where are you from? Let's start from there.
Re: 300 Ethnic(tribes) In Nigeria.name Yours. by ehikwe22: 8:31pm On Aug 03, 2016
In the 3 names I listed, the 3 surnames are Edo names, 2

1 Like

Re: 300 Ethnic(tribes) In Nigeria.name Yours. by Nobody: 10:44pm On Aug 03, 2016
ehikwe22:
Where are you from? Let's start from there.
I'm an undiluted igbo man and when I see an igbo name I recognize it.
Re: 300 Ethnic(tribes) In Nigeria.name Yours. by ehikwe22: 7:21am On Aug 04, 2016
Neemrod:

I'm an undiluted igbo man and when I see an igbo name I recognize it.
You only saw one Igbo name which is Nduka, is Obaigbena an Igbo name? is Irabor an Igbo name? is Ovia an Igbo name? one Igbo name makes all the names become Igbo?
Re: 300 Ethnic(tribes) In Nigeria.name Yours. by tonychristopher: 7:38am On Aug 04, 2016
ehikwe22:
You only saw one Igbo name which is Nduka, is Obaigbena an Igbo name? is Irabor an Igbo name? is Ovia an Igbo name? one Igbo name makes all the names become Igbo?

Do you know that we have ovim village in ebonyi
Irabor is an Igbo name and has igbo meaning
And it also have Edo meaning
Re: 300 Ethnic(tribes) In Nigeria.name Yours. by tonychristopher: 7:39am On Aug 04, 2016
Unapologetically igbo man here
Re: 300 Ethnic(tribes) In Nigeria.name Yours. by RedboneSmith(m): 8:07am On Aug 04, 2016
tonychristopher:

What is the meaning of Irabor in Igbo?
Re: 300 Ethnic(tribes) In Nigeria.name Yours. by ehikwe22: 9:29am On Aug 04, 2016
tonychristopher:

Please please please!!! I just mentioned my ethnic group. Mention your own ethnic group and stop all these rubbish. I'm not here to argue with you. thanks. Irabor, Obaigbena and Ovia are all have Igbo meanings. hope you're happy now.

(1) (Reply)

GOOD Movie About African Martial Art, Capoeira, And NIGERIAN God Eshu / Do You Represent Your Community? Does Someone Else Represent You? / Rukpokwu,A Town In Rivers State Where Female Dogs Are Forbidden(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.