Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,169 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:26 PM

Yoruba Culture, What Would You Change? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba Culture, What Would You Change? (590 Views)

December Culture : What Happened To Knockouts And Bangers? / Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture / Brazilian Tourists Vow To Promote Yoruba Culture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Culture, What Would You Change? by lenposh(f): 11:59am On Jul 25, 2016
Singer Sinmi already said ''Love don't care''
An Igbo man on his traditional wedding day chose to do everything in his wife's culture(Yoruba). He was asked to prostrate with his all expensive white agbada as this is a compulsory thing to do as part of the marriage rites in the Yoruba land.He refused abruptly and everybody were surprised and this kept the wedding on hold till now as I speak because the Yorubas believe it is a pride and can't give her out to a proud Igbo man. For me, I don't think he loves her, because you can actually do anything for love.
Well, civilization! civilization!! civilization!!! Civilization has taken over our culture.
Is this right?
If you were in the position to change anything in the Yoruba culture, what would it be?
Re: Yoruba Culture, What Would You Change? by EllaNkay: 2:38pm On Jul 25, 2016
hmmmmm........................... when you are in Rome behave like the Romans.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Culture, What Would You Change? by PeterKbaba: 4:46am On Jul 26, 2016
lenposh:
An Igbo man on his traditional wedding day chose to do everything in his wife's culture(Yoruba). He was asked to prostrate with his all expensive white agbada as this is a compulsory thing to do as part of the marriage rites in the Yoruba land.He refused abruptly and everybody were surprised and this kept the wedding on hold till now as I speak because the Yorubas believe it is a pride and can't give her out to a proud Igbo man. For me, I don't think he loves her, because you can actually do anything for love.
Well, civilization! civilization!! civilization!!! Civilization has taken over our culture.
Is this right?
If you were in the position to change anything in the Yoruba culture, what would it be?

NOTHING!
Re: Yoruba Culture, What Would You Change? by AmuDimpka: 6:26am On Jul 26, 2016
lenposh:
Is this right?

Not humiliation..we don't prostrate

It is stupid to prostrate l
Re: Yoruba Culture, What Would You Change? by ayommy12: 12:53pm On Jul 26, 2016
Its not compulsory he marries from Yoruba tribe na, that's a mjor sign of pride, it reads a deeper meaning to the bride's family. What's there, did they say he shud come and be prostrating for them everyday? He's not a wise groom. What a white man will do with fun, he's finding it difficult to do. (Hissed)

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ndigbo Now Slaves In Nigeria; Igbo Monarch Eze Ogugua. / Curfew In Sagamu Remo / What Does A Funeral Director Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.