Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,606 members, 7,809,218 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:38 AM

The Best Path To Becoming A Web Developer - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / The Best Path To Becoming A Web Developer (1334 Views)

How To Get Jobs As A Web Developer / JESUS LOVES YOU SO MUCH. GIVE YOUR LIFE TO JESUS. JOHN3:16 / Take Your Web Development Skill/Career To The Next Level By Creating A Web App (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best Path To Becoming A Web Developer by sinkernet: 12:28pm On Jul 25, 2016
1) Decide the programming language to learn. JavaScript started from supporting a big brother programming language to becoming a language you can use to develop desktop apps ( see Electron), mobile apps (see React Native), robots, etc without the help of any other programming language. No other programming language is evolving like JavaScript. So, if you want to be able to build anything for any platform with the help of only one programming language, learn JavaScript.

2) Learn the basics of JavaScript & how to use it with its friends (HTML & CSS)
3) learn JavaScript libraries & frameworks - learn React.js and his friends (Redux.js and React Native)
4) Learn Node.js and his friends (MongoDb & Express)

You can start with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fI904fVvBE
Re: The Best Path To Becoming A Web Developer by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jul 25, 2016
The title is misleading, i thought i would see solid advice for new comers on how to learn programming, instead all you have done is promote javascript and a particularly youtube video.

2 Likes

Re: The Best Path To Becoming A Web Developer by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jul 25, 2016
The title is misleading, i thought i would see solid advice for new comers on how to learn programming, instead all you have done is promote javascript and a particular youtube video.

2 Likes

Re: The Best Path To Becoming A Web Developer by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 11:10pm On Jul 25, 2016
beginner naim go dey learn node.js
Re: The Best Path To Becoming A Web Developer by sinkernet: 9:51am On Jul 26, 2016
ANTONINEUTRON:
beginner naim go dey learn node.js
node is the 4th step. The 1st step is JavaScript
Re: The Best Path To Becoming A Web Developer by sinkernet: 9:57am On Jul 26, 2016
The title is misleading, i thought i would see solid advice for new comers on how to learn programming, instead all you have done is promote javascript and a particular youtube video.
new comers are advised to start with JavaScript for the reasons started in 1)
And 2) to 4) is about the steps to follow. And the video is about getting started with JavaScript by building a very basic app
Re: The Best Path To Becoming A Web Developer by KazukiIto(m): 2:55pm On Jul 27, 2016
Do you understand the term 'programming'? Change your title n00b

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Website By A Teenage Programmer. / What Is The Minimum Spec For Laptops Used For Programming / Please Why Do Nigerian Men Look Down On Women Who Try To Raise Head On Programi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.