Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,697 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

How Do I Register The Name Of My Company (CAC) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do I Register The Name Of My Company (CAC) (3233 Views)

CAC Reviews Cost Of Business Registration, Says Now Cheaper / Cac Closes Manual Registration Of Companies In Five States / Why My Company Has Been Very Successful – Dangote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Register The Name Of My Company (CAC) by bruzrecordz(m): 3:12pm On Jul 25, 2016
hello guys
please I need help on how to register the name of my company, I have been to several agencies and non of them is giving me what I want...last week I went to federal secretariat port Harcourt, they told me come with two (2) passports and the sum 27k, name search is 5k plus tin and vat 15k, everything is about 47k to get the certificate, now today I went to corporate affairs commission (CAC) at there I met some telling me the name search is 1k and when the name is available, to process the form will cost me 65k...so please someone should help me on how to go about it.

thanks.
Re: How Do I Register The Name Of My Company (CAC) by ThrillmeatRep(f): 3:46pm On Jul 25, 2016
Go to cac.gov.ng
Register
Name search is #500. Pay using remita
Total money for registration shud be 10k for company/enterprise.
Select cac office close to u and u ll be asked to submit d required docs. Then u ll get ur cert when it is ready

Tin is free. Go to tax office close to u
Re: How Do I Register The Name Of My Company (CAC) by mashnino(m): 5:35pm On Jul 25, 2016
bruzrecordz:
hello guys
please I need help on how to register the name of my company, I have been to several agencies and non of them is giving me what I want...last week I went to federal secretariat port Harcourt, they told me come with two (2) passports and the sum 27k, name search is 5k plus tin and vat 15k, everything is about 47k to get the certificate, now today I went to corporate affairs commission (CAC) at there I met some telling me the name search is 1k and when the name is available, to process the form will cost me 65k...so please someone should help me on how to go about it.

thanks.

Ewo... Why don't you do it at the cac office closest to you.. You can do the name search online with just 500 naira and then after successful search and the name is available then just head to their office and register the business name. Which costs basically 10k but i am sure the person doing the reg will ask for their own small amount too
Re: How Do I Register The Name Of My Company (CAC) by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jul 25, 2016
First of all, it depends on the type of name you want to register, just a business name or a private liability. Each of them has associated costs but like the posters above me have said, name search is just 500 and business name is 10k while private liability is north of 50k.

Don't let people scam you oo.

Read this article to get better informed: http://www.nextnaijaentrepreneur.com/register-business-name/

1 Like

Re: How Do I Register The Name Of My Company (CAC) by kentochi(m): 10:46pm On Jul 25, 2016
ThrillmeatRep:
Go to cac.gov.ng
Register
Name search is #500. Pay using remita
Total money for registration shud be 10k for company/enterprise.
Select cac office close to u and u ll be asked to submit d required docs. Then u ll get ur cert when it is ready

Tin is free. Go to tax office close to u
can you help me with this ma.
Re: How Do I Register The Name Of My Company (CAC) by smartleo(m): 1:18am On Jul 26, 2016
Op ,I have been registering businesses for people both business name and limited since 2009,I'm currently handling two jobs for different orgsnisation ,you can contact me 08060365556.My price are moderate and the Job will be delivered in no time.thanks
Re: How Do I Register The Name Of My Company (CAC) by Nobody: 6:21am On Jul 26, 2016
smartleo:
Op ,I have been registering businesses for people both business name and limited since 2009,I'm currently handling two jobs for different orgsnisation ,you can contact me 08060365556.My price are moderate and the Job will be delivered in no time.thanks

Registering a business name is not rocket science. Create value first; give a helping hand before advertising anything you are doing. Instead of guiding the guy and at least trying to answer the question, you are trying to make a fast buck. That is everything wrong with the mindset of people in this country. If this guy asked this question on warrior forum, he would be drowning in answers by now. Nigerians are the most selfish people on this planet and that only increases our poverty.

You can attack me oo but i won't read it anyway so knock yourself out. All I'm saying is, we should have the mindset of creating value. that is the only way people prosper.

11 Likes

Re: How Do I Register The Name Of My Company (CAC) by smartleo(m): 11:03am On Jul 26, 2016
delivite:

Registering a business name is not rocket science. Create value first; give a helping hand before advertising anything you are doing. Instead of guiding the guy and at least trying to answer the question, you are trying to make a fast buck. That is everything wrong with the mindset of people in this country. If this guy asked this question on warrior forum, he would be drowning in answers by now. Nigerians are the most selfish people on this planet and that only increases our poverty.

You can attack me oo but i won't read it anyway so knock yourself out. All I'm saying is, we should have the mindset of creating value. that is the only way people prosper.
Sincerely I appreciate your comment and I learnt from it a lot.thanks
Re: How Do I Register The Name Of My Company (CAC) by ipeg34yahooco: 1:04pm On Jul 26, 2016
Hi, All of the above responses are accurate on business registration,if you choose to do it yourself .However,if you desire it to handled professionally,you can reach us via our contact info on our website www.summitsolicitors.com.
Regards.
Re: How Do I Register The Name Of My Company (CAC) by bruzrecordz(m): 2:37pm On Jul 26, 2016
Thank you all, I have done it through the guidelines you all mentioned, it was very easy and stress free.
I blame the so call agents (touts),, (parading their selves as lawyers just to defraud you of your sweat) . I met outside and inside CAC that led me to believe that I can't do it on my own.
Re: How Do I Register The Name Of My Company (CAC) by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jul 26, 2016
bruzrecordz:
Thank you all, I have done it through the guidelines you all mentioned, it was very easy and stress free.
I blame the so call agents (touts),, (parading their selves as lawyers just to defraud you of your sweat) . I met outside and inside CAC that led me to believe that I can't do it on my own.

Exactly. Very easy and stress free. The first business name i registered, a lawyer friend that i met told me to bring 50k. my friend oo...a few days later, I took the step and went to CAC. I registered the business name for 10,750 without any stress or hassles. Anybody can do it.
Re: How Do I Register The Name Of My Company (CAC) by 2sexynet: 7:53pm On Jul 26, 2016
delivite:

warrior forum is dead wink
Re: How Do I Register The Name Of My Company (CAC) by Nobody: 5:37am On Jul 27, 2016
2sexynet:
warrior forum is dead wink

lol...you wish
Re: How Do I Register The Name Of My Company (CAC) by 2sexynet: 6:37am On Jul 27, 2016
delivite:

lol...you wish
if you think it's not, bro u are a new member. Freelancer has killed it
Re: How Do I Register The Name Of My Company (CAC) by bruzrecordz(m): 2:51pm On Jul 27, 2016
freelance....?
never heard of it...no jokes
Re: How Do I Register The Name Of My Company (CAC) by 2sexynet: 7:56am On Jul 28, 2016
bruzrecordz:
freelance....?

never heard of it...no jokes
never heard of what? Freelancer? I actually meant freelancer.com
Re: How Do I Register The Name Of My Company (CAC) by bruzrecordz(m): 12:16pm On Jul 28, 2016
how long will it take for me to get the certificate from CAC ...a week or two...?
Re: How Do I Register The Name Of My Company (CAC) by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jul 28, 2016
2sexynet:
if you think it's not, bro u are a new member. Freelancer has killed it

Warrior forum is a forum like nairaland. Freelancer is a job outsourcing site like fiverr. the two are never the same thing. so I don't see how freelancer could kill warrior forum. It's like saying LIB killed nairaland...
Re: How Do I Register The Name Of My Company (CAC) by 2sexynet: 2:36pm On Jul 28, 2016
delivite:

Warrior forum is a forum like nairaland. Freelancer is a job outsourcing site like fiverr. the two are never the same thing. so I don't see how freelancer could kill warrior forum. It's like saying LIB killed nairaland...
You should have asked me what I mean. You are new to that forum and hence your postion. Freelancer.com bought warrior forum and if you feel consider its current state as the best, then my brother, you were never around when warrior forum was rave of the world internet marketers. The big dogs HAVE all left bro, just a few that are remaining.
Re: How Do I Register The Name Of My Company (CAC) by DeConsultant: 7:46pm On Mar 10, 2017
According to the Federal Government drive to making the cost of doing business cheap in Nigeria, do you know that registering a business name, limited liability companies and other allied dealing with the Corporate Affairs Commission is now very easy & faster and can be done by the first directors, proprietors and trustees (promoters).
If you need assistance as regards the particulars of a proposed company, stamping of documents, pre-incorporation documentation, filing of incorporation documents, registration and incorporation, preliminary matters after incorporation (Company Seal, FIRS TIN, EFCC SCUML, Corporate Bank Opening) & Post incorporation (annual returns, changes in memorandum, removal or appointing directors, change of company name, increase in share capital).
We are also professionals in trademarks, patents, copyrights & special designs; NAFDAC registration, NIPC registration, NEPC registration and other government special registration, taxation (TCC, VAT & CIT returns) etc.
We have assisted over 200 hundred promoters, clients in Nigeria and Diaspora with our all inclusive corporate service. You can contact us for more information and inquiries via call or Whatsapp on 08107804290.
Re: How Do I Register The Name Of My Company (CAC) by ememibies: 11:49pm On Jan 02, 2022
EVG Business Consulting Limited has been in existence since 2018 offering the following services:

Business name registration: 16,000
Company Registration: 45,000
NGO: 95,000
Scuml: 40,000
TIN: 5,000
Accounting Services like Bookkeeping, payroll Computation, etc.
we also offer post incorporation services like change of name or director

Instagram: evgbusiness
Phone number: 08128057533
Email: Info@evgbusiness.com
Office address: Suite D1 Kuriftu Plaza by Ecobank Jabi Abuja.
Re: How Do I Register The Name Of My Company (CAC) by DeConsultant: 5:20pm On Jan 03, 2022
SOME CORPORATE CAVEATS FOR YOUR BUSINESS IN 2022.
1. BUSINESS NAME
Yes, you registered your business name in 2021, even if it was in the month of December, the company will be due for ANNUAL RETURNS in 2022. Do not wait until the CAC search engine tag it INACTIVE before you do the needful and default will also attract penalty.

2. LIMITED COMPANIES
I incorporated my company in 2021 too. Yes, depending on the month, especially when it was incorporated before July, this means you will be filing annual returns in 2022. The law is 18 months after incorporation. Always know you have a fiduciary duty to do this and avoid penalty and INACTIVE status.

3. INCORPORATED TRUSTEES
Incorporated Trustees or NGOs? Yes, Church, Mosque, Club, Foundation, Initiative, Association etc. are also not left out on filing ANNUAL RETURNS. If, it was registered in 2021, then they are also liable to file, default will attract PENALTY and INACTIVE status on the CAC search web.

4. INACTIVE STATUS
What about I that registered before or prior 2021 and my company is showing INACTIVE on the CAC search web? Every company promoter must know that they owe the corporate entity a fiduciary duty to be free from liabilities and be in the good books of relevant industry regulators. As you may know, your company status is public knowledge. File your company’s ANNUAL RETURNS up to date.

5. UPGRADE MY BUSINESS NAME
I have a registered business name, but I desire and want to upgrade that same business name as a LIMITED COMPANY. Yes, it is achievable and stress-free, if you have the copy of the CAC Certificate of the existing Business Name. Do this to keep trading with the goodwill you have built on the existing business name.

6. CHANGE IN REGISTERED COMPANY ADDRESS
My company recently relocated its office address from where we initially used in the CAC documents. Yes, that is a welcome development, but you must act in good faith by duly notifying and filing to effect this change in the company document with the CAC. You will be penalize if you default after 14 days.

7. I WANT A GROUP
I want to expand, or I have expanded my business interests, but I have only 1 registered limited company and will like to have a GROUP. Having a GROUP is possible and it is not cumbersome. You must have at least 3 registered companies, this companies will be the subsidiaries and shareholders of the intended GROUP. Then, getting the GROUP is achievable.
8. CHANGE IN THE COMPANY STRUCTURE
My company made some changes in the structure of the company whether recently or before now and we would like to effect the changes in the bank. Do you know that you owe a fiduciary duty to firstly notify and file the changes within 14 days with the CAC? Default will attract fines and penalties. Always keep your company safe from liabilities.

9. VALUED ADDED TAX (VAT)
My registered business name has commenced operation on or before 6 months ago and I don’t know I am meant to be filing VAT (Value Added Tax) monthly. Ignorantia Juris Non Excusat (Ignorance of the law is not an excuse). It is meant to be filed on or before 21st of every month. Do this and avoid any penalty or liability from the FIRS.

10. USING NGO TO DO BUSINESS
I registered a Limited by Guarantee or an Incorporated Trustees (Club, Church, Mosque, Association, Initiative, Foundation etc.) and I have running business services or goods with it, and I have been making profit from it, though I have been using majority of the proceeds to further the objectives of the NGO. Desist from such acts, it is called ultra-vires. You are not meant to run a business with an NGO, unless you want it to be taxable and an IT isn’t a profit-making machine. Continuity will attract penalties, fines and soil the integrity of the entity.
Re: How Do I Register The Name Of My Company (CAC) by DeConsultant: 7:05pm On Jan 09, 2022
It’s a new year and GCCL (Gomez Corporate Consult LTD) is back, revived, and active with assisting all interested company promoters with their relevant corporate demands.
We will also like to announce that we will be continuing our discount promo this new year, accept fast while offering last!!!

We assisted clients/ promoters in the following areas:
1. Company Registration (Business Name & Partnership)
2. Limited by Shares Companies (Private Limited Company, Public Limited Company, Unlimited Company, Limited by Guarantee)
3. Incorporated Trustees (Foundation, NGO, Club, Church, Initiative, etc)
4. Intellectual Properties (Trademark, Patents, Specialized Designs)
5. Taxation (TIN Application, TCC Application, CIT Filings, VAT Filings, etc)
6. EFCC SCUML Application
7. NAFDAC Registration
8. Post Incorporation Services (Annual Returns, Removal or Appointment of Directors, Alteration to the Memart etc)
9. Corporate Services (Consent Code Application, Company Search etc)
10. Consulting Services (Assisting clients/promoters who have ongoing/pending registrations).

Some of our services at affordable consideration:

Business Name Registration: N20,000 (Certificate will be out within 10 working days)
Limited Partnership/ LP: N35,000 (Certificate will be out within 10 Working days)
Limited Liability Company/ LLC: (1 million share capital): N50,000 (Certificate will be out within 10 Working days)
Limited Liability Partnership/ LLP: N60,000 (Certificate will be out within 10 Working days)
Incorporated Trustees (NGO, Church, Mosque, Foundation, Club, Initiatives): N100,000 (Certificate will be out within 40 days (inclusive of the mandatory 28 days for a public opinion after the newspaper publications).

Contact us by visiting our website: www.gomezconsult.com call us on 08107804290 or 08102794272; mail us at info@gomezconsult.com.

Some registrations concluded this past week.....GCCL.....the help that counts.

Re: How Do I Register The Name Of My Company (CAC) by DeConsultant: 5:20am On Mar 03, 2022
It’s a new year and GCCL (Gomez Corporate Consult LTD) is back, revived, and active with assisting all interested company promoters with their relevant corporate demands.
We would also like to announce that we will be continuing our discount promo this new year, accept fast while offering last!!!

We assisted clients/ promoters in the following areas:
1. Company Registration (Business Name & Partnership)
2. Limited by Shares Companies (Private Limited Company, Public Limited Company, Unlimited Company, Limited by Guarantee)
3. Limited Liability Partnership (LLP)/ Limited Partnership (LP)
4. Incorporated Trustees (Foundation, NGO, Club, Church, Initiative, etc)
5. Intellectual Properties (Trademark, Patents, Specialized Designs)
6. Taxation (TIN Application, TCC Application, CIT Filings, VAT Filings, etc)
7. EFCC SCUML Application
8. NAFDAC Registration
9. Post Incorporation Services (Annual Returns, Removal or Appointment of Directors, Alteration to the Memart etc)
10. Corporate Services (Consent Code Application, Company Search etc)
11. Receivership, Company Voluntary Administration (CVA), Corporate Administration.
12. Consulting Services (Assisting clients/promoters who have ongoing/pending registrations).

Some of our services at affordable consideration:

Business Name Registration: N20,000 (Certificate will be out within 10 working days)
Limited Partnership/ LP: N35,000 (Certificate will be out within 10 Working days)
Limited Liability Company/ LLC: (1 million share capital): N50,000 (Certificate will be out within 10 Working days)
Limited Liability Partnership/ LLP: N60,000 (Certificate will be out within 10 Working days)
Incorporated Trustees (NGO, Church, Mosque, Foundation, Club, Initiatives): N100,000 (Certificate will be out within 40 days (inclusive of the mandatory 28 days for a public opinion after the newspaper publications).

Contact us by visiting our website: www.gomezconsult.com call us on 08107804290 or 08102794272; mail us at info@gomezconsult.com.

Some registrations concluded this past week.....GCCL.....the help that counts.

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Profitable Skills To Acquire That Can Sustain You Without A Job After Sch / Nigeria Will Soon Create A Digital Currency — CBN / Please Someone Should Tell Me Any Online Business I Can Do With My Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.