Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,232 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone (18239 Views)

Which Was Your First Phone? (Photo) / I Thought I Lost My Phone But This Man Returned It. (pic) / How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by Naijasinglegirl: 3:44pm On Jul 25, 2016
How I got that phone was a miracle. For months, I downloaded every nice photo I saw of it on the internet.
I read ALL of the reviews on GSM ARENA. I saved penny by penny and one semester’s holiday, I stayed over at an aunt’s and on the day I was due to leave, she gave me enough money that completed my savings for the phone.

I remember brimming with smiles as I walked into a branch of Slot to purchase my Nokia e-Series. That day was one of the happiest days in my life. My phone became my family, boyfriend and best friend until the original owner came for it.

3pm one sunny afternoon, I went to the salon to retouch my hair. I was the only customer in the salon and my head was completely bent while my hairdresser kept applying relaxer.
My best friend was charging in a corner. Little did I know the last time I held it in my hands was the last time I was going to see my baby, dead or alive.

I remembered my hair dresser talking to a little boy who walked in, telling him she had no hair dye to sell. I didn’t see his face but I guessed he shouldn’t be more than 14 years old judging by the sound of his voice. Immediately he left, I remembered getting up to pick my phone but it was nowhere to be found, the charger dangling by the wall.

I panicked! That mini-heart attack you get when your phone mysteriously disappears from your pocket. I quickly collected my hairdresser’s phone and dialed my number. My worst fears were confirmed. The phone was switched off.
I sat on the ground and screamed. The hairdresser said the boy that came in probably took it. She said he rode a bicycle. I got up and walked to the left end on the street, and then to the right end of the street with my hands on my head. Then I ran left, and then right, asking people if they saw a boy rode past in a bicycle. I was losing my mind.
Usually, I never leave relaxer on my hair for more than ten minutes but I cared less that day. I didn’t care about the heat, the burns or my thinning hair strands. I was running left and right on the street with relaxer on my head.

A small group of people had gathered in front of the saloon to ask my hairdresser why her customer was running mad as my hairdresser narrated the incident to them. Two girls held my hands and begged me to at least allow her wash the relaxer.

It was getting to an hour and I refused to wash the relaxer.
Anyway, I didn’t leave the saloon until 7:30pm that day cos I had no willpower to walk.

When I got to my hostel that night, I met some of my friends waiting in my corner. Bad news travel fast indeed. They knew how much I dotted on my phone and they came to register their condolences. In a bid to console me, my friends were saying, “Don’t worry, that person that stole your phone has taken all your problems in this life!!!”
I was like, “Did I tell you people I have a problem with my problems? He should bring back my phone and my problems!”

I was inconsolable

That night I cried myself to sleep. I prayed for a miracle. I wished I backed-up my photos and data, I regretted going to the saloon, I regretted having hair. The thought that an illiterate boy was going to sell my N48,000 phone for N5,000 hurt me.
I wore black that week as though I was mourning….

When I showed no signs of improvement, five of my friends rallied and contributed 2’K each for me to get a London used version of the phone. Sister gave me 10K, I had 10’K and I was able to find a guy on Twitter that sold his for me for 30k.
I still have the replacement with me and though it isn’t working properly, I smile every time I stare at it.

If I lose a phone again (GOD FORBIDS!), I will surely act that way cos I have this special connection with material things I buy with my money, especially when I save for 9 months, clean kitchens, sweep and babysit kids to afford it.

What’s your experience losing a phone?

http://www.naijasinglegirl.com/time-ran-mad-losing-phone/

59 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by hungryboy(m): 3:57pm On Jul 25, 2016
Dem never thief my phone,
Since I start use phone,
But e no surprise me sha,
Cos, who go thief phone were dem take rubber band tie together?

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by Young03(m): 3:58pm On Jul 25, 2016
can't read all this
Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by hungryboy(m): 4:03pm On Jul 25, 2016
Naijasinglegirl, to avoid stories that touch in future,
Maybe, you should copy this guy's model

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by hahn(m): 4:14pm On Jul 25, 2016
I was like, “Did I tell you people I have a problem with my problems? He should bring back my phone and my problems!”

Lol. I tire oooo

I prayed for a miracle.

Ehya. Maybe you are not aware but prayers don't work. Well, now you know grin

Funny as always. Keep it up

2 Likes

Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by kaywhynoni: 4:20pm On Jul 25, 2016
Since 2005 that I bought my sim card, both glo and mtn, have never lost phone, I do change the phone but my 11years old Sims are still intact till today.......

Happy 11th years anniversary to my Sims. angry grin grin angry grin

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by Alexk2(m): 4:25pm On Jul 25, 2016
grin grin....lmoa
.I'll be back with my experience.
Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by NCP: 4:31pm On Jul 25, 2016
Nice Story, Next Story Please.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by Florblu(f): 4:32pm On Jul 25, 2016
And I had to laugh so hard
Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by AuroraB(f): 4:42pm On Jul 25, 2016
embarassed I kent relive that without shedding tears. Not just a phone but 2 shocked, my handbag with new clothes, a purse, 7,800 and........kai sad
I sat on the kerb @anthony underbridge cry. I could only cry; Mummy'm oooooo undecided. Some guys alighted from their car asking if I was alright undecided. They sha paid a taxi driver to take me home. I was inconsolable, I left my sympathizers for outdoors to cry embarassed. My eyes were swollen for days grin. The thief left me with the 200 naira I took out for my tfare sha sad. Reason I can never pity 'em when they been lynched angry. N'itori oloun, agubaniran ni emi n'igbayen cheesy

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by David25(m): 4:46pm On Jul 25, 2016
I thought I could do it but I couldn't. I quit reading the story before I even got halfway.

*yawns*

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by Emmyk(m): 4:55pm On Jul 25, 2016
Never lost a phone per say, I've been robbed twice of 3 phones tho.
Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by Elparaiso(m): 5:00pm On Jul 25, 2016
To the bastard that tore my window's net and took my phone last year, God might have forgiven you, but I have not.

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by Ridwan1821: 5:05pm On Jul 25, 2016
I lost my phone yes2day and I just keep on remembering d last time d phone was with me. Can someone pls enlighten me on how to track or block a stolen phone?
Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by mzlizabelle(f): 5:14pm On Jul 25, 2016
“Don’t worry, that person that stole your phone has taken all your problems in this life!!!”

Lwkmd
#BringBackMyPhoneAndProblems

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by sorextee(m): 5:16pm On Jul 25, 2016
this ur story make me laugh die grin grin grin I could imagine the whole drama..
ive lost countless times. and all the phones I lost are Samsung

used the Samsung s1, dropped it at a charging shop, before I came back from teaching(was serving then), they've demolished the kiosk. my fone and d owner of the shop disappear.

bought Samsung s2. was robbed at nya-nya around 10pm.

bought s3, it slipped out of my pocket in a cab. I didn't know.

started using s4. was snatched at berger, wen I was playing candy crush.

bought s5. na dis one pain me pass. went to spend some days at my frnds house, they use a pit toilet. wanted to use the toilet.
the phone was in my pocket. I removed my trouser, wanted to fold it, before hanging it. na so my fone and my wallet fall inside the pit. cry cry

since then, I knew I have bad luck with Samsung fones. had to switch to sony xperia.

Let me advice.
1. Never use ur phone, when sitting by d window at night in a cab.

2. Make sure you register ur phone in the phones website. Was able to locate my s4 then. The phone was already in onitsha. The sharp guy dat snatched it gave it to his sister. (I explained it in one thread like dat). Was still able to retrieve the call logs nd sms' remotely.

3. Install an anti-theft app in ur fone.

4. For the ladies who drive at night, never keep ur fone on d passenger seat, with ur glass wound down. Even ur bag too. My sis lost her iPhone 6splus nd htc m9 in one night, due to dat mistake.

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by Moneybook: 5:41pm On Jul 25, 2016
Meanwhile

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jul 25, 2016
No wonder. Now i know
Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by esaias1(m): 6:14pm On Jul 25, 2016
Never lost a phone, hopefully it'll never happen.
Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by blessedvisky(m): 6:14pm On Jul 25, 2016
Ok
Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jul 25, 2016
The funny dude that stole my BlackBerry in a cab and how i traced him.

Mine was a bbQ10 i got as a gift frm my boo, brand new, took a cab, was the only person on the front seat bt was carrying a birthday cake, the phone slept off my pocket, have already stepped out of the cab b4 it occurred to me my phone wasn't in my pocket, i immediately tried stopping the cab driver, bt he drove off on full speed.

I got another bb, 2wks later i sent my old pin a frds request and some1 accepted, it was a guy, i started chatting with him, made him believe i club alot, and i'm very rich, i even chat dirty with him cheesy....just to get my phone.

I invited him to my place and he came with the same phone and a frd that accompanied him, all in a bid to go clubing wit me, my brothers knelt him down, took the phone frm him after showing them the IMEI code on the phone pack and on the phone he was holding. grin he returned the phone and left embarrassed.

Lost it 2days after i received it, later sold it for 15K cos it was never the same. cheesy the thief has disfigured the phone screen.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by tukdi: 6:18pm On Jul 25, 2016
grin picture of ur UNCLADNESS OR IDONBILIVIT!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by Nwaguy24: 6:18pm On Jul 25, 2016
Thank God oo
Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by IntroVAT: 6:18pm On Jul 25, 2016
grin
Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by Spells(m): 6:18pm On Jul 25, 2016
It can b really really painful oh.. . Some galz prefer to loose e'm virginity than loosing e'm fone grin

1 Like

Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jul 25, 2016
Hehe
Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by drnairalov: 6:19pm On Jul 25, 2016
I lost mine a week after I got it, My sister just bought it for me, a sony Ericsson phone...around 35,000 # in early 2010, I was so glad that I had finally changed from using a chinese Nokia experss music phone... with the thunder striking sound that comes with it.. my friends will no longer laugh at me, I couldnt wait to take it to school the next day I said. that day never came sad...

i was sitting gisting in my work place with pals outside while my beloved phone was on the floor near me...I forgot the phone and stood up going back to my office, just within 5 mins i remembered and ran back the phone was no more, and the people there were no more, I asked the guy I suspected, but he declined. I couldn't tell my parent about it... I have lost about 3 previous phones, this phone my sis just bought for me... I waited till the next day on going to school. Then i called my dad and told him I was attacked in the bus i entered, I entred a one chance and they brought knives and stole all my valuables including my wallet... he asked about my school card i said it was in the wallet, but someone saw it and traced it to me so i have it back... well i knew he didnt believe me sad but i couldnt face him to say i have lost my phone again, and get shouts and scolding. I hate disappointing my dad. I have not lost a phne since then until last year when some people stole my 3 weeks phone while driving I have actually not told my sister the truth, guess i will confess now. all in all lying is not good

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by freshness2020: 6:20pm On Jul 25, 2016
That was how I went to eat at Modina's place( Buka) . I ate and forgot my Apple IPad air.
Sweat swallow me up for inside Harmattan from head to toe.

5 Likes

Re: I Ran Mad The Day I Lost My First Phone by saintkel(m): 6:21pm On Jul 25, 2016
OP is high on osogbo weed again

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Configure China Mobile Phones For Internet Browsing In All Nigerian Mobil / Whatsapp Starts Labelling Forwarded Messages In Effort To Fight Fake News / Photos From Infinix Note 5 Lagos Launch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.