Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,307 members, 7,826,214 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

Verizon Is Set To Purchase Yahoo For $4.8 Billion - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Verizon Is Set To Purchase Yahoo For $4.8 Billion (813 Views)

New Method Yahoo Boys Are Using To Hack Your Facebook Account / Apple Imac Pro Now Available For $4,999 / 9-Year-Old Segun Wire Who Wishes To Be A Yahoo Boy Gets Endorsement Deal. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Verizon Is Set To Purchase Yahoo For $4.8 Billion by Kenneth10110(m): 8:02pm On Jul 25, 2016
The announcement was made earlier today by the two companies, and there are plans of merging Yahoo with AOL which was acquired last year by Verizon. Yahoo has been struggling for years to retain its position as a significant internet symbol, but the decline seems permanent.Yahoo Mail, Fantasy Sports, Flickr, Yahoo search, Tumblr, ads as well as other content and mobile activities are part of the $4.8 billion deal. Two other shares comprising of Yahoo Japan and Alibaba are excluded but will have a new name when it eventually become a publicly traded investment.
Verizon CEO, Lowell McAdam pointed out in an official release that acquiring Yahoo will be a groundbreaking move for the US largest wireless company:
“ Just over a year ago we acquired AOL to enhance our strategy of providing a cross-screen connection for consumers, creators and advertiser, the acquisition of Yahoo will put Verizon in a highly competitive position as a top global mobile media company, and help accelerate our revenue stream in digital advertising.
Regarding whether Yahoo CEO, Marissa Mayer will be staying or not, reports claim that she is not leaving, but her position remains undisclosed. She wrote in a Yahoo memo, “For me personally, I’m planning to stay. I love Yahoo, and I believe in all of you. It’s important to me to see Yahoo into its next chapter.”
Once the deal is approved and sealed by Yahoo shareholders and regulators early next year, Yahoo will be integrated with AOL. Marni Walden, Verizon EVP and President of the Product Innovation and New Businesses organization will head the department.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Become A Web/app Developer Today!!! / Get Your Business Online / Top 10 Online Shopping Websites In India

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.