Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,177 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:31 PM

Deplorable State Of University Of Calabar Medical Hostel (hall 2 Annex) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Deplorable State Of University Of Calabar Medical Hostel (hall 2 Annex) (18185 Views)

University Of Calabar Lecturer Gives Coke To His Students During Lecture / Deplorable State Of A School In Enugu Despite Allocation Of N30M For Classrooms / Pictures Of University Of Calabar (unical) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deplorable State Of University Of Calabar Medical Hostel (hall 2 Annex) by Dapromzy333(m): 8:06am On Jul 26, 2016
na lie undecidedna lie
Re: Deplorable State Of University Of Calabar Medical Hostel (hall 2 Annex) by Percentile: 8:11am On Jul 26, 2016
Dunsin89:
So glad to be in Alexander Brown Hall in the premises of University College Hospital-University of Ibadan. The best, neatest, most conducive and the largest Medical (clinical) hall/hostel in Nigeria.
#Proudly Uite

Pictures or undecided
Re: Deplorable State Of University Of Calabar Medical Hostel (hall 2 Annex) by Nobody: 8:13am On Jul 26, 2016
blacktwist:
too bad... but I will sincerely put the blame on the students.... those picx signifies that the students of that hostel is damn toooooo dirty... Awon olorun... dirty folks
That's a little harsh. Based on the pics it shows much more than just untidiness. Dirtiness didn't cause the roof to leak or the electrical wiring to become loose. The problem just seems to be poor management.
Re: Deplorable State Of University Of Calabar Medical Hostel (hall 2 Annex) by blacktwist(m): 8:21am On Jul 26, 2016
mykel20:
That's a little harsh. Based on the pics it shows much more than just untidiness. Dirtiness didn't cause the roof to leak or the electrical wiring to become loose. The problem just seems to be poor management.
... and what about those buckets on bed?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deplorable State Of University Of Calabar Medical Hostel (hall 2 Annex) by TS2(m): 8:23am On Jul 26, 2016
Gaddem!
Re: Deplorable State Of University Of Calabar Medical Hostel (hall 2 Annex) by Believe2061(m): 8:30am On Jul 26, 2016
Times without number, we medical students would run to the deepest recesses of the rural areas to "reach out" to them. How then could we say - "Keep your environments clean, avoid stagnant water, wash your hands with soap and water... and etc".
I am so sure that the blood of these students could be harvested for the treatment of infectious diseases, notably HIV, EBOLA and LASSA, as their immune system would be as powerful as the 'hand of Midas' Any one it touches would be healed.
Re: Deplorable State Of University Of Calabar Medical Hostel (hall 2 Annex) by Believe2061(m): 8:33am On Jul 26, 2016
[quote author=blacktwist post=47894860]... and what about those buckets on bed?[/quote

Do you suggest they place their mouths instead to keep their foams from getting soaked by the abundance of liquid blessing from the flood gates? [quote author=blacktwist post=47894860]... and what about those buckets on bed?[/quote

Do you suggest they place their mouths instead to keep their foams from getting soaked by the abundance of liquid blessing from the flood gates?
Re: Deplorable State Of University Of Calabar Medical Hostel (hall 2 Annex) by hpk(m): 8:34am On Jul 26, 2016
When a doctor gets sick and another doctor doctors him, does the doctor doing the doctoring have to doctor the doctor the way the doctor being doctored wants to be doctored, or does the doctor doing the doctoring of the doctor doctor the doctor as he wants to do the doctoring?
Re: Deplorable State Of University Of Calabar Medical Hostel (hall 2 Annex) by NwaEsonu: 8:43am On Jul 26, 2016
Calling on God, i feel like crying. Who even said there is a country called Nigeria?
Re: Deplorable State Of University Of Calabar Medical Hostel (hall 2 Annex) by Joshialex(m): 8:44am On Jul 26, 2016
blacktwist:
too bad... but I will sincerely put the blame on the students.... those picx signifies that the students of that hostel is damn toooooo dirty... Awon olorun... dirty folks

please Don't blame the Students. From the pictures, its clear that it's not the students. This is what happens whenever it rains.
Buckets on bed are because the roofs are leaking terribly and that's the only way to have a little night sleep when it rains.
I think the management should come to their rescue.
Re: Deplorable State Of University Of Calabar Medical Hostel (hall 2 Annex) by DRCIC(m): 8:44am On Jul 26, 2016
Dunsin89:
So glad to be in Alexander Brown Hall in the premises of University College Hospital-University of Ibadan. The best, neatest, most conducive and the largest Medical (clinical) hall/hostel in Nigeria.
#Proudly Uite

Don't be too excited my dear cos an injury to one is injury to all whether u like it or not.
For this same mentality we hv remained where we are in this country, since ure not directly affected today does not mean u will not be indirectly affected tomorrow.
I was trained in a good environment as a medical student, but seeing this eyesore makes bleed for colleagues to be undergoing training in such condition.
What I can't explain is wat d VC of the school and the college provost are doing to salvage this situation.
Oh God we need ur help

1 Like

Re: Deplorable State Of University Of Calabar Medical Hostel (hall 2 Annex) by Waspy(m): 8:49am On Jul 26, 2016
iamswizz:
But Nigerians are funny o.. So these are the schools we expect our foolish leaders to send their kids to? One begins to wonder why all their kids school abroad.

They steal your money, leave your institutions to rot, clamp down your labour unions, pad your budget, share your money meant for the purchase of arms to fight terrorism and what you all can do is engage in a PDP vs APC fight. We all forget that these people we try to defend are all collective thieves.

Nigeria cannot be better, there is no hope for now, Buhari can do nothing and we all know why, infact how will Nigeria get better when citizens cannot demand for their rights, nobody wants to die abi? Then let's keep enjoying it this way.. or maybe we should even go back to military rule, because democracy has really failed us.

See your schools nigerians, look at your hostels, and you want to be included in the world's top 2000 universities? Hahahahaha
Re: Deplorable State Of University Of Calabar Medical Hostel (hall 2 Annex) by warreng16(m): 9:33am On Jul 26, 2016
funny enough i once stayed in dis hostel during my student days..... even became the Hall Governor, channeled series of letters for the hotels to be renovated but yet the Unical administrators ( VC, DVC & Director of works) took it for jokes... they only listen to threats and riots by students...
So pathetic its still very bad like dis....
Only God will save us in dis country....
Greatest Malabites and Malabresses......Reasonable Action!
Re: Deplorable State Of University Of Calabar Medical Hostel (hall 2 Annex) by saintdennis(m): 9:47am On Jul 26, 2016
iamswizz:
But Nigerians are funny o.. So these are the schools we expect our foolish leaders to send their kids to? One begins to wonder why all their kids school abroad.

They steal your money, leave your institutions to rot, clamp down your labour unions, pad your budget, share your money meant for the purchase of arms to fight terrorism and what you all can do is engage in a PDP vs APC fight. We all forget that these people we try to defend are all collective thieves.

Nigeria cannot be better, there is no hope for now, Buhari can do nothing and we all know why, infact how will Nigeria get better when citizens cannot demand for their rights, nobody wants to die abi? Then let's keep enjoying it this way.. or maybe we should even go back to military rule, because democracy has really failed us.

See your schools nigerians, look at your hostels, and you want to be included in the world's top 2000 universities? Hahahahaha

Pls forget labour unions...THEY ARE THE PROBLEM WITH NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES

Also what is the role of a SUG?

Y can't they organise a 1-week boycott of lectures? Why can't they involve the media?

You need to see how much these VC's dey embezzle.
Re: Deplorable State Of University Of Calabar Medical Hostel (hall 2 Annex) by davojaye(m): 9:49am On Jul 26, 2016
Breaking News: HND/BSc Dichotomy Removed.

At last, it is with excitement, capital joy amidst jubilation and celebration of over 20 years struggle of Nigerian Polytechnic students and graduates including the staff unions and heads of Polytechnic in Nigeria.

I am pleased to announce to the public that the COUNCIL OF ESTABLISHMENT which comprises of all the head of service of the 36 States of the Federation and the head of service of the Federation approved the removal of this long overdue dichotomy which hinder the career progression of HND holders in civil service in her meeting held in Minna Niger state capital during the week after an exhaustive deliberation, pro and anti deposition which ended with tie vote of 16 against 16 while the head of service of the Federation voted in support as presiding officer after the tie, to earn the Polytechnic sector the victory.

Making the vote 17 pro against 16 anti. Henceforth, This resolution automatically lift embargo on HND holder career progression in civil service as the holder can now rise beyond Deputy Director in civil service as well enjoy all sort of benefits/promotion to the topmost rank due to BSc holders in civil service.

It is on record that this same Council was the sole obstacle for this struggle since year 2005 when President Olusegun Obasanjo pronounced the removal of this dichotomy, the Council called the then president statement a mere pronouncement with out documentation and refused it adoption nor implementation.

It will be recalled that the last meeting of the council which was held at Ilorin kwara state capital witness heavy presence of Nigeria Polytechnic students which I personally led as the National Senate President of NAPS to the council in protest for the need for the council to reconsider her position on the said matter.

A position paper was submitted after the protest as demanded by the then head of service of Federation who was the chairman of the Council, unfortunately, the matter was completely discussed nor concluded at Ilorin until now in her next meeting in Niger state.

The Council often meets every 3 years, On behalf of the entire West Africa Polytechnic students and most especially the Nigeria Polytechnic students, I express sincere gratitude to the head of service of states and that of the Federation who stood for us and with us, the Federal Ministry of Education, the National Board for Technical Education NTBE, Council of Head of Polytechnic and Colleges of Technology COHEADS, Academic Staff Union of Polytechnic ASUP, past and present leadership of National Association Of Polytechnic Students NAPS and by extension the Nigerians Union of journalist for their support all through the struggle.

We look forward for immediate implementation by all state of the Federation, Federal government agencies and departments while I call on all Polytechnic student to join us as we Commence appreciation/celebration.

Aluta continua, Victoria Ascerta,
No retreat no surrender,
As long as we live, struggle continues.

Amb S A Lukman #AIG
Immediate past Senate President NAPS, Outgoing Regional President WAPSU
Re: Deplorable State Of University Of Calabar Medical Hostel (hall 2 Annex) by justinenho: 10:19am On Jul 26, 2016
Oh my annex, the most corrosive hostel east of Niger and north of the hipopo. A hostel known for its reputation as the slutter ground for SUG elections. The smallest hostel but the mightiest. When i was director of welfare of this great house, other hostels used to marvel at our neatness. How things have changed!
Annex how e go ber??

1 Like

Re: Deplorable State Of University Of Calabar Medical Hostel (hall 2 Annex) by Nobody: 10:25am On Jul 26, 2016
blacktwist:
To prevent water from the leaking room to wet the bed. Or is there something I'm missing
Re: Deplorable State Of University Of Calabar Medical Hostel (hall 2 Annex) by Nobody: 10:25am On Jul 26, 2016
blacktwist:
To prevent water from the leaking room to wet the bed. Or is there something I'm missing?
Re: Deplorable State Of University Of Calabar Medical Hostel (hall 2 Annex) by Reality2020(m): 10:36am On Jul 26, 2016
cosmatika:
Which type of Drs do dey train here?
that's wat I wan ask them sef.
Re: Deplorable State Of University Of Calabar Medical Hostel (hall 2 Annex) by DealMogul(m): 10:48am On Jul 26, 2016
Dear Poster, you cannot even spell properly; you probably deserve to be in this hostel as a penance for you horrid grasp of English. It is "Porter" not "potter" as you have wrongly typed; please don't blame autocorrect for your error...
Re: Deplorable State Of University Of Calabar Medical Hostel (hall 2 Annex) by J3ro13: 11:23am On Jul 26, 2016
DealMogul:
Dear Poster, you cannot even spell properly; you probably deserve to be in this hostel as a penance for you horrid grasp of English. It is "Porter" not "potter" as you have wrongly typed; please don't blame autocorrect for your error...
And I guess u will nt blame ur own mistakes on autocorrect?? What's "Ivigorate" in ur personal text?? Go solve ur problems first...

1 Like

Re: Deplorable State Of University Of Calabar Medical Hostel (hall 2 Annex) by SamuelChukx: 11:35am On Jul 26, 2016
This is how to be a medical student in Unical. But we're hopeful, really hopeful cos things are changing, though slowly. If you see the hustle to be accommodated in that hostel first, you'll be shocked!!!!! Off campus is not a quick option; Calabar ain't so safe and by the way, house rents are laser-sharp.

1 Like

Re: Deplorable State Of University Of Calabar Medical Hostel (hall 2 Annex) by adecares(f): 12:16pm On Jul 26, 2016
Not only in unical
Re: Deplorable State Of University Of Calabar Medical Hostel (hall 2 Annex) by Chiamonwu: 12:30pm On Jul 26, 2016
[color=#990000][/color][b][/b] this one na 5star hotel compare to Federal poly kaura namoda,zamfara state hostels
Re: Deplorable State Of University Of Calabar Medical Hostel (hall 2 Annex) by Believe2061(m): 1:00pm On Jul 26, 2016
blacktwist:

Too dirty ke? If only, my dear, you could use u r brain just this once you'd realise that the pictures depict a leaky roof and other problems out of sheer mismanagement and abandonment...... Pathetically, they suffer from the reasoning of your kind.
Re: Deplorable State Of University Of Calabar Medical Hostel (hall 2 Annex) by blacktwist(m): 5:00pm On Jul 26, 2016
Believe2061:

Too dirty ke? If only, my dear, you could use u r brain just this once you'd realise that the pictures depict a leaky roof and other problems out of sheer mismanagement and abandonment...... Pathetically, they suffer from the reasoning of your kind.
... baba this thing no reach this now... shey you get me for mind before ni or you just creating awareness for your self?
Re: Deplorable State Of University Of Calabar Medical Hostel (hall 2 Annex) by micfoley: 11:39pm On Jul 26, 2016
This is embarrassing to say the least
Re: Deplorable State Of University Of Calabar Medical Hostel (hall 2 Annex) by Nacre1: 7:16am On Jul 27, 2016
Errrrm.... Dooooooo

Please I need info on how to go about direct entry to study medicine in University of Calabar. I have Bsc Microbiology. Someone please help me ASAP with info on how to go about it. Tanx

(1) (2) (Reply)

Winning Multiple Scholarships In Nigeria: 9 Tips From My Experience / Speculators Sell OAU Ife Land For N2.8 Billion / List Of Things You Need And Don't Need In Higher Institution.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.