Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:46 AM

What's The Best Sound Card For Music Production - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / What's The Best Sound Card For Music Production (3213 Views)

Register For Music Production Program. / Learn Music Production, Musical Instruments, Voice Training Etc. / How to Get Individual Sponsorship For Music (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Best Sound Card For Music Production by lastchild: 2:19am On Jul 26, 2016
Any music producer in the house, please what's the best sound card to use for my music production
Re: What's The Best Sound Card For Music Production by Nobody: 8:13am On Jul 26, 2016
it all depends on your budget and what you need it for. are you building a home or a standard studio? building a standard studio, you might go for presonus 8 inputs about $350. but if you are not building a big studio, I'll recommend focusrite scarlett 2i2 (2 inputs) from $100 - $150. avoid m-audio. not good at all.
Re: What's The Best Sound Card For Music Production by EbenzMedia: 10:41pm On Jul 26, 2016
BADDEST PROMO EVER

Record a song for #6000 and get benefits like free online promotion on two sites,hypes on facebook and twitter with bbm and whatsapp broadcast. Promo ends soon so hurry now before its too late. Contact 07032617747 for bookings and enquiries.

You can reach us on +2347032617747 for any of the following services

¤ Music Promotion ( Caller tune, Radio/Tv promotion, Alaba mixtape/selection,interviews,Online promotion,hypes,etc

¤ Studio Configuration/Installation/System Formatting

¤ Purchase And Delivery Of Music Instruments/music studio equipments

¤ Song Writing

¤ Advert Placements

¤DJ Services

¤ Mixing and mastering

¤ Creation of beat or instrumental

¤Voice over

¤DJ Jingles

¤ Photo Shot

¤ Video editing, Video shooting/Coverage

¤ Training on music production

¤ Training on any musical instrument of your choice

¤Voice Training

¤ Graphics/Art Cover

¤ Website/Blog Creation

¤ Logo Designs

¤ Creation of artist page/business page,and all other entertainment services at very cheap and affordable prices you can't resist...We are here to render to you the best of quality service. All services are cheap and affordable. Try us and you'll be glad you did.
Re: What's The Best Sound Card For Music Production by lastchild: 12:43pm On Jul 28, 2016
veetion:
it all depends on your budget and what you need it for. are you building a home or a standard studio? building a standard studio, you might go for presonus 8 inputs about $350. but if you are not building a big studio, I'll recommend focusrite scarlett 2i2 (2 inputs) from $100 - $150. avoid m-audio. not good at all.
thanks a lot, please the difference between the 350 dollars sound card and the one of 100 is it just about the inputs numbers or the sound?
Re: What's The Best Sound Card For Music Production by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jul 28, 2016
The 2 input sound card can give you a professional sound. But remember, buying a big or small sound card is useless when you you don't have a good studio monitor (speakers). sound cards just convert analogue signals to digital signals.

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Sound Card For Music Production by ChynoBEATS: 4:12pm On Jul 28, 2016
veetion:

The "2i2" Mk2 version would be much more better cos it's 192khz n it comes along with proTools....

1 Like

Re: What's The Best Sound Card For Music Production by lastchild: 7:49am On Jul 29, 2016
veetion:
The 2 input sound card can give you a professional sound. But remember, buying a big or small sound card is useless when you you don't have a good studio monitor (speakers). sound cards just convert analogue signals to digital signals.
What am trying to know is if the two sound the same even though I use the best studio monitors
Re: What's The Best Sound Card For Music Production by Nobody: 7:59am On Jul 29, 2016
lastchild:
What am trying to know is if the two sound the same even though I use the best studio monitors
They sound almost the same. just that the bigger ones tend to have more frequency ranges which enables it to sample more sounds.
Re: What's The Best Sound Card For Music Production by lastchild: 8:04am On Jul 29, 2016
veetion:
They sound almost the same. just that the bigger ones tend to have more frequency ranges which enables it to sample more sounds.
thanks a lot, do you know where they sell it, am not comfortable buying things online
Re: What's The Best Sound Card For Music Production by ChynoBEATS: 9:26am On Jul 31, 2016
lastchild:
thanks a lot, do you know where they sell it, am not comfortable buying things online

If you're in lag.... Go 2 I.T World @ ikeja ...
Re: What's The Best Sound Card For Music Production by lastchild: 10:09am On Jul 31, 2016
ChynoBEATS:

If you're in lag.... Go 2 I.T World @ ikeja ...
thanks a lot, I met a producer who advised me to go for small mixer instead of audio interface
Re: What's The Best Sound Card For Music Production by Nobody: 10:29am On Jul 31, 2016
lastchild:
thanks a lot, I met a producer who advised me to go for small mixer instead of audio interface
Everyone has something to say. Audio interface was designed for this job. Y go for a mixer when your DAW will have one. (just my thought)
Re: What's The Best Sound Card For Music Production by ChynoBEATS: 5:37pm On Jul 31, 2016
lastchild:

Well he's partly right n wrong... It all depends on you .... As-to-what you want to achieve

There are many ways to it..... It's left for you to decide....

Like me I've got a 7 channel mini mixer n I'm looking forward to buy a bigger one and an 8in/8out audio interface so I can record multiple artiste directly 4rm my mixer to my interface n to my mixer so I can mix em separately ... But some peeps prefer using only an audio interface.. While others prefer the latter.. ... So even prefare buying a pre-amp with multi in's
Re: What's The Best Sound Card For Music Production by ChynoBEATS: 6:08pm On Jul 31, 2016
lastchild:

They don't sound the same....

Quality matters ... 192khz is the highest in 24bits...
But still 96khz is still highly n widely used.....
Re: What's The Best Sound Card For Music Production by lastchild: 5:44am On Aug 01, 2016
ChynoBEATS:

Well he's partly right n wrong... It all depends on you .... As-to-what you want to achieve

Like me I've got a 7 channel mini mixer n I'm looking forward to buy a bigger one and an 8in/8out audio interface so I can record multiple artiste directly 4rm my mixer to my interface n to my mixer so I can mix em separately ... But some peeps prefer using only an audio interface.. While others prefer the latter.. ... So even prefare buying a pre-amp with multi in's
but which one will you advice within the two?
Re: What's The Best Sound Card For Music Production by ChynoBEATS: 7:14am On Aug 01, 2016
lastchild:
but which one will you advice within the two?

If you want a quick recording just buy an audio interface ..... But make sure it's not a 48khz interface , ....
Re: What's The Best Sound Card For Music Production by EbenzMedia: 12:23pm On Aug 01, 2016
AUGUST BADDEST PROMO

Record a song for #6000 and get free online promotion,hypes on facebook and twitter with bbm and whatsapp broadcast. You can also get your already produced song promoted on our site for #1000 with hypes on facebook and twitter and bbm with whatsapp broadcast. Promo ends by August 31st,2016 so hurry now before its too late. Call 07032617747 for bookings and enquiries.

You can also call us on +2347032617747 for any of the following services;

¤ Music Promotion ( Caller tune, Radio/Tv promotion, Alaba mixtape/selection,interviews,Online promotion,hypes,etc

¤ Studio Configuration/Installation/System Formatting

¤ Purchase And Delivery Of Music Instruments/music studio equipments

¤ Song Writing

¤ Advert Placements

¤DJ Services

¤ Mixing and mastering

¤ Creation of beat or instrumental

¤Voice over

¤DJ Jingles

¤ Photo Shot

¤ Video editing, Video shooting/Coverage

¤ Training on music production

¤ Training on any musical instrument of your choice

¤Voice Training

¤ Graphics/Art Cover

¤ Website/Blog Creation

¤ Logo Designs

¤ Creation of artist page/business page,and all other entertainment services at very cheap and affordable prices you can't resist...We are here to render to you the best of quality service. All services are cheap and affordable. Try us and you'll be glad you did.
Re: What's The Best Sound Card For Music Production by lastchild: 10:30pm On Aug 01, 2016
ChynoBEATS:

Please can a software mixer (the one in your daw) achieve the same quality mixing as the hardware mixer?
Re: What's The Best Sound Card For Music Production by ChynoBEATS: 7:20am On Aug 02, 2016
lastchild:
Please can a software mixer (the one in your daw) achieve the same quality mixing as the hardware mixer?

Your daw mixer is your main mixer so U can't mix without the one in ur daw...

U use both... To work... In order to achieve such
That's if you use the new set of analogue mixer like the Yamaha n8 n16
Re: What's The Best Sound Card For Music Production by finest3plex: 2:19pm On Aug 02, 2016
Hey pals,it's finestgraphics,plz contact me on 08135880354 for your music cover photo at a very affordable price...tnx
Re: What's The Best Sound Card For Music Production by Omudia11: 6:39am On Aug 07, 2016
lastchild reply me. I want to know if you're still having those spiritual issues.
Re: What's The Best Sound Card For Music Production by lastchild: 4:13am On Aug 10, 2016
Omudia11:
lastchild reply me. I want to know if you're still having those spiritual issues.
Yes
Re: What's The Best Sound Card For Music Production by lastchild: 1:20pm On Sep 19, 2016
ChynoBEATS:

Your daw mixer is your main mixer so U can't mix without the one in ur daw...

U use both... To work... In order to achieve such
That's if you use the new set of analogue mixer like the Yamaha n8 n16

I went to pay for a rent 2day for the music studio, a friend was advising me 2 relocate to Lagos if I want to go that far that I desire as a music producer

Pls what's this thing about this Lagos, can you elaborate a bit about music production in Lagos, what's the ups and downs,

My budget is one million naira, I'll pay house rent from the money and pay another rent for the studio from the same money b4 talking about buying equipments

What do you think about this, does it worth making such journey or is it a journey of self destruction because I know Lagos is tough
Re: What's The Best Sound Card For Music Production by ChynoBEATS: 2:29pm On Sep 19, 2016
lastchild:
I went to pay for a rent 2day for the music studio, a friend was advising me 2 relocate to Lagos if I want to go that far that I desire as a music producer

Bro your friend aint lying .... All u need is a good plan ,a standard studio , the ability to handle a standard job flawlessly and lastly some good set of peeps around you to help you out when you're in need........

lastchild:

My budget is one million naira, I'll pay house rent from the money and pay another rent for the studio from the same money b4 talking about buying equipments

1m for everytin..... Calm down.....
Don't waste ur resources...

I'd advise you get a 2bedroom flat n turn a room 2ur studio ...rather than paying
2 huge bills ....

(2) the stress would be reduced n it'll cut the cost of transport
And also the cost of providing Power (running ur Gen)

(3)with it u'll be able to board artistes from outside (those who stay far n those who don't stay in lag)

(4) U'd be able to run overNight sessions with ease...

(5)u'd be able to save n pay up for the apartment without much hussle...

lastchild:

What do you think about this, does it worth making such journey or is it a journey of self destruction because I know Lagos is tough

Yes lagos is tough but still its worth trying .... I knw n understand your fears.... To relocate aint easy ...lol
U'd need connections tho ... N for a producer that aint a big probs as far as ure OutGoing "awareness is the key"... I hope u're quite good in production... ?

As per the market ......
The market in lagos is bigger than that of any other state
N its easy to run gidi as far as u've got plans ..... N again .. The standard of ur studio matters ... Its helps a lot because it easily attracts clients ...

But still whatsapp me... N we'll talk more ...... N dude ...be calm .....just Free ur mind... As far as there's a Good plan .. You're good to go .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Best Sound Card For Music Production by lastchild: 2:53pm On Sep 19, 2016
ChynoBEATS:

Bro your friend aint lying .... All u need is a good plan ,a standard studio , the ability to handle a standard job flawlessly and lastly some good set of peeps around you to help you out when you're in need........

1m for everytin..... Calm down.....
Don't waste ur resources...

I'd advise you get a 2bedroom flat n turn a room 2ur studio ...rather than paying
2 huge bills ....

(2) the stress would be reduced n it'll cut the cost of transport
And also the cost of providing Power (running ur Gen)

(3)with it u'll be able to board artistes from outside (those who stay far n those who don't stay in lag)

(4) U'd be able to run overNight sessions with ease...

(5)u'd be able to save n pay up for the apartment without much hussle...

Yes lagos is tough but still its worth trying .... I knw n understand your fears.... To relocate aint easy ...lol
U'd need connections tho ... N for a producer that aint a big probs as far as ure OutGoing "awareness is the key"... I hope u're quite good in production... ?

As per the market ......
The market in lagos is bigger than that of any other state
N its easy to run gidi as far as u've got plans ..... N again .. The standard of ur studio matters ... Its helps a lot because it easily attracts clients ...

But still whatsapp me... N we'll talk more ...... N dude ...be calm .....just Free ur mind... As far as there's a Good plan .. You're good to go .
thanks a lot, what's your whatsapp contact?
Re: What's The Best Sound Card For Music Production by ChynoBEATS: 3:03pm On Sep 19, 2016
lastchild:
thanks a lot, what's your whatsapp contact?

+2348094767322

(1) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD ALBUM: 9ice – Tip Of The Iceberg Episode 1 (ZIP FILE & MP3) / Psquare's Performance At Glo CAF Awards / Music: Yemi Alade – Duro Timi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.