Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

My Mum Thinks My Fiancee Is Not Right For Me Cos She's Not Igbo. Your Advice Pls - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mum Thinks My Fiancee Is Not Right For Me Cos She's Not Igbo. Your Advice Pls (957 Views)

Help! My Fiancee Is Always Picking Fights For Me... / I Am Scared, My Fiancee And Her Mum Treats Her Father Like A Houseboy / His Mother Said His Fiancee Is Not Beautiful And Classy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mum Thinks My Fiancee Is Not Right For Me Cos She's Not Igbo. Your Advice Pls by MICHROZZAY: 9:43am On Jul 26, 2016
I really can't allow mother make that decision for me at this age, but i mean i still need to hear her out. No matter what it is should i allow my mother dictate whom am to marry?
Re: My Mum Thinks My Fiancee Is Not Right For Me Cos She's Not Igbo. Your Advice Pls by christaddicted: 9:44am On Jul 26, 2016
Wait for the elders.. And I'll learn as well.
Re: My Mum Thinks My Fiancee Is Not Right For Me Cos She's Not Igbo. Your Advice Pls by AxeurdaddyIX: 9:45am On Jul 26, 2016
Talk to your mum, try to make her understand, your happiness is more important than tribal differences
Re: My Mum Thinks My Fiancee Is Not Right For Me Cos She's Not Igbo. Your Advice Pls by madridguy(m): 9:47am On Jul 26, 2016
Listen to your mother @ OP. Look for Igbo lady to make her happy.
Re: My Mum Thinks My Fiancee Is Not Right For Me Cos She's Not Igbo. Your Advice Pls by Nobody: 9:53am On Jul 26, 2016
Your happiness first.
It's vain to make a tribalist reason.
In the simplest terms, let her know this is your life.
Re: My Mum Thinks My Fiancee Is Not Right For Me Cos She's Not Igbo. Your Advice Pls by flyca: 9:56am On Jul 26, 2016
Hmmm, I just read your previoys thread. And from what I see, this union is already giving red signs.
Re: My Mum Thinks My Fiancee Is Not Right For Me Cos She's Not Igbo. Your Advice Pls by ULSHERLAN(m): 9:57am On Jul 26, 2016
Your happiness over anything.

If you love her convince your mom about it and insist on your decision.

Only if you very sure your fiancee is a good lady without questionable character
Re: My Mum Thinks My Fiancee Is Not Right For Me Cos She's Not Igbo. Your Advice Pls by playboy99(m): 9:58am On Jul 26, 2016
your parent aint gonna live in the same house with you so why should they decide for you.but also it better you listen to them because if you marry someone from another tribe you just want to punish the person.the cultures and tradition are different and it would one way affect the marriage later in the future.
Re: My Mum Thinks My Fiancee Is Not Right For Me Cos She's Not Igbo. Your Advice Pls by daclint(m): 10:01am On Jul 26, 2016
Elders una food don land
Re: My Mum Thinks My Fiancee Is Not Right For Me Cos She's Not Igbo. Your Advice Pls by lenposh(f): 10:11am On Jul 26, 2016
It's not good because your happiness should be her happiness.
Re: My Mum Thinks My Fiancee Is Not Right For Me Cos She's Not Igbo. Your Advice Pls by Iamvictor(m): 10:20am On Jul 26, 2016
Nonsense! we have just two types of people in this country, the Good and the Bad: these people are not determined by tribe...

3 Likes

Re: My Mum Thinks My Fiancee Is Not Right For Me Cos She's Not Igbo. Your Advice Pls by Greg20166: 12:11pm On Jul 26, 2016
@op marry ur tribe its a warning coded warning from ur mum.u won't understand its like my bro own oo*

Yoruba girls are widely known 2 be promiscus*leave them for their men who can't stay stay with one woman also.I have read ur previous posts n I c dangers in ur relationship n u are still blind n asking questions again.

Abeg receive sense.time will not permit me to drop my bro story he is late

1 Like

Re: My Mum Thinks My Fiancee Is Not Right For Me Cos She's Not Igbo. Your Advice Pls by Greg20166: 12:11pm On Jul 26, 2016
@op marry ur tribe its a warning coded warning from ur mum.u won't understand its like my bro own oo*

Yoruba girls are widely known 2 be promiscus*leave them for their men who can't stay stay with one woman also.I have read ur previous posts n I c dangers in ur relationship n u are still blind n asking questions again.

Abeg receive sense.time will not permit me to drop my bro story
Re: My Mum Thinks My Fiancee Is Not Right For Me Cos She's Not Igbo. Your Advice Pls by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jul 26, 2016
Get her pregnant. Your mama go gree by force!
Re: My Mum Thinks My Fiancee Is Not Right For Me Cos She's Not Igbo. Your Advice Pls by Prettiepearlz(f): 10:44pm On Jul 26, 2016
Greg20166:

Yoruba girls are widely known 2 be promiscus*leave them for their men who can't stay stay with one woman also. I have read ur previous posts n I c dangers in ur relationship n u are still blind n asking questions again.

You know the problem we have in this world is generalisation, just imagine for your mind now, you don talk, you think you have made sense right? Because your brother was probably unfortunate to marry a promiscuous lady now means all Yorubas are widely promiscuous, right? So you want to tell me we don't have ladies from other tribe that cheats right? The earlier you realize hatred and tribalism won't take you anywhere, the better. Being a CHEAT has nothing to do with a tribe, it's about you and your personality, don't tribalise it, stop generalizingz those few promiscuous ladies can't account for the whole tribe, in fact it's an insult to the other ladies from the tribe who don't cheat and aren't promiscuous. So stop showing ignorance by starting a tribal war. It isn't good for your soul at all. If you want to comment, do so and don't bring down a whole tribe because of your hatred. Shalom
Re: My Mum Thinks My Fiancee Is Not Right For Me Cos She's Not Igbo. Your Advice Pls by Prettiepearlz(f): 10:48pm On Jul 26, 2016
Greg20166:

Yoruba girls are widely known 2 be promiscus*leave them for their men who can't stay stay with one woman also. I have read ur previous posts n I c dangers in ur relationship n u are still blind n asking questions again.

You know,the problem we have in this world is generalisation, nepotism and tribalism. Just imagine, for your mind now, you don talk, you think you have made sense right? Because your brother was probably unfortunate to marry a promiscuous lady now means all Yorubas are widely promiscuous, right? So you want to tell me we don't have ladies from other tribe that cheats right? The earlier you realize hatred and tribalism won't take you anywhere, the better. Being a CHEAT has nothing to do with a tribe, it's about you and your personality, don't tribalise it, stop generalizing, those few promiscuous ladies can't account for the whole tribe, in fact it's an insult to the other ladies from the tribe who don't cheat and aren't promiscuous. So stop showing ignorance by starting a tribal war. It isn't good for your soul at all. If you want to comment, do so and don't bring down a whole tribe because of your hatred. Shalom
Re: My Mum Thinks My Fiancee Is Not Right For Me Cos She's Not Igbo. Your Advice Pls by EfemenaXY: 10:51pm On Jul 26, 2016
MICHROZZAY:
I really can't allow mother make that decision for me at this age, but i mean i still need to hear her out. No matter what it is should i allow my mother dictate whom am to marry?

The fact that a supposedly grown arsèd man asks this childish question is a clear indication that you're no where ready to tie the knot, let alone shoulder the responsibility that comes with marriage.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Colourful Kiddy Carpets. Free Installation Nationwide. / Little Baby Traumatized After Removing His Mom's Wig (see Reactions) / 3 Things You Should Never Do When You Find Out Your Man Is Cheating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.