Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

What Options Does A Computer Engineering Graduate Have? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Options Does A Computer Engineering Graduate Have? (825 Views)

How Much Does A Veterinary Doctor Earns In Nigeria / Chemical Engineering Graduate Sells Smoked Catfish - Pictures / Difference Between Computer Science And Computer Engineering Course? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Options Does A Computer Engineering Graduate Have? by ITgenuis: 1:34pm On Jul 26, 2016
Hi, everyone. I am a recent graduate of Electronic and Computer Engineering ("majored" in Computer engineering) and I need the opinions and ideas of Computer Engineers already on the field.
I need to know what exactly Computer engineering encompasses, the different branches of Computer Engineering, the different career paths, etc.
Thanks in anticipation.

BTW, Nobody should tell me about repairing computers angry I think our course goes way deeper than changing the RAM of a system or blowing the fan.
Re: What Options Does A Computer Engineering Graduate Have? by adelowor(f): 1:37pm On Jul 26, 2016
Yes of course
Re: What Options Does A Computer Engineering Graduate Have? by arabiana(m): 1:38pm On Jul 26, 2016
ITgenuis:
Hi, everyone. I am a recent graduate of Electronic and Computer Engineering ("majored" in Computer engineering) and I need the opinions and ideas of Computer Engineers already on the field.
I need to know what exactly Computer engineering encompasses, the different branches of Computer Engineering, the different career paths, etc.
Thanks in anticipation.
BTW, Nobody should tell me about repairing computers angry I think our course goes way deeper than changing the RAM of a system or blowing the fan.

So after securing admission, and spending 4 years in school u dunno the job opportunities of ur course and u call urself a graduate. Smh
Re: What Options Does A Computer Engineering Graduate Have? by xreal2(m): 2:09pm On Jul 26, 2016
arabiana:

So after securing admission, and spending 4 years in school u dunno the job opportunities of ur course and u call urself a graduate. Smh

and his username says ITGenius. @op, navigate your way to the nearest aptech office and find a career that suits ur skills.
This is a question you should have asked at 200 level.
I wonder why courses relating to computers are even offered in Nigerian universities.
Re: What Options Does A Computer Engineering Graduate Have? by Qpetz: 6:49am On Jul 27, 2016
Deep.
Re: What Options Does A Computer Engineering Graduate Have? by mufuteeeee(m): 6:21pm On Jul 27, 2016
xreal2:

and his username says ITGenius. @op, navigate your way to the nearest aptech office and find a career that suits ur skills.
This is a question you should have asked at 200 level.
I wonder why courses relating to computers are even offered in Nigerian universities.

I don't get you. can you explain more? I'm referring to " I wonder why courses relating to computers are even offered in Nigerian universities"
Re: What Options Does A Computer Engineering Graduate Have? by xreal2(m): 8:27am On Jul 28, 2016
mufuteeeee:

I don't get you. can you explain more? I'm referring to " I wonder why courses relating to computers are even offered in Nigerian universities"

I am a graduate of history, i put in application for the job of an IT officer along side lots of computer science/engineering graduates. Guess who got the job?
what's the point of going through a four year system if at the end you still come out needing to training?
Re: What Options Does A Computer Engineering Graduate Have? by ITgenuis: 12:14pm On Jul 28, 2016
xreal2:

I am a graduate of history, i put in application for the job of an IT officer along side lots of computer science/engineering graduates. Guess who got the job?
what's the point of going through a four year system if at the end you still come out needing to training?

What is your job description as an IT officer?
Re: What Options Does A Computer Engineering Graduate Have? by xreal2(m): 12:52pm On Jul 28, 2016
ITgenuis:

What is your job description as an IT officer?
I do LAN deployment and management, database administration, layer 1 to 7 troubleshooting, system maintenance, system administration,
systems support. mobile device administration, web page management, Enterprise email and social media management.

(1) (Reply)

Advantages Of Flexible Work Hours / Rivers State's FRSC Commander Cuts Hair Of Female Staff With Scissors (photos) / What Does It Mean To Be A Contract Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.