Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,681 members, 7,816,786 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Raindrops On My Window Pane - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Raindrops On My Window Pane (391 Views)

Raindrops / {poetry Again At Its Best} RAINDROPS / Raindrops On My Window Pane (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Raindrops On My Window Pane by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jul 26, 2016
“Let me in…”
It was the darkest hour of the night, a time so steeped in darkness I couldn’t even see my pointed, crooked nose, when I woke up with a start. It was not the rain outside that woke me up, no. It was not the rustle of leaves against my window pane. It was something different, a sound between a slither and a rasp. There was something out there, in the storm not made of water or wind.

Somewhere in the kitchen, a low moaning started, shattering the almost silence. I thought it might be the neighborhood kids, trying to play a prank on me again. I chuckled to myself, fully prepared to teach a lesson. Quick as a snake, I slipped my hand beneath my pile of pillows and pulled out the sturdy wooden baseball bat hidden there.

It’s old and battered, the poor thing. But it has served me a lot in the past, good at hitting the baseball or the nose of someone begging for a lesson, and that night I foolishly assumed it would serve me again. Filled suddenly with nostalgia, I gave it a quick caress and prepared to introduce someone to a bright new world of pain...

Read the rest at www.laolusblog.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Thoughts Of Three Different People=>write Up By Dindy / Lagos Book And Arts Festival 2016 Opnes By November / CAINE PRIZE 2017 Announces Judging Panel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.