Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,378 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:29 AM

Update On My Stolen Phone. Thank You Nairaland. I Found Who I Was Looking For - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Update On My Stolen Phone. Thank You Nairaland. I Found Who I Was Looking For (2633 Views)

How Can I Track My Stolen Tecno Mobile Using IMEI? / Airtel Gains, MTN Loses As NCC Releases Update On Internet Usage In Nigeria / This Is What I Found Inside Original BB Charger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Update On My Stolen Phone. Thank You Nairaland. I Found Who I Was Looking For by Dandsome: 3:44pm On Jul 26, 2016
Before anything, I`ll like express my gratitude to the forum. Last week I wrote a thread about how my phone was stolen and what lessons we could learn from it. See here…. https://www.nairaland.com/3240934/how-lost-phone-lessons-learnt

Well, I usually read how people come online to share their experiences. That was what prompted me to speak out my mind. Not because of anything in particular, but to express my feelings as I felt at that moment.

Apart from the pain of losing my Tecno W4 I just bought, I also lost the contact of the woman I was supposed to deliver the goods to especially after she has paid. A lot of thoughts were running through my mind. I was wondering how I would get her number back,or how was she thinking of me? I hope she hasn`t classified me under those people who cheated others especially now that money is scarce? What if she writes a negative comment on my facebook page here https://www.facebook.com/RiettFood/ about my business?
How was I going to explain to the whole world that I am a genuine person? These and many more kept my mind busy. I was beginning to feel bad.
Though before now, I already sent the goods to Keffi hoping that she would call

Well, thanks to the mods (lalasticlala, puskin, dragnet, honsule and others) who brought it to frontpage. You guys wouldn`t believe it. She read the story and called. shocked shocked

I was so excited. I explained everything to her and also apologized for the inconvenience caused. She told me that she had already assumed the worst until she read the post here on Nairaland. I later told my contact to help me personally deliver it to her in person wherever she stays in Abuja which was done yesterday. smiley

Thanks Guys I am grateful for helping me locate my customer. You know there`s a saying that a satisfied customer is better than 1 million naira spent on adverts (Abi how dem dey talk am again?). Though sadly, I wasn`t able to get the phone. sad I got to learn a thing or two from those who contributed. I also read online and realized where I faulted which made it even more difficult to locate the phone and I hope you don`t repeat such.

1. The phone I used was an android phone, and from the best of my knowledge, the “location” is always on by default. Guess what?? About three days to when I lost my phone, I switched it off thinking it was draining my battery power. How wrong I was. It never drains any battery power. I don`t know if its so with other phone brands.

2. I never backed up my contacts. Most times we see these things but take the for granted. If I had backed up my contacts, I wouldn`t have had to weep before getting any number.

3. Don`t trust anyone you see around you in public. Someone who would want to “pick” your phone won`t come with a banner on his forehead indicating he is a thief.

4. Pay attention to your environment. Most times these guys monitor those who they feel is slightly carried away or distracted. I was carried away/ distracted with the load I was carrying that`s why mine was stolen without me knowing.

5. Someone suggested but I don`t know how true it is, but he said if at all your phone is going to be in your pocket, make sure there are other things in the pocket so that your pocket will be full and the phone will be tight in your pocket. That way then your phone is being pulled out, you will feel it.

Well, I`m left with no other option than to start working hard to get another affordable phone.

Cheers wink wink wink

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update On My Stolen Phone. Thank You Nairaland. I Found Who I Was Looking For by jhydebaba(m): 3:45pm On Jul 26, 2016
Nice one
Re: Update On My Stolen Phone. Thank You Nairaland. I Found Who I Was Looking For by jhydebaba(m): 3:50pm On Jul 26, 2016
U've done well in advertising ur self and product.

2 Likes

Re: Update On My Stolen Phone. Thank You Nairaland. I Found Who I Was Looking For by oskaroni(m): 3:54pm On Jul 26, 2016
Ok,,,,, d guy above me,...... Hmmmnnnnn

2 Likes

Re: Update On My Stolen Phone. Thank You Nairaland. I Found Who I Was Looking For by Dandsome: 4:01pm On Jul 26, 2016
jhydebaba:

Hmmmmm. One thing I know for certain is that you can never please people no matter how hard you try. When I created the first thread, while some people were giving me info on how to go about it, others accused me of marketing phone.

Now in order to avoid that I decided to let you know the job I do. Now, you have come again to tell me how I`m marketing myself. Well, Oga I`m proud of who I am, I`m proud of what I do. If you feel I`m marketing myself, well I`m not ashamed of what I do. Its my business that puts food on my table and also helps in assisting others. Instead of coming here to say things that are uncalled for, why not help me in thanking those who assisted in giving me info?? Is that too much to ask?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update On My Stolen Phone. Thank You Nairaland. I Found Who I Was Looking For by saxby(f): 4:12pm On Jul 26, 2016
Op sorry for your loss and thank God yu were able 2 locate her. Wif the rate at which scam is on the increase I wonder what will be on the woman`s mind.

You can ask Omenka if he can help you with his phone. But if him no gree, no worry Tecno de give free phones to people. Here is a link to the thread https://www.nairaland.com/3248432/tecno-giving-out-free-phones

Thank me later. And that product you sell, does it make one fresh?

2 Likes

Re: Update On My Stolen Phone. Thank You Nairaland. I Found Who I Was Looking For by sorextee(m): 5:08pm On Jul 26, 2016
How e take concern u? undecided
At least, he's doing something.

jhydebaba:

2 Likes

Re: Update On My Stolen Phone. Thank You Nairaland. I Found Who I Was Looking For by sorextee(m): 5:13pm On Jul 26, 2016
Eyahh, thank God say u locate ur customer. You've confirmed ur honesty. Thank God she's on Nl.

1 Like

Re: Update On My Stolen Phone. Thank You Nairaland. I Found Who I Was Looking For by HARDBOI: 5:20pm On Jul 26, 2016
Re: Update On My Stolen Phone. Thank You Nairaland. I Found Who I Was Looking For by blessedvisky(m): 6:03pm On Jul 26, 2016
Wow so something good can come out of Nairaland. I'm really touched. God bless Nairaland
Re: Update On My Stolen Phone. Thank You Nairaland. I Found Who I Was Looking For by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 26, 2016
Op since u are using an android phone, next time use Google to store ur contacts. Just sign in ur Google Id, sync ur contact and whenever a number is saved it is automatically synced with google. So when u lose ur phone, all u have to do is log in ur Google acct to any internet enabled device, (laptop, phone, tablet, etc) and ur contacts will be right there.

I have never lost a contact or calender entry since I stated using android since 2010. Whenever I change a device my contacts are ways synced to the new device.

2 Likes

Re: Update On My Stolen Phone. Thank You Nairaland. I Found Who I Was Looking For by harmbhrosz(m): 6:27pm On Jul 26, 2016
Another front page material.

Make I sidon here
Re: Update On My Stolen Phone. Thank You Nairaland. I Found Who I Was Looking For by Greenbuoy(m): 6:53pm On Jul 26, 2016
You are such a professional, Mr op.
Re: Update On My Stolen Phone. Thank You Nairaland. I Found Who I Was Looking For by Opistorincos(m): 7:11pm On Jul 26, 2016
@op the topic of this thread is misleading, I thought you found the guy who picked your pocket, anyway, I am happy for you
Re: Update On My Stolen Phone. Thank You Nairaland. I Found Who I Was Looking For by emeijeh(m): 7:15pm On Jul 26, 2016
Advert! wink

Op don't worry, your future marketing manager is also reading this post.
Re: Update On My Stolen Phone. Thank You Nairaland. I Found Who I Was Looking For by Ellidude(m): 7:44pm On Jul 26, 2016
greenhulk:
Op since u are using an android phone, next time use Google to store ur contacts. Just sign in ur Google Id, sync ur contact and whenever a number is saved it is automatically synced with google. So when u lose ur phone, all u have to do is log in ur Google acct to any internet enabled device, (laptop, phone, tablet, etc) and ur contacts will be right there.

I have never lost a contact or calender entry since I stated using android since 2010. Whenever I change a device my contacts are ways synced to the new device.
This is exactly what I do.
Re: Update On My Stolen Phone. Thank You Nairaland. I Found Who I Was Looking For by johnstar(m): 8:41pm On Jul 26, 2016
undecided
Re: Update On My Stolen Phone. Thank You Nairaland. I Found Who I Was Looking For by JustOutstanding: 2:11am On Jul 28, 2016
Its a good thing you didn't loose on both sides. you lost your phone but not your customer, and we all know what a satisfied customer can do to our business.
Re: Update On My Stolen Phone. Thank You Nairaland. I Found Who I Was Looking For by YoungOldGee: 2:46am On Jul 28, 2016
[quote author=JustOutstanding post=47952494]Its a good thing you didn't loose on both sides. you lost your phone but not your customer, and we all know what a satisfied customer can do to our business.[/quote

Yeah, like the IP has said... One satisfied customer is better than millions spent on advert. We are happy for you.
Re: Update On My Stolen Phone. Thank You Nairaland. I Found Who I Was Looking For by tymajek: 2:45pm On Jul 28, 2016
hmmmm....abi.

JustOutstanding:
Its a good thing you didn't loose on both sides. you lost your phone but not your customer, and we all know what a satisfied customer can do to our business.
Re: Update On My Stolen Phone. Thank You Nairaland. I Found Who I Was Looking For by tymajek: 2:46pm On Jul 28, 2016
Try that OP....you might just be lucky!

saxby:
Op sorry for your loss and thank God yu were able 2 locate her. Wif the rate at which scam is on the increase I wonder what will be on the woman`s mind.

You can ask Omenka if he can help you with his phone. But if him no gree, no worry Tecno de give free phones to people. Here is a link to the thread https://www.nairaland.com/3248432/tecno-giving-out-free-phones

Thank me later. And that product you sell, does it make one fresh?
Re: Update On My Stolen Phone. Thank You Nairaland. I Found Who I Was Looking For by kendrick2: 9:43am On Jul 30, 2016
that's really good for u mehn....glad u were able to deliver to your customer

(1) (Reply)

Gsm Arena's Review Of Phantom X Camera / I Need A Powerbank That I Can Use To Power My Standing Fan / Samsung Galaxy S4 Will Be Released With New Eye Tracking Technology.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.