Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,500 members, 7,954,916 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:28 PM

Check Out How His Former Boss Paid Him Back Even After Stealing His Money - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Check Out How His Former Boss Paid Him Back Even After Stealing His Money (1154 Views)

what advice would you give my uncle? he is about resigning from his workplace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Check Out How His Former Boss Paid Him Back Even After Stealing His Money by onismate: 8:03am On Jul 27, 2016
This is an experience of a friend who narrated this story while i wrote.... Read...

Life is so easy if humans can live easily. And thank God man was not God because if not, there would have been disaster in the world because we can’t just tolerate each other.
2011 during the course of my industrial training (I.T). I was doing it in a computer and web design firm. It wasn’t a big firm though. It was just 3 employees and me. My boss was and still a nice person. He pays us on time and I dedicated my best to the job as if I was full time. Sometimes I even sleep over at the office. At a time, it looked as if I was the backbone of the business because I coordinate virtually what is going on since my boss really don’t know much of the job. He just opened the business because he heard it was profitable. With all I was doing, I still receive N10,000 as my monthly pay. I never complained of that and there was more profit entering and my boss was very happy.
Later, the challenges I started facing was my boss’s wife. Sometimes when my boss is not around, she would come and demand for the money we made for the day. Sometimes it was becoming annoying because when my boss must have travelled, she will come to collect the money we made for the whole week. Sometimes I will call my boss and he will tell me to just give her the money. But I was suspecting things were not going well for the family. She was arrogant, saucy and hot tempered. She had slapped me couple of times. When she’s around at the office, there must be one form of argument and insult. She even insults my boss. When she’s around, the temperature of the environment goes up because, person no go hear word. She would argue, shout over unnecessary things.
As time went on, my boss began finding it difficult to pay us salaries. I went one month, two months without salaries. And money, profits were coming out of the business. Sometimes I was even staying overnight, working in the office. I had to bear it because it’s just I.T and I will soon leave. But deep down, the work was draining me physically and mentally. Yet my Boss’s wife comes almost every day to be collecting what we made on a daily basis. Boss was giving excuses why he couldn’t pay.
After the third month with no salary, the fourth month which was when I should be on my way out of the place and back to school, I was devastated. I asked my boss if he was not going to pay me, he said he doesn’t know yet and I should keep on working. Two days to my leaving the office, my boss called and said he won’t be giving me anything that there is no money.
I felt humiliated, and scammed because some personal web development work I was giving personally, I made them office works which I did on behalf of the business, yet nothing for me. Well I continued my work in good fate.
My final day in the office, I did all the uncompleted jobs and went way, moving on. I received a call from a man that I did a job for. He gave me a part payment of N85,000 and it was remaining N15,000. He called me to come collect the balance. I went the next day and collected it. I called my former boss to tell him. He said I should bring the money for him. The man sef no wan give me anything. After the call, I got angry and refused taking the money to him. I called and pleaded with him to take the money since I was in need of cash. But Oga no gree. But I did what was on my mind. I took the money, changed my line and returned to school. And that was the last time I heard from him.
Fast forward to this year, after I have graduated and served and still job hunting. I got an offer from a multinational company which I applied for. And I used the small company I did my I.T and the boss as my reference. I was so happy that after everything I got the job. Not until after one month I started work and I was talking with one of the HR department member in the office. He began explaining to me how I got the job. She said in terms of degrees and qualifications, other candidates that did the final interview with me are well qualified than me but the only problem was references. The office contacted the people, office they referenced almost all of them had problem with their reference. It’s either the companies and the phone numbers doesn’t exist or the their former company doesn’t have any convincing remark about them but only me. I was so shocked when she said that. That means they contacted my former boss I stole his money. I just felt and believed that the references I added was just for a record purpose. I never knew they would contact them. I tried asking her the remark that my former boss I stole his money gave about me. She laughed and said he gave a good remark about me. That I am hardworking and purpose driving and some other things. She turned to me and was like “where you expecting a bad remark?” na so I say “No.” Throughout the day, I was imagining what other things my former boss must have said about me. I felt a little weak that I never contacted him since all the while. I thought his number won’t even be going through because even when threw the sim away, I have their contacts on my diary. I thought just adding the reference will just be for formality sake.
Two weeks later, I had to call my former boss I stole his money. Infact we talked so well on phone that he invited me to his house. I bought wine and visited him. I knelt down and apologized for what I did. Though he said I was not to be blamed because I had been so hardworking. And he should have giving me something when I was leaving but because of some family issues. He said he was surprised when my company called that they wanted to get some information about me from him. He said he meant everything he told them. That I was good, hardworking, and some other things he told them about me. He also told me that he lost that his wife in 2015.
Who knew that the references in CV is not just for formality sake. Employees use them so pay close attention to references. Know who you are adding as your reference.

http://www.hovabuzz.com/frontline/1179-even-after-stealing-his-former-boss-s-money-he-still-recommended-for-my-new-lucrative-job

4 Likes

Re: Check Out How His Former Boss Paid Him Back Even After Stealing His Money by gidimasters(m): 8:29am On Jul 27, 2016
Woo
Re: Check Out How His Former Boss Paid Him Back Even After Stealing His Money by damilare96(m): 8:32am On Jul 27, 2016
This is loveky
Re: Check Out How His Former Boss Paid Him Back Even After Stealing His Money by Benjom(m): 8:42am On Jul 27, 2016
Your 'diligence' was what helped you coupled with fact that your boss liked you.
Re: Check Out How His Former Boss Paid Him Back Even After Stealing His Money by ajasa4link: 10:00am On Jul 27, 2016
@op na those slap wey the wife give you pay off so o........The spirit tells me that if you can garner more slaps from your new boss, you will become a senior manager real quick grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Check Out How His Former Boss Paid Him Back Even After Stealing His Money by BlackSeptember: 11:03am On Jul 27, 2016
Another Lie from your stable again undecided

When will you ever get a job or finish NYSC

2 Likes

Re: Check Out How His Former Boss Paid Him Back Even After Stealing His Money by BlackSeptember: 11:05am On Jul 27, 2016
ajasa4link:
@op na those slap wey the wife give you pay off so o........The spirit tells me that if you can garner more slaps from your new boss, you will become a senior manager real quick grin grin
The op can lie for Africa. Check his other threads and you we know he sleeps off even inside a pool of water
Re: Check Out How His Former Boss Paid Him Back Even After Stealing His Money by undercurrent(m): 12:13pm On Jul 27, 2016
Wow! Another blockbuster from Wale Adenuga Productions.
Re: Check Out How His Former Boss Paid Him Back Even After Stealing His Money by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jul 27, 2016
BlackSeptember:
Another Lie from your stable again undecided

When will you ever get a job or finish NYSC
i was just about to ask same question. But the guy is good sha
Re: Check Out How His Former Boss Paid Him Back Even After Stealing His Money by saxwizard(m): 12:42pm On Jul 27, 2016
interesting. ..
Re: Check Out How His Former Boss Paid Him Back Even After Stealing His Money by hakunajay(m): 6:11am On Jul 29, 2016
Lol... Whether the story is true or false, it's nice though it reeks of fiction... Kudos all the same.
Re: Check Out How His Former Boss Paid Him Back Even After Stealing His Money by KillerBeauty(f): 7:41am On Jul 29, 2016
Op thank God for ur life

(1) (Reply)

EFCC Recruitment Shortlisted Candidates (updated) / Massive Current Recruitment At IHS Towers / Pls I Got This Job Assessment Invite Text Today, How Tru Is It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.