Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,987 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

what advice would you give my uncle? he is about resigning from his workplace - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / what advice would you give my uncle? he is about resigning from his workplace (882 Views)

Cleaner's Son Gets Employed At Her Workplace (Photo) / We Are Giving Away 10k To Posters On Our Workplace Review Site / Invitation For Assessment Workplace Centre Ren Money Microfinance Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

what advice would you give my uncle? he is about resigning from his workplace by YOLO1(m): 9:56pm On Aug 13, 2016
My Uncle is presently in dilemma as to what to do at his work place. He got a work as a casual staff in a company where they sell building materials a month ago where he is being paid very well because the owner of the company is a friend to my other Uncle (the Senior brother of this casual worker).
The owner has been very good to him both in cash and in kind by giving him several tips and bonuses and my uncle enjoys working with him. But the problem now is that other staffs in the company always connive in stealing building materials from the company and sell it to other people at cheaper price.
They always give my uncle his share which he rejected at first but he was threatened and he has been collecting it. He has been thinking of going to report to the owner but the fear that he may be harmed by the workers is what he is considering. If the Owner of the company should hear, he has no option than to sacked all those workers (up to 20 people) because the amount of goods these staffs steal per day is alarming and you know these people may consider harming him.
My uncle is a born again christian (A deeper Life Member). He has stopped going to the work since yesterday cos he is having guilty conscience of the sharp practices at his place of work. He is scared of exposing them cos those people are desperate and dangerous and he doesn't want to offend his boss (the owner of the company and above all God.
Please House, what would you advice him to do in this situation because they pay him well in the company and it may be hard for him to get another one. Should he continue with the job which is not advisable, should he report his colleagues to the owner or should he quit the job as he has already done?
P.S. My uncle has not spend all the illegal money (the share from the stolen goods) and he is considering giving it out to the poor and needy.
Mods, kindly help out. Tomorrow is Monday and work is going to be starting.

2 Likes

Re: what advice would you give my uncle? he is about resigning from his workplace by Xone3(f): 2:30pm On Aug 14, 2016
He should write an anonymous letter to the Oga with proof or involve a trusted pal

1 Like

Re: what advice would you give my uncle? he is about resigning from his workplace by OgidiOlu3(m): 4:55pm On Aug 14, 2016
He should tell the oga. Since the oga is a family friend, he should report the case to him or report to his friend who happens to be your own older brother. After doing that, he should also report to the police so that they'll hold the other staff members responsible should any evil befall him. Loyalty and Integrity can't be overestimated bro.

1 Like

Re: what advice would you give my uncle? he is about resigning from his workplace by Mackin: 5:30pm On Aug 14, 2016
Re: Ur uncle collected his own share but nt yet spending do u tnk if dis act expose 2day not yet spending will justify him? ur uncle should continue but first thing 2moro he should pay bck all he collected to his Oga account 2ru u or anybody. He can discuss d issue wt his church member 4 better solution and he shd keep d bank teller 4 proof
Re: what advice would you give my uncle? he is about resigning from his workplace by AuroraB(f): 1:46am On Aug 15, 2016
He took from the thieves. He can't judge them no more. Anonymously blowing the lid may get him fingered as part of the thieves.
Strong something sad

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy For Students Who Want To Earn Some Money / Need A Driving Job With Accommodation In Lag / Urgent Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.