Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,283 members, 7,957,726 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:29 PM

Improving Your Self Esteem (part1) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Improving Your Self Esteem (part1) (297 Views)

God Delivered Me From Low Self-esteem / Re:Is God Really Worth Forgiving, Let's Take A Look At Crimes He Committed Part1 / Improving Your Self Esteem (part2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Improving Your Self Esteem (part1) by holla0404(f): 9:59am On Jul 27, 2016
IMPROVING YOUR SELF ESTEEM ( PART 1)
I was talking with a friend this weekend who is suffering from low self-esteem.

After hearing the way this lovely young woman was talking about herself, so blind to her own beauty, intelligence, and talents, I blurted out, “You must begin to love yourself. You have so much to offer.”

She looked at me with defeated eyes and said, “How do I just love myself? What does that mean?”

When your self-esteem is low, the concept of loving yourself is completely foreign. You see yourself as lacking and unworthy and feel there’s nothing to love. In fact, there seems to be far more reason to loathe yourself than love yourself.

Low self-esteem is a self-fulfilling prophecy. The worse you feel about yourself, the less energy and motivation you have to do what it takes to build your self-esteem around. Your self-esteem continues to plummet as your brain locks in on negative and circular thinking, further entrenching you in beliefs that have little or no basis in reality.

Self-esteem improves by changing both your thoughts and behaviors. You must practice new thoughts and behaviors until you begin to turn the tide of your feelings about yourself. And you must continue practicing them to maintain a healthy love for yourself.

HERE ARE SOME WAYS YOU CAN IMPROVE YOUR SELF ESTEEM

1. Become proficient at something

When you practice and become skilled at something you enjoy, your increasing competency and the discipline of practice will be a source of pride and fulfillment for you.

2. Reclaim your integrity

If you are living outside of your integrity, you will feel disoriented, guilty, and drained. Define what integrity means for you, and make the necessary changes to live in accordance with it.

3. Exercise

Exercise makes you feel better physically, mentally, and emotionally. It provides a sense of control over your health and vitality.

4. Volunteer

When we serve and support other people, we feel uplifted and valued. We have found a way to show empathy and connection through service.

5. Take care of a pet

Pets offer unconditional love and fulfill our longing for attention and affection. Pets teach us compassion and responsibility, taking the focus off of our own problems.

6. Care about your appearance

When you look your best, you feel better. You project an outward image of self-esteem and confidence — even if you don’t feel that way. But when you act “as if” you have self-esteem, eventually your feelings will catch up.
http://www.loveofgodoutreach.org/2016/07/improving-your-self-esteem-part-1.html

(1) (Reply)

MORDIYAH COLLEGE Students Entertaining Audience / Preaching And Sleeping Among Youth / Say NO To God Of Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.