Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Saudi Arabia: Black Stone Of Mecca Revealed To Be A Meteorite - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Saudi Arabia: Black Stone Of Mecca Revealed To Be A Meteorite (2776 Views)

The Truth About The Islamic Kaaba (the Black Stone) / Black Stone _part 1 / The 7 Sufferings Of Hell, Revealed To A 20th Century Mystic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saudi Arabia: Black Stone Of Mecca Revealed To Be A Meteorite by tritt(m): 3:03pm On Jul 27, 2016
Mecca| A group of geologists from Oxford University have finally lifted the veil upon one of the most intriguing cultural and religious mysteries of the Islamic faith: Where did the Black Stone of Mecca originate?

Every year, millions of muslim pilgrims gather around the Kaaba, also known as the Sacred House, a cubic-shaped building at the centre of Islam’s most sacred mosque, Al-Masjid al-Haram, in Mecca, Saudi Arabia, for the ritual of the hajj, where pilgrims must walk seven times around the Kaaba in a counterclockwise direction, a ceremonial practice that has endured for fourteen centuries.

According to Islamic tradition, the stone was set intact into the Kaaba’s wall by the Islamic prophet Muhammad in the year 605 A.D., five years before his first revelation. Since then it has been broken into a number of fragments and is now cemented into a silver frame in the side of the Kaaba. Its physical appearance is that of a fragmented dark rock, polished smooth by the hands of millions of pilgrims.

Islamic tradition holds that it fell from Heaven to show Adam and Eve where to build an altar

Anthony Hampton and his team of geologists had, from the beginning, a major problem to further their examination of the Stone of the Kaaba since it may not be examined or fragments taken from it. “Part of the fog surrounding this stone is that the stone’s caretakers haven’t allowed any scientific tests to be performed on the stone, for obvious cultural and religious reasons, so we had to think of other ways of gathering information about this sacred object” he explains.

Local samples of sand where taken from a 2 km radius from the emplacement of the stone, which revealed its first clues. “We found important quantities of iridium, a metal that is found in meteorites with an abundance much higher than its average abundance in the Earth’s crust. We also found many shatter cones, a rare geological feature that is only known to form in the bedrock beneath meteorite impact craters or underground nuclear explosions” he adds.

The team of researchers hope the discovery will help shed light on the origin of the stone but also on the origins of Islam itself. “It is very interesting to see how, what started as the pagan worship of a meteorite, bloomed into, a few centuries later, a monotheistic religion that has spread around the world” comments religious historian Ahmed Ben Alifa.

http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/saudi-arabia-black-stone-of-mecca-revealed-to-be-a-meteorite/
Re: Saudi Arabia: Black Stone Of Mecca Revealed To Be A Meteorite by K9Uneet(m): 3:18pm On Jul 27, 2016
Hmmmmm. Make I hear wetin our Muslim brothers go talk. I just pray say them no go begin kill people upandan?
Re: Saudi Arabia: Black Stone Of Mecca Revealed To Be A Meteorite by annunaki2(m): 3:24pm On Jul 27, 2016
Hehehehe! One of the most revered idol in islam is a mere meteorite cheesy cheesy cheesy muslims worshipping a useless stone since 605AD cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia: Black Stone Of Mecca Revealed To Be A Meteorite by nnachukz(m): 4:07pm On Jul 27, 2016
E no concern me.
Re: Saudi Arabia: Black Stone Of Mecca Revealed To Be A Meteorite by damogul: 4:23pm On Jul 27, 2016
If anyone has watched the Gods must be crazy movie then you can easily understand muhammad and this black Stone. When a coca bottle fell from a plane and those natives hadn't seen one before imagine how they took it.

Same with muhammad and thie meteorite. The guy idolized it and began the head banging to it and others followed.

Chai muslims have been bowing to a space rock for decades...no wonder isis vowed to destroy the kaaba and the stone because they know its idolatry.

I have said enough o. Lol

4 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia: Black Stone Of Mecca Revealed To Be A Meteorite by truthmans2012: 5:14pm On Jul 27, 2016
Muslims are waiting for a comment they think they can fault instead of refuting the OP, because they cannot.

Muhammad is said to have installed the black stone in Kaaba five years before his first revelation, at which time he was not yet a muslim. And when he became a muslims he continued venerating the same stone. Who doesn't know Muhammad's islam is a continuation of idol worship?

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia: Black Stone Of Mecca Revealed To Be A Meteorite by ypeace: 5:23pm On Jul 27, 2016
Do Muslim worship the stone?
Re: Saudi Arabia: Black Stone Of Mecca Revealed To Be A Meteorite by annunaki2(m): 6:14pm On Jul 27, 2016
ypeace:
Do Muslim worship the stone?

Stop trying to be smart with your silly question, the stone is venerated and highly revered in islam, if that is not worship what is it What is the difference btw that and what pagans do with their stone statues?
Re: Saudi Arabia: Black Stone Of Mecca Revealed To Be A Meteorite by Weah96: 6:49pm On Jul 27, 2016
A meteorite is not a mere stone. It's an alien stone.
Re: Saudi Arabia: Black Stone Of Mecca Revealed To Be A Meteorite by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jul 27, 2016
annunaki2:

Stop trying to be smart with your silly question, the stone is venerated and highly revered in islam, if that is not worship what is it What is the difference btw that and what pagans do with their stone statues?
"the black stone remains a stone...no Muslim
bows to it or think it has any power to cause harm or good or to
intercede/mediate on their behalf,or to honour someone with
it..which are all the essence of idolatry,something which is the
norm in xtianity
."

5 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia: Black Stone Of Mecca Revealed To Be A Meteorite by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jul 27, 2016
truthmans2012:
Muslims are waiting for a comment they think they can fault instead of refuting the OP, because they cannot.

Muhammad is said to have installed the black stone in Kaaba five years before his first revelation, at which time he was not yet a muslim. And when he became a muslims he continued venerating the same stone. Who doesn't know Muhammad's islam is a continuation of idol worship?
"the black stone remains a stone...no Muslim
norm in xtianity
."
Re: Saudi Arabia: Black Stone Of Mecca Revealed To Be A Meteorite by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jul 27, 2016
damogul:
If anyone has watched the Gods must be crazy movie then you can easily understand muhammad and this black Stone. When a coca bottle fell from a plane and those natives hadn't seen one before imagine how they took it.

Same with muhammad and thie meteorite. The guy idolized it and began the head banging to it and others followed.

Chai muslims have been bowing to a space rock for decades...no wonder isis vowed to destroy the kaaba and the stone because they know its idolatry.

Are you blind? The geologists just proved the Islamic account of it being a meteorite correct.
Also; "the black stone remains a stone...no Muslim
norm in xtianity
."
Re: Saudi Arabia: Black Stone Of Mecca Revealed To Be A Meteorite by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 27, 2016
K9Uneet:
Hmmmmm. Make I hear wetin our Muslim brothers go talk. I just pray say them no go begin kill people upandan?
The geologists just proved the Islamic account of it being a meteorite correct.
Also,"the black stone remains a stone...no Muslim
it..which are all the essence of idolatry
."
Re: Saudi Arabia: Black Stone Of Mecca Revealed To Be A Meteorite by damogul: 7:38pm On Jul 27, 2016
crusadistic:

Are you blind? The geologists just proved the Islamic account of it being a meteorite correct.
Also; "the black stone remains a stone...no Muslim
norm in xtianity
."

Lmao..guy go and sit down somewhere. If I carry an egg on my head and you were asked to bow to me as a person dont you know you are inadvertently also bowing to the egg on my head since the egg is part of me?

Besides if the meteorite was not so important why is it cemented into the kaaba? Cemented ooo not placed on the floor. Someone consciously cemented it in for a purpose.

Let me tell you. You need to read up on that meteorite instead of this your yarn.

Islam ala black stone ala bow ala kaaba. Google is your friend.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia: Black Stone Of Mecca Revealed To Be A Meteorite by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 27, 2016
Hmmm This Is Interesting grin

Re: Saudi Arabia: Black Stone Of Mecca Revealed To Be A Meteorite by Ranchhoddas: 7:47pm On Jul 27, 2016
damogul:

You have just compared the holiest site in Islam to a can of coca-cola. When atheists do the same to Christianity you'll scream blue murder. Remove the speck in your eye first...

2 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia: Black Stone Of Mecca Revealed To Be A Meteorite by damogul: 7:58pm On Jul 27, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
You have just compared the holiest site in Islam to a can of coca-cola. When atheists do the same to Christianity you'll scream blue murder. Remove the speck in your eye first...

Was there a movie like the gods must be crazy or not? Did a coca cola incident happen there on not? Was it Alien to the natives hence their reaction? Yes.

Was the meteorite an Alien rock? Yes
So if those natives could act that way in the movie over something they had not seen before why wouldnt muhammad?

My comparison was not derogatory but symbolic. Your comment confirms my suspicions about you.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia: Black Stone Of Mecca Revealed To Be A Meteorite by Ranchhoddas: 8:10pm On Jul 27, 2016
damogul:

Was there a movie like the gods must be crazy or not? Did a coca cola incident happen there on not? Was it Alien to the natives hence their reaction? Yes.

Was the meteorite an Alien rock? Yes
So if those natives could act that way in the movie over something they had not seen before why wouldnt muhammad?

My comparison was not derogatory but symbolic. Your comment confirms my suspicions about you.
Symbolic? Is that how you see it? You just accused their Prophet of idolatory. Do you know that people have lost their heads for less? My point is that you should not complain when you get the same treatment. Jesus hates hypocrisy.
Re: Saudi Arabia: Black Stone Of Mecca Revealed To Be A Meteorite by spanzed(m): 8:11pm On Jul 27, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Symbolic? Is that how you see it? You just accused their Prophet of idolatory. Do you know that people have lost their heads for less? My point is that you should not complain when you get the same treatment. Jesus hates hypocrisy.
I jus hope u are living up to that username....
Re: Saudi Arabia: Black Stone Of Mecca Revealed To Be A Meteorite by Ranchhoddas: 8:22pm On Jul 27, 2016
spanzed:
I jus hope u are living up to that username....
In what aspect? Your point eludes me.
Re: Saudi Arabia: Black Stone Of Mecca Revealed To Be A Meteorite by damogul: 8:26pm On Jul 27, 2016
Ranchhoddas:

Are my accusations unfounded? So you are scared of losing ur head? Well I aint. If speaking the truth would result in a head loss then so be it.

You should just go and figure yourself out and not swim in islamic issues or are you an Islamic Atheist?
Re: Saudi Arabia: Black Stone Of Mecca Revealed To Be A Meteorite by Ranchhoddas: 8:44pm On Jul 27, 2016
damogul:

Are my accusations unfounded? So you are scared of losing ur head? Well I aint. If speaking the truth would result in a head loss then so be it.

You should just go and figure yourself out and not swim in islamic issues or are you an Islamic Atheist?
Are the 'accusations' of atheists against your beliefs unfounded? You have been blinded by hypocrisy and as such you cannot see the double standard. Enjoy yourself. Hasta la vista.
Re: Saudi Arabia: Black Stone Of Mecca Revealed To Be A Meteorite by Amberon11: 8:45pm On Jul 27, 2016
Hahahahahahah

The bolded can be correct tho. These atheists can be anything.
damogul:

Re: Saudi Arabia: Black Stone Of Mecca Revealed To Be A Meteorite by damogul: 8:54pm On Jul 27, 2016
Amberon11:
Hahahahahahah

The bolded can be correct tho. These atheists can be anything.

He is totally an islamic Atheist. I could tell. Lol

But really Atheists can be anything......they can be dog loving Atheists or pig loving Atheists or Juju Atheists or Voodoo Atheists...etc. bunch of jokers and bundle of contradictions.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saudi Arabia: Black Stone Of Mecca Revealed To Be A Meteorite by ypeace: 8:55pm On Jul 27, 2016
annunaki2:

so significant in Islam that it was not even mentioned in the Qur'an?
Muslims do not worship it.
the pagans held the belief (among others) that their statue can do them good or evil. The black stone is a black stone. it neither brings good nor evil. that is the belief of Muslims.

Does loving, something so dearly equates to worshipping that something?

****modified******
most of us do not even hold much love to it talk less of venerating it.

Al-Bukhârî reports that ‘Umar – Allâh be pleased
with him – came to the Black Stone (performing
tawâf, circumambulation), kissed it, and said, “I
know that you are a stone, you do not cause benefit
or harm; and if it were not that I had seen Allâh’s
Messenger – peace and blessings of Allâh be upon
him – kiss you, I would never have kissed you.”

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saudi Arabia: Black Stone Of Mecca Revealed To Be A Meteorite by damogul: 9:01pm On Jul 27, 2016
ypeace:

so significant in Islam that it was not even mentioned in the Qur'an?
Muslims do not worship it.
the pagans held the belief (among others) that their statue can do them good or evil. The black stone is a black stone. it neither brings good nor evil. that is the belief of Muslims.

Does loving, something so dearly equates to worshipping that something?

Google is your friend.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Stone

So why love a black stone so deeply if it holds no relevance? Read the link I just pasted. Thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia: Black Stone Of Mecca Revealed To Be A Meteorite by ypeace: 9:23pm On Jul 27, 2016
damogul:

Google is your friend.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Stone

So why love a black stone so deeply if it holds no relevance? Read the link I just pasted. Thank me later.

Toorh! everything wiki and google say is the most correct bah?

you are really trying hard to make us belief we worship it. Because without that, other condemnation hold no water....... keep trying.

2 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia: Black Stone Of Mecca Revealed To Be A Meteorite by damogul: 9:32pm On Jul 27, 2016
ypeace:

Toorh! everything wiki and google say is the most correct bah?

you are really trying hard to make us belief we worship it. Because without that, other condemnation hold no water....... keep trying.

What other condemnation? You all are doing a pretty good job condemning yourselves by yourselves. So sorry I am not on the condemnation train.
Re: Saudi Arabia: Black Stone Of Mecca Revealed To Be A Meteorite by Presbulg(m): 11:41pm On Jul 27, 2016
Some people will soon develop heart attack on issues that doesn't in any way concern them.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

It's just a meteorite, make una go die

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saudi Arabia: Black Stone Of Mecca Revealed To Be A Meteorite by alfarouq(m): 1:21am On Jul 28, 2016
Re: Saudi Arabia: Black Stone Of Mecca Revealed To Be A Meteorite by makinde851: 6:20am On Jul 28, 2016
Did any body mention xtianity in d post... Why are muslims this cunny and twisty..
crusadistic:

The geologists just proved the Islamic account of it being a meteorite correct.
Also,"the black stone remains a stone...no Muslim
it..which are all the essence of idolatry
."

(1) (Reply)

What You Must Know About Us @light House Of Wisdom / T.d Jakes, Don Moen, Cece Winans, Kurt Carr And Many Others In Lagos / Hillsong Lovers Tread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.