Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,771 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:36 PM

The 7 Sufferings Of Hell, Revealed To A 20th Century Mystic - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The 7 Sufferings Of Hell, Revealed To A 20th Century Mystic (1920 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: Osinbajo's Helicopter Crash Was Revealed To Me By God / Archaeologists Find Gates Of Hell In Saudi Arabia / The Sufferings Of Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 7 Sufferings Of Hell, Revealed To A 20th Century Mystic by grailife(m): 11:58am On Oct 17, 2016
Hell is a real place. But what is it like exactly?

While the Bible gives us some clues, the 20th century mystic St. Faustina received a particularly vivid vision, which she recorded in her diary.

Note that such "private revelations" are not on the same level with the divine revelation - but they can nonetheless aid someone in their faith.

"Today I was led by an Angel to the chasms of hell," St. Faustina writes in her diary(741). "It is a place of great torture; how awesomely large and extensive it is!"

"The kinds of tortures I saw..." she begins, and then lists the seven kinds of sufferings of hell she saw;

"The first torture that constitues hell is the loss of God;

"The second is perpetual remorse of conscience;

"The third is that one's condition will never change;

"The fourth is the fire that will penetrate the soul without destroying it - a terrible suffering, since it is a purely spiritual fire, lit by God's anger;

"The fifth torture is continual darkness and a terrible suffocating smell, and, despite the darkness, the devils and the souls of the damned see each other and all the evil, both of others and their own;

"The sixth torture is the constant company of Satan;

"The seventh torture is horrible despair, hatred of God, vile words, curses and blasphemies."

She also says the exact form of this suffering can be different for each person: Each soul undergoes terrible and indescribable sufferings, related to the manner in which it has sinned. There are caverns and pits of torture where one form of agony differs from another."

Finally, she adds one important qualification: "But I noticed one thing: that most of the souls there those who disbelieved that there is a hell. When I came to, I could hardly recover from the fright. How terribly souls suffer there!"

May we have faith that hell does indeed exists, and turn back to God!

Pray for the conversion of sinners - especially ourselves

1 Like

Re: The 7 Sufferings Of Hell, Revealed To A 20th Century Mystic by bana91(m): 12:09pm On Oct 17, 2016
cool
Re: The 7 Sufferings Of Hell, Revealed To A 20th Century Mystic by Wilgrea7(m): 10:34pm On Oct 17, 2016
grailife:

While the Bible gives us some clues, the 20th century mystic St. Faustina received a particularly vivid vision, which she recorded in her diary.

Note that such "private revelations" are not on the same level with the divine revelation - but they can nonetheless aid someone in their faith.

"Today I was led by an Angel to the chasms of hell," St. Faustina writes in her diary(741). "It is a place of great torture; how awesomely large and extensive it is!"

"The kinds of tortures I saw..." she begins, and then lists the seven kinds of sufferings of hell she saw;

"The fourth is the fire that will penetrate the soul without destroying it - a terrible suffering, since it is a purely spiritual fire, lit by God's anger;

"The fifth torture is continual darkness and a terrible suffocating smell, and, despite the darkness, the devils and the souls of the damned see each other and all the evil, both of others and their own;

"The seventh torture is horrible despair, hatred of God, vile words, curses and blasphemies."

She also says the exact form of this suffering can be different for each person: Each soul undergoes terrible and indescribable sufferings, related to the manner in which it has sinned. There are caverns and pits of torture where one form of agony differs from another."

Finally, she adds one important qualification: "But I noticed one thing: that most of the souls there those who disbelieved that there is a hell. When I came to, I could hardly recover from the fright. How terribly souls suffer there!"

whoever wrote this must be on some nice weed

so most of the people that will be in hell are those that didn't believe hell exists... that's plain dumb.. wat of Christians who follow Jesus Christ but don't believe in an eternal hell... so they will go there too.. op wake up
Re: The 7 Sufferings Of Hell, Revealed To A 20th Century Mystic by honourhim: 11:03pm On Oct 17, 2016
Wilgrea7:

so most of the people that will be in hell are those that didn't believe hell exists... that's plain dumb.. wat of Christians who follow Jesus Christ but don't believe in an eternal hell... so they will go there too.. op wake up

He is not forcing you to believe. Keep deceiving yourself that the lake of fire is not eternal. The man here is a mystic man, not a pastor yet is telling you what he saw and you still want to keep consoling yourself that hell is not eternal.

1 Like

Re: The 7 Sufferings Of Hell, Revealed To A 20th Century Mystic by Wilgrea7(m): 11:07pm On Oct 17, 2016
honourhim:

He is not forcing you to believe. Keep deceiving yourself that the lake of fire is not eternal. The man here is a mystic man, not a pastor yet is telling you what he saw and you still want to keep consoling yourself that hell is not eternal.

the writeup is so dumb that anyone with sense could see the lie in it.. so now people don't go to the eternal hell (as u think ) for not believing in God... but go there for not believing in the hell.

that's a poor lie
Re: The 7 Sufferings Of Hell, Revealed To A 20th Century Mystic by honourhim: 11:19pm On Oct 17, 2016
Wilgrea7:

the writeup is so dumb that anyone with sense could see the lie in it.. so now people don't go to the eternal hell (as u think ) for not believing in God... but go there for not believing in the hell.

that's a poor lie

He said most of the people there. He didnt say all. If you are good follower of Christ and you don't believe hell is eternal then you need check your followership because Jesus said it severally that it's eternal.

1 Like

Re: The 7 Sufferings Of Hell, Revealed To A 20th Century Mystic by Wilgrea7(m): 11:30pm On Oct 17, 2016
honourhim:

He said most of the people there. He didnt say all. If you are good follower of Christ and you don't believe hell is eternal then you need check your followership because Jesus said it severally that it's eternal.

its still dumb... so the majority of people there are there because they don't believe hell exists... seriously... who came up with this stuff??

anyways I'm done with people scaring me about an eternal hell.. my main aim in life is God and not avoiding hell... i guess when we all die we'll find out who was lying and who was saying the truth
Re: The 7 Sufferings Of Hell, Revealed To A 20th Century Mystic by honourhim: 11:37pm On Oct 17, 2016
embarassed
Wilgrea7:

its still dumb... so the majority of people there are there because they don't believe hell exists... seriously... who came up with this stuff??

anyways I'm done with people scaring me about an eternal hell.. my main aim in life is God and not avoiding hell... i guess when we all die we'll find out who was lying and who was saying the truth

Nobody is scaring anybody. All of us are praying to make heaven but we shouldnt twist the message of eternal punishment.

1 Like

Re: The 7 Sufferings Of Hell, Revealed To A 20th Century Mystic by Ranchhoddas: 11:42pm On Oct 17, 2016
Reminds me of Dante Alighieri
Re: The 7 Sufferings Of Hell, Revealed To A 20th Century Mystic by Wilgrea7(m): 11:50pm On Oct 17, 2016
honourhim:
embarassed

Nobody is scaring anybody. All of us are praying to make heaven but we shouldnt twist the message of eternal punishment.

i never twisted the message of eternal torment... i don't agree with it at all.. i once believed it as i was brought up with the doctrine and the mentality... i decided to do a proper research on it and I found out it was false... i agree with eternal punishment not eternal punishing.. i don't claim i know it all.. if anyone has anything contrary to what i know and believes its the truth, he/she should bring it forth.
Re: The 7 Sufferings Of Hell, Revealed To A 20th Century Mystic by honourhim: 12:21am On Oct 18, 2016
Wilgrea7:

i never twisted the message of eternal torment... i don't agree with it at all.. i once believed it as i was brought up with the doctrine and the mentality... i decided to do a proper research on it and I found out it was false... i agree with eternal punishment not eternal punishing.. i don't claim i know it all.. if anyone has anything contrary to what i know and believes its the truth, he/she should bring it forth.

If you choose not to believe it that's your choice but that's not what the bible said. God will help us not to go to hell but that doesn't mean we should twist the message to massage our sentiment.
Re: The 7 Sufferings Of Hell, Revealed To A 20th Century Mystic by Wilgrea7(m): 4:24am On Oct 18, 2016
honourhim:

If you choose not to believe it that's your choice but that's not what the bible said. God will help us not to go to hell but that doesn't mean we should twist the message to massage our sentiment.

like i said i never twisted anything... there are countless number of verses that talk of the total anhilation of the wicked... so i should just ignore them?
Re: The 7 Sufferings Of Hell, Revealed To A 20th Century Mystic by DeSepiero(m): 5:57am On Oct 18, 2016
honourhim:

Its actually a 'she' not 'he'.
By the way, you so much believe that the so called mystic's account of hell is credible? Because she has 'mystic' attached to her name?
Maybe you can believe just about anything, provided the speaker seems cool and what the speaker is saying corroborates your previous beliefs.
Re: The 7 Sufferings Of Hell, Revealed To A 20th Century Mystic by otemanuduno: 6:18am On Oct 18, 2016
He who believes in the reality of witches and fear them will definitely be tormented by witches.
He who believes in the reality of hell and fear it will definitely face hell fire after death.

Oun ti eye ba je ni eye n gbe fo(wetin bird chop na him bird go carry fly). Satan(Yahweh) has no mercy. Christians, get ready to meet your god(yahweh) in hell cool
Re: The 7 Sufferings Of Hell, Revealed To A 20th Century Mystic by honourhim: 7:18am On Oct 18, 2016
DeSepiero:

Its actually a 'she' not 'he'.
By the way, you so much believe that the so called mystic's account of hell is credible? Because she has 'mystic' attached to her name?
Maybe you can believe just about anything, provided the speaker seems cool and what the speaker is saying corroborates your previous beliefs.

Her testimony is one out of the many that abound coming from none christians so i dont get your drift.

1 Like

Re: The 7 Sufferings Of Hell, Revealed To A 20th Century Mystic by DeSepiero(m): 8:00am On Oct 18, 2016
honourhim:

Her testimony is one out of the many that abound coming from none christians so i dont get your drift.

So you now believe the testimony because it's 'one out of the many that abound'?.

1 Like

Re: The 7 Sufferings Of Hell, Revealed To A 20th Century Mystic by Wilgrea7(m): 11:43am On Oct 18, 2016
honourhim:

it seems you've not gone into near death experiences... u guys only accept the ones that describe a burning hell but reject the ones that don't support it... what makes her testimony superior to the rest that don't indicate a burning hell?? or is she the only person who saw the truth... u guys should wake up!!

1 Like

Re: The 7 Sufferings Of Hell, Revealed To A 20th Century Mystic by grailife(m): 9:26pm On Oct 19, 2016
What is Hell?
Hell is the place where the devils and wicked men suffer for all eternity

What pains do the wicked suffer in Hell?
The wicked in Hell are shut out for ever from seeing God. Together with the devils they suffer burning fires and every kind of torment.
Re: The 7 Sufferings Of Hell, Revealed To A 20th Century Mystic by Wilgrea7(m): 10:02pm On Oct 19, 2016
grailife:
What is Hell?
Hell is the place where the devils and wicked men suffer for all eternity

What pains do the wicked suffer in Hell?
The wicked in Hell are shut out for ever from seeing God. Together with the devils they suffer burning fires and every kind of torment.

and you know this because.........
Re: The 7 Sufferings Of Hell, Revealed To A 20th Century Mystic by Nobody: 10:08pm On Oct 19, 2016
Only a daft person will follow Christ and not believe in hell. Christ spoke on hell extensively.
Wilgrea7:

1 Like

Re: The 7 Sufferings Of Hell, Revealed To A 20th Century Mystic by Nobody: 10:14pm On Oct 19, 2016
Take your own advice and wake up. You cannot be a christian and not believe in an eternal hell. That would mean calling God a liar because Jesus sounded clear warnings about hell.

I've read too many incidents of near death experiences. Almost all of them talked about a burning hell. Hinduists, Buddhists, all have a corellating storym
Wilgrea7:

it seems you've not gone into near death experiences... u guys only accept the ones that describe a burning hell but reject the ones that don't support it... what makes her testimony superior to the rest that don't indicate a burning hell?? or is she the only person who saw the truth... u guys should wake up!!
Re: The 7 Sufferings Of Hell, Revealed To A 20th Century Mystic by Wilgrea7(m): 10:27pm On Oct 19, 2016
Millerz:
Take your own advice and wake up. You cannot be a christian and not believe in an eternal hell. That would mean calling God a liar because Jesus sounded clear warnings about hell.

I've read too many incidents of near death experiences. Almost all of them talked about a burning hell. Hinduists, Buddhists, all have a corellating storym

2 things involved

1. either ur google isn't working well or
2. u only search for near death experiences concerning hell

besides if there really was an eternal hell where people burn forever then why do the burning hell accounts disagree with each other... some state u r just burning.. some state u r burning nd being tortured by demons.. others say you're burning and being eaten by worms.. they don't agree on the type of burning there... and people who have such experiences are people who believe or has been told and contemplated the fact of a burning hell.. ok then what of the numerous nde's from others that don't indicate a burning hell.. and some of those nde's are from Christians

besides.. Christianity isn't believing in hell... its believing in Jesus so i can be a Christian and not believe in hell

also if hell was eternal torment then of what use is getting eternal life since i already have it and just choose where to spend it.

contrary to your statement, believing in an eternal hell is actually the one calling God a liar because God talked about complete destruction of the wicked..
Re: The 7 Sufferings Of Hell, Revealed To A 20th Century Mystic by Wilgrea7(m): 10:30pm On Oct 19, 2016
Millerz:
Only a daft person will follow Christ and not believe in hell. Christ spoke on hell extensively.

so u said
Re: The 7 Sufferings Of Hell, Revealed To A 20th Century Mystic by Audray(f): 1:07am On Oct 20, 2016
Really? As far as we've come some people still decided to be enslaved by this deceit.
Re: The 7 Sufferings Of Hell, Revealed To A 20th Century Mystic by hopefulLandlord: 11:42am On Oct 20, 2016
Wilgrea7:

nice one bro

what Honourhim is doing is called "Confirmation Bias"

the tendency to interpret new evidence as confirmation of one's existing beliefs or theories.

1 Like

Re: The 7 Sufferings Of Hell, Revealed To A 20th Century Mystic by Nobody: 1:11pm On Oct 20, 2016
.....Hahahahahahhahaha.... Can't believe I used to be scared of this shit.
Re: The 7 Sufferings Of Hell, Revealed To A 20th Century Mystic by grailife(m): 10:53am On Oct 21, 2016

Re: The 7 Sufferings Of Hell, Revealed To A 20th Century Mystic by grailife(m): 10:40am On Oct 23, 2016
Happy sunday have u read this topic?
Re: The 7 Sufferings Of Hell, Revealed To A 20th Century Mystic by honourhim: 12:22pm On Oct 23, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

nice one bro

what Honourhim is doing is called "Confirmation Bias"

the tendency to interpret new evidence as confirmation of one's existing beliefs or theories.

What else will make a mystic man say something that confirms what the bible said if not conviction?
If the testimony is coming from a Christian you will doubt it.
If an atheist said it u will still doubt, are you not deceiving yourself?
Re: The 7 Sufferings Of Hell, Revealed To A 20th Century Mystic by honourhim: 12:34pm On Oct 23, 2016
Wilgrea7:

Nobody is scaring anybody. Both eternal torment and the non eternal torment are unpleasant situations so don't give yourself false hope.
We are all aiming to make heaven but we can't stop saying the truth.
Your last statement concludes it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The 7 Sufferings Of Hell, Revealed To A 20th Century Mystic by Holyede: 2:44pm On Jun 28, 2018
Wilgrea7:

l fear there are demons in human flesh on this site at worst or unrepentant reprobates at best. go to carna
l sites and leave us in peace, devil
Re: The 7 Sufferings Of Hell, Revealed To A 20th Century Mystic by paxonel(m): 5:26pm On Jun 28, 2018
grailife:

guy,
Go and get a good girl and enjoy sex and calm down your brain before you find yourself in yaba left or uselu right

(1) (Reply)

This Question About Jesus Has Been Bothering Me / Olukoya Donates Buildings To School / An Iranian Pastor Whose Life Hangs On The Balance Please Lend Your Voice For His Release

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.