Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,256 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

God Is My Hero - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Is My Hero (1831 Views)

MY HERO! Messing With Jesus. / Nigeria: My Hero Pastor Is A False Prophet (part 1) / God Is Unquestionable (my Pastor) Prophet Akinade Of Lion Of Judah Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Is My Hero by huxley(m): 8:41am On Sep 18, 2009
Re: God Is My Hero by FBS: 8:56am On Sep 18, 2009
[flash=440,428]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvsgo7NgR9k[/flash]

My bad, but really what are they saying?
Re: God Is My Hero by mazaje(m): 9:29am On Sep 18, 2009
The way people lie to themselves to defend this fictional deity of theirs is completely absurd. . .William Craig talks about people deserving to die because they worship false gods and engage in brutal rituals like human sacrifice grin grin. . .Has he ever read the bible at all? Did the bible god not tell his chosen men to burn and entire city down and sacrifice its entire inhabitants unto him as a brunt offering? there are other parts of the bible where the bible god accepts human sacrifice just like the other gods he is maligning. . . . .  What are these dishonest fools saying? . . . .

I have seen Willam Criag debate moslems. . .He insist that allah lacks compassion and is a violent god. . but when the moslems quote verses from the bible that make allah look better than the bible god. . .passages where allah tells moslems not to kill children because children are always innocent. . . while the bible god commands his people to kill every body including children and sacrifice them as brunt offering unto him. . .William Craig will say things like. . .Yahweh knows that if they children are allowed to grow they are going to undermine Israel's existence. . . . grin grin. . . So William Craig's god is afraid of babies grin grin. . . . Pathetic. . . . . .

This is the same thing moslems do. . .accept that mohammed was a pedophile and move on. . .They will look for all the excuses in the world to justify their delusions and say that mohammed did they right thing. . . .Christians accept that the god character talked about in the OT is completely evil and move on. . .they won't they will look for all the excuses in the world to say that their as portrayed in the old testament is good. . . forgetting that the god of the old testament even admitted that he is evil and apologized for his evil deeds. . . . grin grin. . .deluded people. . .
Re: God Is My Hero by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:15am On Sep 20, 2009
[size=13pt]God can't be proved. But if God exists, the believer gains everything (heaven) and the unbeliever loses everything (hell). If God doesn't exist, the believer loses nothing and the unbeliever gains nothing. There is therefore everything to gain and nothing to lose by believing in God.

On the other hand, if God is imaginary, then religion is a complete illusion. Christianity, Judaism and Islam are pointless. Belief in God is nothing but a silly superstition, and this superstition leads a significant portion of the population to be delusional.

[/size]
Re: God Is My Hero by DeepSight(m): 3:54pm On Sep 20, 2009
Mazaje please my memory is failing me, can you be so kind as to assist to point out where in the Bible God requests human sacrifices.
Re: God Is My Hero by huxley(m): 4:03pm On Sep 20, 2009
Deep Sight:

Mazaje please my memory is failing me, can you be so kind as to assist to point out where in the Bible God requests human sacrifices.

[size=14pt]Leviticus 27:[/size]

26Only the firstling of the beasts, which should be the LORD's firstling, no man shall sanctify it; whether it be ox, or sheep: it is the LORD's.

27And if it be of an unclean beast, then he shall redeem it according to thine estimation, and shall add a fifth part of it thereto: or if it be not redeemed, then it shall be sold according to thy estimation.

28Notwithstanding no devoted thing, that a man shall devote unto the LORD of all that he hath, both of man and beast, and of the field of his possession, shall be sold or redeemed: every devoted thing is most holy unto the LORD.

[size=14pt]29None devoted, which shall be devoted of men, shall be redeemed; but shall surely be put to death.
[/size]

30And all the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land, or of the fruit of the tree, is the LORD's: it is holy unto the LORD.

31And if a man will at all redeem ought of his tithes, he shall add thereto the fifth part thereof.
Re: God Is My Hero by Eaglebabe: 4:11pm On Sep 20, 2009
Fear God the entire duty of man.
Re: God Is My Hero by Ogaga4Luv(m): 4:50pm On Sep 20, 2009
[size=13pt]The Fear of God is the Beginning of Foolishness. kiss[/size]
Re: God Is My Hero by noetic2: 5:06pm On Sep 20, 2009
huxley:

[size=14pt]Leviticus 27:[/size]

26Only the firstling of the beasts, which should be the LORD's firstling, no man shall sanctify it; whether it be ox, or sheep: it is the LORD's.

27And if it be of an unclean beast, then he shall redeem it according to thine estimation, and shall add a fifth part of it thereto: or if it be not redeemed, then it shall be sold according to thy estimation.

28Notwithstanding no devoted thing, that a man shall devote unto the LORD of all that he hath, both of man and beast, and of the field of his possession, shall be sold or redeemed: every devoted thing is most holy unto the LORD.

[size=14pt]29None devoted, which shall be devoted of men, shall be redeemed; but shall surely be put to death.
[/size]

30And all the tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land, or of the fruit of the tree, is the LORD's: it is holy unto the LORD.

31And if a man will at all redeem ought of his tithes, he shall add thereto the fifth part thereof.

was that refering to humans? can u give us ONE example of a human "sacrificed" in the bible?
Re: God Is My Hero by huxley(m): 5:11pm On Sep 20, 2009
noetic2:

was that refering to humans? can u give us ONE example of a human "sacrificed" in the bible?

Judges 11 (New International Version)

Judges 11

1 Jephthah the Gileadite was a mighty warrior. His father was Gilead; his mother was a prostitute. 2 Gilead's wife also bore him sons, and when they were grown up, they drove Jephthah away. "You are not going to get any inheritance in our family," they said, "because you are the son of another woman." 3 So Jephthah fled from his brothers and settled in the land of Tob, where a group of adventurers gathered around him and followed him.

4 Some time later, when the Ammonites made war on Israel, 5 the elders of Gilead went to get Jephthah from the land of Tob. 6 "Come," they said, "be our commander, so we can fight the Ammonites."

7 Jephthah said to them, "Didn't you hate me and drive me from my father's house? Why do you come to me now, when you're in trouble?"

8 The elders of Gilead said to him, "Nevertheless, we are turning to you now; come with us to fight the Ammonites, and you will be our head over all who live in Gilead."

9 Jephthah answered, "Suppose you take me back to fight the Ammonites and the LORD gives them to me—will I really be your head?"

10 The elders of Gilead replied, "The LORD is our witness; we will certainly do as you say." 11 So Jephthah went with the elders of Gilead, and the people made him head and commander over them. And he repeated all his words before the LORD in Mizpah.

12 Then Jephthah sent messengers to the Ammonite king with the question: "What do you have against us that you have attacked our country?"

13 The king of the Ammonites answered Jephthah's messengers, "When Israel came up out of Egypt, they took away my land from the Arnon to the Jabbok, all the way to the Jordan. Now give it back peaceably."

14 Jephthah sent back messengers to the Ammonite king, 15 saying:
       "This is what Jephthah says: Israel did not take the land of Moab or the land of the Ammonites. 16 But when they came up out of Egypt, Israel went through the desert to the Red Sea and on to Kadesh. 17 Then Israel sent messengers to the king of Edom, saying, 'Give us permission to go through your country,' but the king of Edom would not listen. They sent also to the king of Moab, and he refused. So Israel stayed at Kadesh.

18 "Next they traveled through the desert, skirted the lands of Edom and Moab, passed along the eastern side of the country of Moab, and camped on the other side of the Arnon. They did not enter the territory of Moab, for the Arnon was its border.

19 "Then Israel sent messengers to Sihon king of the Amorites, who ruled in Heshbon, and said to him, 'Let us pass through your country to our own place.' 20 Sihon, however, did not trust Israel  to pass through his territory. He mustered all his men and encamped at Jahaz and fought with Israel.

21 "Then the LORD, the God of Israel, gave Sihon and all his men into Israel's hands, and they defeated them. Israel took over all the land of the Amorites who lived in that country, 22 capturing all of it from the Arnon to the Jabbok and from the desert to the Jordan.

23 "Now since the LORD, the God of Israel, has driven the Amorites out before his people Israel, what right have you to take it over? 24 Will you not take what your god Chemosh gives you? Likewise, whatever the LORD our God has given us, we will possess. 25 Are you better than Balak son of Zippor, king of Moab? Did he ever quarrel with Israel or fight with them? 26 For three hundred years Israel occupied Heshbon, Aroer, the surrounding settlements and all the towns along the Arnon. Why didn't you retake them during that time? 27 I have not wronged you, but you are doing me wrong by waging war against me. Let the LORD, the Judge, decide the dispute this day between the Israelites and the Ammonites."

28 The king of Ammon, however, paid no attention to the message Jephthah sent him.

29 Then the Spirit of the LORD came upon Jephthah. He crossed Gilead and Manasseh, passed through Mizpah of Gilead, and from there he advanced against the Ammonites. 30 And Jephthah made a vow to the LORD : "If you give the Ammonites into my hands, 31 whatever comes out of the door of my house to meet me when I return in triumph from the Ammonites will be the LORD's, and I will sacrifice it as a burnt offering."

32 Then Jephthah went over to fight the Ammonites, and the LORD gave them into his hands. 33 He devastated twenty towns from Aroer to the vicinity of Minnith, as far as Abel Keramim. Thus Israel subdued Ammon.

34 When Jephthah returned to his home in Mizpah, who should come out to meet him but his daughter, dancing to the sound of tambourines! She was an only child. Except for her he had neither son nor daughter. 35 When he saw her, he tore his clothes and cried, "Oh! My daughter! You have made me miserable and wretched, because I have made a vow to the LORD that I cannot break."

36 "My father," she replied, "you have given your word to the LORD. Do to me just as you promised, now that the LORD has avenged you of your enemies, the Ammonites. 37 But grant me this one request," she said. "Give me two months to roam the hills and weep with my friends, because I will never marry."

[size=14pt]38 "You may go," he said. And he let her go for two months. She and the girls went into the hills and wept because she would never marry. 39 After the two months, she returned to her father and he did to her as he had vowed. And she was a virgin.[/size]
      From this comes the Israelite custom 40 that each year the young women of Israel go out for four days to commemorate the daughter of Jephthah the Gileadite.
Re: God Is My Hero by huxley(m): 5:17pm On Sep 20, 2009
Jeremiah 19:

7 " 'In this place I will ruin [a] the plans of Judah and Jerusalem. I will make them fall by the sword before their enemies, at the hands of those who seek their lives, and I will give their carcasses as food to the birds of the air and the beasts of the earth. 8 I will devastate this city and make it an object of scorn; all who pass by will be appalled and will scoff because of all its wounds. [size=14pt]9 I will make them eat the flesh of their sons and daughters, and they will eat one another's flesh during the stress of the siege imposed on them by the enemies who seek their lives.'[/size]

Who is making people eat the flesh of their Children?
Re: God Is My Hero by mazaje(m): 5:44pm On Sep 20, 2009
Deep Sight:

"Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." (Deuteronomy 13:13-19)
Re: God Is My Hero by mazaje(m): 5:47pm On Sep 20, 2009
At the LORD's command, a man of God from Judah went to Bethel, and he arrived there just as Jeroboam was approaching the altar to offer a sacrifice. Then at the LORD's command, he shouted, "O altar, altar! This is what the LORD says: A child named Josiah will be born into the dynasty of David. On you he will sacrifice the priests from the pagan shrines who come here to burn incense, and human bones will be burned on you." (1 Kings 13:1-2)

He [Josiah] executed the priests of the pagan shrines on their own altars, and he burned human bones on the altars to desecrate them. Finally, he returned to Jerusalem. King Josiah then issued this order to all the people: "You must celebrate the Passover to the LORD your God, as it is written in the Book of the Covenant." There had not been a Passover celebration like that since the time when the judges ruled in Israel, throughout all the years of the kings of Israel and Judah. This Passover was celebrated to the LORD in Jerusalem during the eighteenth year of King Josiah's reign. Josiah also exterminated the mediums and psychics, the household gods, and every other kind of idol worship, both in Jerusalem and throughout the land of Judah. He did this in obedience to all the laws written in the scroll that Hilkiah the priest had found in the LORD's Temple. Never before had there been a king like Josiah, who turned to the LORD with all his heart and soul and strength, obeying all the laws of Moses. And there has never been a king like him since. (2 Kings 23:20-25 )
Re: God Is My Hero by noetic2: 6:12pm On Sep 20, 2009
huxley:

Judges 11 (New International Version)

Judges 11

1 Jephthah the Gileadite was a mighty warrior. His father was Gilead; his mother was a prostitute. 2 Gilead's wife also bore him sons, and when they were grown up, they drove Jephthah away. "You are not going to get any inheritance in our family," they said, "because you are the son of another woman." 3 So Jephthah fled from his brothers and settled in the land of Tob, where a group of adventurers gathered around him and followed him.

4 Some time later, when the Ammonites made war on Israel, 5 the elders of Gilead went to get Jephthah from the land of Tob. 6 "Come," they said, "be our commander, so we can fight the Ammonites."

7 Jephthah said to them, "Didn't you hate me and drive me from my father's house? Why do you come to me now, when you're in trouble?"

8 The elders of Gilead said to him, "Nevertheless, we are turning to you now; come with us to fight the Ammonites, and you will be our head over all who live in Gilead."

9 Jephthah answered, "Suppose you take me back to fight the Ammonites and the LORD gives them to me—will I really be your head?"

10 The elders of Gilead replied, "The LORD is our witness; we will certainly do as you say." 11 So Jephthah went with the elders of Gilead, and the people made him head and commander over them. And he repeated all his words before the LORD in Mizpah.

12 Then Jephthah sent messengers to the Ammonite king with the question: "What do you have against us that you have attacked our country?"

13 The king of the Ammonites answered Jephthah's messengers, "When Israel came up out of Egypt, they took away my land from the Arnon to the Jabbok, all the way to the Jordan. Now give it back peaceably."

14 Jephthah sent back messengers to the Ammonite king, 15 saying:
       "This is what Jephthah says: Israel did not take the land of Moab or the land of the Ammonites. 16 But when they came up out of Egypt, Israel went through the desert to the Red Sea and on to Kadesh. 17 Then Israel sent messengers to the king of Edom, saying, 'Give us permission to go through your country,' but the king of Edom would not listen. They sent also to the king of Moab, and he refused. So Israel stayed at Kadesh.

18 "Next they traveled through the desert, skirted the lands of Edom and Moab, passed along the eastern side of the country of Moab, and camped on the other side of the Arnon. They did not enter the territory of Moab, for the Arnon was its border.

19 "Then Israel sent messengers to Sihon king of the Amorites, who ruled in Heshbon, and said to him, 'Let us pass through your country to our own place.' 20 Sihon, however, did not trust Israel  to pass through his territory. He mustered all his men and encamped at Jahaz and fought with Israel.

21 "Then the LORD, the God of Israel, gave Sihon and all his men into Israel's hands, and they defeated them. Israel took over all the land of the Amorites who lived in that country, 22 capturing all of it from the Arnon to the Jabbok and from the desert to the Jordan.

23 "Now since the LORD, the God of Israel, has driven the Amorites out before his people Israel, what right have you to take it over? 24 Will you not take what your god Chemosh gives you? Likewise, whatever the LORD our God has given us, we will possess. 25 Are you better than Balak son of Zippor, king of Moab? Did he ever quarrel with Israel or fight with them? 26 For three hundred years Israel occupied Heshbon, Aroer, the surrounding settlements and all the towns along the Arnon. Why didn't you retake them during that time? 27 I have not wronged you, but you are doing me wrong by waging war against me. Let the LORD, the Judge, decide the dispute this day between the Israelites and the Ammonites."

28 The king of Ammon, however, paid no attention to the message Jephthah sent him.

29 Then the Spirit of the LORD came upon Jephthah. He crossed Gilead and Manasseh, passed through Mizpah of Gilead, and from there he advanced against the Ammonites. 30 And Jephthah made a vow to the LORD : "If you give the Ammonites into my hands, 31 whatever comes out of the door of my house to meet me when I return in triumph from the Ammonites will be the LORD's, and I will sacrifice it as a burnt offering."

32 Then Jephthah went over to fight the Ammonites, and the LORD gave them into his hands. 33 He devastated twenty towns from Aroer to the vicinity of Minnith, as far as Abel Keramim. Thus Israel subdued Ammon.

34 When Jephthah returned to his home in Mizpah, who should come out to meet him but his daughter, dancing to the sound of tambourines! She was an only child. Except for her he had neither son nor daughter. 35 When he saw her, he tore his clothes and cried, "Oh! My daughter! You have made me miserable and wretched, because I have made a vow to the LORD that I cannot break."

36 "My father," she replied, "you have given your word to the LORD. Do to me just as you promised, now that the LORD has avenged you of your enemies, the Ammonites. 37 But grant me this one request," she said. "Give me two months to roam the hills and weep with my friends, because I will never marry."

[size=14pt]38 "You may go," he said. And he let her go for two months. She and the girls went into the hills and wept because she would never marry. 39 After the two months, she returned to her father and he did to her as he had vowed. And she was a virgin.[/size]
      From this comes the Israelite custom 40 that each year the young women of Israel go out for four days to commemorate the daughter of Jephthah the Gileadite.

did God request for her as a sacrifice? was she killed?
Re: God Is My Hero by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:17pm On Sep 20, 2009
[size=13pt]You Believe in God good for you my dear. . .I was,but now i found out my real self. Believing in some hiding deity is just wasted time.Like me i force no one to follow my path, but only show interest to help as many i can to know the to secrets and hiden things. most especially all the so called tricks behind the scene how the"God" Toke Over human race and have been a great Source of Confussion and seperation in our world today.

God can't be proved. But if God exists, the believer gains everything (heaven) and the unbeliever loses everything (hell). If God doesn't exist, the believer loses nothing and the unbeliever gains nothing. There is therefore everything to gain and nothing to lose by believing in God.

On the other hand, if God is imaginary, then religion is a complete illusion. Christianity, Judaism and Islam are pointless. Belief in God is nothing but a silly superstition, and this superstition leads a significant portion of the population to be delusional.
[/size]
Re: God Is My Hero by XFio(m): 6:18pm On Sep 20, 2009
[size=18pt]Ogaga4luv[/size]

[size=17pt]After you die GOD decides where you go next not the devil. GOD brought you to this earth. Do you think hell is a good place? Do you think it's some kind of hang out of Satan and his followers. No it's the exact opposite so when you leave this earth remember what I said turn towards GOD and walk away from the devil. From listening about what you said about believers and non-believers you're better off not believing in anything in my opinion
[/size]
Re: God Is My Hero by mazaje(m): 6:33pm On Sep 20, 2009
noetic2:

did God request for her as a sacrifice? was she killed?

Your dishonesty is sickening. . . didn't you read where it says that she went and wept with her friends and where it says her father did to her as he had vowed(sacrifice her unto yahew)?. . . .
Re: God Is My Hero by noetic2: 6:35pm On Sep 20, 2009
mazaje:

Your dishonesty is sickening. . . didn't you read where it says that she went and wept with her friends and where it says her father did to her as he had vowed(sacrifice her unto yahew)?. . . .

ur dogmatic bias is also sickening. . . , . .was samuel not offered to God? was he killed?
Re: God Is My Hero by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:40pm On Sep 20, 2009
[size=30pt]Oh Really. . . .Meaning the GOD is Insane!. angry angry. There's no Proof of his/her Existence.The Only Proof is that he/She Exist with Complexity. .?, im not part of Religion Madness.

Count me out.
[/size]
Re: God Is My Hero by vanitty: 6:42pm On Sep 20, 2009
^ who cares undecided, all you do is take up space in this religion section. Never seen you contribute anything meaniful.We get it you are a satanist boohoohoo!
Re: God Is My Hero by mazaje(m): 6:47pm On Sep 20, 2009
noetic2:

your dogmatic bias is also sickening. . . ,  .  .was samuel not offered to God? was he killed?

Comparing apples to oranges is what you are doing here. . .you apologetic stinks. . .

This is what the guy said. . ."If you give the Ammonites into my hands, 31 whatever comes out of the door of my house to meet me when I return in triumph from the Ammonites will be the LORD's, and[b] I will sacrifice it as a burnt offering.[/b]" . . . . The bible god according to the story gave him victory over his enemies. . and he made a vow to sacrifice where ever comes out of his house[b] as a burnt offering[/b] unto yahweh. . . . .

When Jephthah returned to his home in Mizpah, who should come out to meet him but his daughter, dancing to the sound of tambourines! She was an only child. Except for her he had neither son nor daughter. 35 When he saw her, he tore his clothes and cried, "Oh! My daughter! You have made me miserable and wretched, because I have made a vow to the LORD that I cannot break." . . . .and what was the vow he can not break? to sacrifice whatever comes out of his house as a burnt offering unto yahweh. . . . .The story then says that after the two months, she returned to her father and[b] he did to her as he had vowed [/b]. . What was his vow? To sacrifice what ever comes out of his house to yahweh as a burnt offering. . . What part of this story do you not understand?. . .

Samuel was not offered unto yahweh to be sacrificed as a burnt offering was he?. . . Your apologetic reeks of pure delusion. . .  grin grin. . .And this is the same guy that goes around haranguing the moslems for not accepting the fact that mohammed was a pedophile when he refuses to accept that his own yahweh once accepted human sacrifice. . .
Re: God Is My Hero by Tudor6(f): 6:50pm On Sep 20, 2009
noetic2:

your dogmatic bias is also sickening. . . ,  .  .was samuel not offered to God? was he killed?
Samuel was not promised as a burnt offering. . . . Was he?
Re: God Is My Hero by mazaje(m): 6:52pm On Sep 20, 2009
Tudór:

I tire ohhh. . . .This guys will not want to accept what is written in their bible. . .
Re: God Is My Hero by noetic2: 6:53pm On Sep 20, 2009
Tudór:

no he wasnt. . .but was offered to God. . .wasnt he?. . . . .  .how are u and where have u been? missed ur wahala a lot.

mazaje:

Comparing apples to oranges is what you are doing here. . .you apologetic stinks. . .

This is what the guy said. . ."If you give the Ammonites into my hands, 31 whatever comes out of the door of my house to meet me when I return in triumph from the Ammonites will be the LORD's, and[b] I will sacrifice it as a burnt offering.[/b]" . . . . The bible god according to the story gave him victory over his enemies. . and he made a vow to sacrifice where ever comes out of his house[b] as a burnt offering[/b] unto yahweh. . . . .

When Jephthah returned to his home in Mizpah, who should come out to meet him but his daughter, dancing to the sound of tambourines! She was an only child. Except for her he had neither son nor daughter. 35 When he saw her, he tore his clothes and cried, "Oh! My daughter! You have made me miserable and wretched, because I have made a vow to the LORD that I cannot break." . . . .and what was the vow he can not break? to sacrifice whatever comes out of his house as a burnt offering unto yahweh. . . . .The story then says that after the two months, she returned to her father and[b] he did to her as he had vowed [/b]. . What was his vow? To sacrifice what ever comes out of his house to yahweh as a burnt offering. . . What part of this story do you not understand?. . .

Samuel was not offered unto yahweh to be sacrificed as a burnt offering was he?. . . Your apologetic reeks of pure delusion. . .  grin grin. . .And this is the same guy that goes around haranguing the moslems for not accepting the fact that mohammed was a pedophile when he refuses to accept that his own yahweh once accepted human sacrifice. . .

did God request for a human sacrifice?
Re: God Is My Hero by mazaje(m): 6:59pm On Sep 20, 2009
noetic2:

did God request for a human sacrifice?

Your dishonesty is ridiculous. . .first you asked if the girl was killed. . .when I showed you, are now changing tone by asking if yahweh asked for a human sacrifice. . .Yahweh did not ask for a human sacrifice according to the story but he accepted it. . . .

He asked for human sacrifice in other parts of the bible. . .

"Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." (Deuteronomy 13:13-19)
Re: God Is My Hero by Ogaga4Luv(m): 7:02pm On Sep 20, 2009
[size=13pt]Vanitty:

You better do. If you like squeeze your mouth to your ear. I have my words and remain on my ground. Why are you shy or something like you get scared off whenever you plan to use your brain?. please i strongly need to Convince you to care about learning new things.

God is a Big time Shame in Human race and i guest he/she wont lead you to double, i mean Tripple Vanity just like your user ID?. Anyway. . .you better think dear believer before time run out.

Bonne Chance. . .
[/size]
Re: God Is My Hero by mazaje(m): 7:03pm On Sep 20, 2009
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]Vanitty:

You better do. If you like squeeze your mouth to your ear. I have my words and remain on my ground. Why are you shy or something like you get scared off whenever you plan to use your brain?. please i strongly need to Convince you to care about learning new things.

God is a Big time Shame in Human race and i guest he/she wont lead you to double, i mean Tripple Vanity just like your user ID?. Anyway. . .you better think dear believer before time run out.

Bonne Chance. . .
[/size]

Are you not a satanist? is your own myth better than the god myth
Re: God Is My Hero by noetic2: 7:06pm On Sep 20, 2009
mazaje:

Your dishonesty is ridiculous. . .first you asked if the girl was killed. . .when I showed you, are now changing tone by asking if yahweh asked for a human sacrifice. . .Yahweh did not ask for a human sacrifice according to the story but he accepted it. . . .

All I am doing is to attempt to make u access the story objectively.
I could as well have stated my case and ignored ur points.

We can deduce that
a. God did NOT demand for a human sacrifice.
b. what happened was at the discretion of the father. . . . . .his daughter also did not resist such.

So objectively . . . .how does this event discredit God?

He asked for human sacrifice in other parts of the bible. . .

Lying is not allowed.

how is the above a human sacrifice?
Re: God Is My Hero by Atheists: 7:08pm On Sep 20, 2009
Re: God Is My Hero by vanitty: 7:10pm On Sep 20, 2009
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]Vanitty:

Bonne Chance. . .
[/size]

same old same old undecided keep up with your ranting.
Re: God Is My Hero by Ogaga4Luv(m): 7:44pm On Sep 20, 2009
[size=13pt]Vanitty:

The Superfial God hiding for years should be blame .People walking in the Left hand most especially Satanist has been thought of as being synonymous with cruelty and brutality. This is so only because people are afraid to face the truth - and the truth is that human beings are not all benign or all loving. Just because the Satanist admits he is capable of both love and hate, he is considered hateful. On the contrary, because he is able to give vent to his hatred through ritualized expression, he is far more capable of love - the deepest kind of love. By honestly recognizing and admitting to both the hate and the love he feels, there is no confusing one emotion with the other. Without being able to experience one of these emotions, you cannot fully experience the other.
[/size]
Re: God Is My Hero by mazaje(m): 7:55pm On Sep 20, 2009
noetic2:

All I am doing is to attempt to make u access the story objectively.
I could as well have stated my case and ignored your points.

We can deduce that
a. God did NOT demand for a human sacrifice.
b. what happened was at the discretion of the father. . . . .  .his daughter also did not resist such.

He accepted human sacrifice no? Did the bible god not tell abraham to sacrifice his son unto him?. . .

So objectively . . .  .how does this event discredit God?

It discredits those like William Craig that say that their god is better than other gods that accept human sacrifice. . .the  OT god used to accept human sacrifice. . .

Lying is not allowed.

how is the above a human sacrifice?

How is this this lying? This is what the passage says. . ."If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock.  Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it.  Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God.  That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt.  Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction.  Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you."

What part of this story is hard for you to understand?. . . .This is what yahweh says,  kill every body in the town. . do not allow any thing that lives to survive(humans and animals) pile them up and sacrifice them as a burnt sacrifice to yahweh. . the warrior god. . .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can A Born Again Christian Work With A Cigarette Or Beer Producing Company? / Christmas Carol Lyrics.2014 / This Is Another Concrete Evidence About Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.