Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

West Ham (2) Vs Liverpool (3) On Saturday 19th September 2009 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / West Ham (2) Vs Liverpool (3) On Saturday 19th September 2009 (1575 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Match?

West Ham: 14% (1 vote)
Liverpool: 71% (5 votes)
Draw: 14% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Chelsea Vs Arsenal (2 - 0) On 19th September 2015 / Chelsea Vs West Ham (2 - 0) On 26th December 2014 / Manchester United Vs West Ham (2 - 1) On 27th September 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

West Ham (2) Vs Liverpool (3) On Saturday 19th September 2009 by mukina2: 12:09pm On Sep 18, 2009
Vs

Gianfranco Zola's West Ham side will hope his side can find the net against a strong Liverpool defence.
West Ham, who have now failed to score in their last two Premier League matches, will host Liverpool looking for their first victory since opening day against Wolverhampton.Zola will feel a bit unlucky to have lost against Wigan (1-0) in a very even match, but will know his side's struggles in front of goal are largely to blame for their run of hard luck.Zavon Hines replaced Luis Jimenez in attack for West Ham against Wigan in an attempt to shake things up, however, the striker was unable to leave his impression on the match and could find his way to the bench again ahead of the match with Liverpool.Matthew Upton has been a rock in defence for both club and country in recent weeks. He will undoubtedly be called upon, yet again, to put in a big performance against Liverpool.Equally important for West Ham, will be the effectiveness of Carlton Cole, who has the strength to trouble the Liverpool back line, but will need to start producing goals if West Ham are to turn things around.West Ham remained dangerously close to the relegation zone after the defeat to Wigan and they have to show a massive improvement if they want to stop Liverpool from taking all the points from Upton Park.

Liverpool enter Saturday's match with West Ham after a mediocre 1-0 victory over Debrecen in the Champions League on Wednesday.Dirk Kuyt made it two goals in his last two games as he scored the only goal of the match on the stroke of half-time.Liverpool dominated the match from start to stop, although wasteful finishing nearly gave a poor Debrecen side a way back late in the game.Yossi Benayoun was Rafa Benitez's best player, again, after scoring a hat-trick against Burnley on Saturday. The Israeli midfielder has been playing inspirational football and providing a real element of creativity to Liverpool's attack in recent weeks.Fabio Aurelio returned to the bench for Benitez following a knee injury and came on in the dying moments of the game. Aurelio could be considered to start against West Ham, although Emiliano Insua, who has been good in the Brazilian's absence, may be given the confidence again.Javier Macherano was rested for most of the match and is likely to return to face his former club, while Fernando Torres will be hoping to re-discover his finishing touch.
Re: West Ham (2) Vs Liverpool (3) On Saturday 19th September 2009 by bgees(m): 12:32pm On Sep 18, 2009
we will have to on our toes for this one. we can win.

YNWA!

Re: West Ham (2) Vs Liverpool (3) On Saturday 19th September 2009 by tocdee(m): 4:12pm On Sep 18, 2009
Go you Reds! Put them to the sword! I hope we'll take at least a quarter of the chances created.
Re: West Ham (2) Vs Liverpool (3) On Saturday 19th September 2009 by stanlynezo(m): 5:15pm On Sep 18, 2009
liverpool we 4erver not walk alone.i am a die hard liverpool fan searching for true anfield faithfuls especially chicks.
Re: West Ham (2) Vs Liverpool (3) On Saturday 19th September 2009 by tkb417(m): 7:32pm On Sep 18, 2009
fck Pool
although u guys should win by a slim margin tho

fck Benitez
Re: West Ham (2) Vs Liverpool (3) On Saturday 19th September 2009 by Borat1: 6:47am On Sep 19, 2009
Well, torres is my FPL captain and i need him to score a hattrick! What more can i say?
Re: West Ham (2) Vs Liverpool (3) On Saturday 19th September 2009 by Cristalz(f): 12:50pm On Sep 19, 2009
HItv's showing this one.

@Borat
Torres won't score today 'cos of you. cheesy grin
Re: West Ham (2) Vs Liverpool (3) On Saturday 19th September 2009 by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 19, 2009
Liverpool is shyte.

Selling Alonso was the greatest mistake you guys made.
Another trophyless season like 'em gaynners awaits.
Re: West Ham (2) Vs Liverpool (3) On Saturday 19th September 2009 by Krayola(m): 5:53pm On Sep 19, 2009
FERNANDO TORRRRREEEESS!!! See how hard that goal was!! Brilliant! wink

0-1 Lifapull
Re: West Ham (2) Vs Liverpool (3) On Saturday 19th September 2009 by Krayola(m): 6:01pm On Sep 19, 2009
Penalty for Westham. Carragher is an agbaya. he should know better than that

1-1. Damanti slips, falls and still scores.
Re: West Ham (2) Vs Liverpool (3) On Saturday 19th September 2009 by Krayola(m): 6:15pm On Sep 19, 2009
GERRARDKUYT!! grin grin 1-2

Wey all these liverpool guys sef?
Re: West Ham (2) Vs Liverpool (3) On Saturday 19th September 2009 by Krayola(m): 6:19pm On Sep 19, 2009
haha. Cole rises from between 2 defenders to head it in for West ham.

2-2 45th minute. Interesting game. 4 goals in the 1st half. . . smiley smiley smiley
Re: West Ham (2) Vs Liverpool (3) On Saturday 19th September 2009 by toba1909(m): 6:19pm On Sep 19, 2009
It's 2 -2 .
Not sure the Reds will be able to hold West ham,

Their defence is crap!
Re: West Ham (2) Vs Liverpool (3) On Saturday 19th September 2009 by Jairzinho(m): 6:20pm On Sep 19, 2009
rafa needs to stop these zonal marking on set pieces. . . the man like experimenting too much 1 why can't we just place people at the posts & man mark the rest?
2:2
Re: West Ham (2) Vs Liverpool (3) On Saturday 19th September 2009 by bgees(m): 6:22pm On Sep 19, 2009
BlueDiva:

Liverpool is shyte.

Selling Alonso was the greatest mistake you guys made.
Another trophyless season like 'em gaynners awaits.

it is obvious u know nothing about what u saying, so i suggest u shut up .
Re: West Ham (2) Vs Liverpool (3) On Saturday 19th September 2009 by hollandis(f): 6:27pm On Sep 19, 2009
I can't wait to see a rejuvenated west ham side in the next 45mins.Apart from chelsea ,the other ''big four'' are just write offs.
Re: West Ham (2) Vs Liverpool (3) On Saturday 19th September 2009 by bgees(m): 6:28pm On Sep 19, 2009
what is really zonal marking . Cole scores from a corner and u have started screaming zonal marking. do u really understand zonal marking? W hat if zonal marking really works best?

our central defence has been bad so far, they need to sharpen up. johnson has to improve defensively.

and great goal from El nino  and he needs to score may be 3 more.
Re: West Ham (2) Vs Liverpool (3) On Saturday 19th September 2009 by Krayola(m): 6:32pm On Sep 19, 2009
Carragher has looked rather sloppy IMO.
Re: West Ham (2) Vs Liverpool (3) On Saturday 19th September 2009 by Sauron1: 6:33pm On Sep 19, 2009
bgees:

what is really zonal marking . Cole scores from a corner and u have started screaming zonal marking. do u really understand zonal marking? W hat if zonal marking really works best?

It doesn't. . . . . . .The defending team is better off marking the posts rather than marking players or marking the zone.
9 out of 10 times, headers scored from set-pieces are always close to the posts so if you put a man on each post, they will just clear the ball.
Rafa Benitez is an idiot for sticking to the zonal marking schitzo. . . . . .This is the reason why he will not win the EPL title.

our central defence has been bad so far, they need to sharpen up. johnson has to improve defensively.

Carragher should retire. Hines has raped him times without number today.

and great goal from El nino  and he needs to score may be 3 more.

Brilliant effort from El Nino.
Re: West Ham (2) Vs Liverpool (3) On Saturday 19th September 2009 by biina: 6:36pm On Sep 19, 2009
bgees:

it is obvious u know nothing about what u saying, so i suggest u shut up .
being a fan should not equal being delusional.
Selling Alonso and buying Aquilani has made liverpool a weaker team. It is obvious that Lucas is not as good as Alonso, and Aquilani is yet to play his first game.
Re: West Ham (2) Vs Liverpool (3) On Saturday 19th September 2009 by bgees(m): 6:44pm On Sep 19, 2009
biina:

Selling Alonso and buying Aquilani has made liverpool a weaker team. It is obvious that Lucas is not as good as Alonso, and Aquilani is yet to play his first game.

we tried as much as we could to keep Alonso. he wanted to leave. so we had no choice. so selling him was not what we wanted. so we made no mistakes. Aquilani will be fit soon,I'm sure he will make u shut the Bleep up.

~Sauron~:

It doesn't. . . . . . .The defending team is better off marking the posts rather than marking players or marking the zone.
9 out of 10 times, headers scored from set-pieces are always close to the posts so if you put a man on each post, they will just clear the ball.
Rafa Benitez is an idiot for sticking to the zonal marking schitzo. . . . . .This is the reason why he will not win the EPL title.

we dont do zonal marking everytime we playe. knee jerkers blame zonal marking everythime we let in a goal from a corner.
Re: West Ham (2) Vs Liverpool (3) On Saturday 19th September 2009 by hollandis(f): 6:46pm On Sep 19, 2009
Westham is leading in every department of the game .
Re: West Ham (2) Vs Liverpool (3) On Saturday 19th September 2009 by biina: 6:50pm On Sep 19, 2009
bgees:

we tried as much as we could to keep Alonso. he wanted to leave. so we had no choice. so selling him was not what we wanted. so we made no mistakes. Aquilani will be fit soon,I'm sure he will make u shut the Bleep up.
Rafa tried to sell him the previous summer and for two summer pursued Barry. The die has been cast since then. Alonso was going to leave at the first quality offer that came.
Even when fit, Aquilanni is not of the same quality of Alonso. He is a 25yr old that still showing potential and is yet to deliver on his promise.

we dont do zonal marking everytime we playe. knee jerkers blame zonal marking everythime we let in a goal from a corner.
Rafa is a strong proponent of zonal marking (even from his days as a youth coach in Madrid), and Liverpool plays Zonal defence on all wide set pieces and corner kicks.
Re: West Ham (2) Vs Liverpool (3) On Saturday 19th September 2009 by Sauron1: 6:52pm On Sep 19, 2009
bgees:

Liverpool have been doing zonal marking everytime they are defending a set-piece.
They form a bank of two when defending instead of marking opponents and putting a man on each post.
Liverpool concede more goals from set-pieces than any of the teams in the TOP FOUR.
Re: West Ham (2) Vs Liverpool (3) On Saturday 19th September 2009 by Nobody: 6:57pm On Sep 19, 2009
It is obvious u know nothing about what u saying, so i suggest u shut up

I woulda being surprised if your retarded brain said something different.
Even Benitez admits that Alonso will be greatly missed.
Next time keep your bleeping comments to yourself.

Selling Alonso and buying Aquilani has made liverpool a weaker team. It is obvious that Lucas is not as good as Alonso, and Aquilani is yet to play his first game

Intelligent man.
Re: West Ham (2) Vs Liverpool (3) On Saturday 19th September 2009 by Krayola(m): 7:06pm On Sep 19, 2009
TORRRESSSS!!!  Good Header. Nice work from Babel.

2-3 Liverpool!
Re: West Ham (2) Vs Liverpool (3) On Saturday 19th September 2009 by bgees(m): 7:07pm On Sep 19, 2009
@Bluediva,

yes, we are missing alonso. he wanted to leave, not like we just sold me out. so there was no mistake made selling him. thats where u got it wrong, thats where u expressed the cow in u.

GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and no more mistakes.
Re: West Ham (2) Vs Liverpool (3) On Saturday 19th September 2009 by bgees(m): 7:09pm On Sep 19, 2009
we need to get more goals, westham can hit us back.
Re: West Ham (2) Vs Liverpool (3) On Saturday 19th September 2009 by Sauron1: 7:12pm On Sep 19, 2009
bgees:

we need to get more goals, westham can hit us back.

The Hammers are tired.
Half of the team are battling with cramps and Scott Parker is a donkey!!!
Re: West Ham (2) Vs Liverpool (3) On Saturday 19th September 2009 by Krayola(m): 7:15pm On Sep 19, 2009
~Sauron~:

The Hammers are tired.

Yeah. . . was just goin to say that. they`re running on fumes right now. Used up too much energy fighting back 2ce
Re: West Ham (2) Vs Liverpool (3) On Saturday 19th September 2009 by Nobody: 7:18pm On Sep 19, 2009
yes, we are missing alonso. he wanted to leave, not like we just sold me out. so there was no mistake made selling him. thats where u got it wrong, thats where u expressed the cow in u.

Fine, i respect your opinion.

But telling me to shut up and i don't know what i'm saying?
Highly disrespectful, I won't take that.
Re: West Ham (2) Vs Liverpool (3) On Saturday 19th September 2009 by Krayola(m): 7:23pm On Sep 19, 2009
BlueDiva:

Fine, i respect your opinion.

But telling me to shut up and i don't know what i'm saying?
Highly disrespectful, I won't take that.

Listen, woman!! You will do as you are told!! grin grin

abeg i dey play o!! make u shoot me

(1) (2) (Reply)

Zidane Vs Maradonas Goal( Which Da Best) / EPL Man Utd Vs Swansea On Sat, 11th Jan 2014 By 06 : 30pm / Sunderland Vs Manchester Utd [0 - 1] On Sunday, 2nd May

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.