Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,134 members, 7,818,415 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Please I Need Your Guidance On My 2007 Toyota Camry - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please I Need Your Guidance On My 2007 Toyota Camry (5356 Views)

Tired Of My 2007 pimped To 2010 Camry SE / Observation On My 2007 Corolla / My 2007 Honda Accord EX-L Thread (Maintenance & Upgrades) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please I Need Your Guidance On My 2007 Toyota Camry by Inception(m): 6:15am On Aug 03, 2016
Connoisseur:
This 13 pin transmission is becoming a big problem. I had issues with mine, bought toks and changed but I noticed from 2 to 3, the gear discharges completely before it re-engage. The problem is there is no guarantee on transmissions.
pls do you still have your old one in your custody?
Re: Please I Need Your Guidance On My 2007 Toyota Camry by Connoisseur(m): 7:20am On Aug 03, 2016
Inception:

pls do you still have your old one in your custody?

Yeah
Re: Please I Need Your Guidance On My 2007 Toyota Camry by cardoctor(m): 7:26am On Aug 03, 2016
kingreign:

Pls, which page of the 2007 Camry owners manual was it written.

Cos I have a PDF manual and its clearly stated "Toyota Genuine ATF WS."

You did't need to go too far in convincing this dude. The fact remains that he started experiencing the gear problem after he changed the atf to Type4.

2007 onward camrys only use the Toyota WS. Thank heavens the tranny is now fixed (as he claims) but I hope he has learnt a lesson from here.
Re: Please I Need Your Guidance On My 2007 Toyota Camry by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:28am On Aug 03, 2016
T
Connoisseur:
This 13 pin transmission is becoming a big problem. I had issues with mine, bought toks and changed but I noticed from 2 to 3, the gear discharges completely before it re-engage. The problem is there is no guarantee on transmissions.

You were scammed Bro, you bought a 10 pin sad the conversion was done inside the gear box, socket outside is still 13pin

3 Likes

Re: Please I Need Your Guidance On My 2007 Toyota Camry by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:29am On Aug 03, 2016
cardoctor:

You did't need to go too far in convincing this dude. The fact remains that he started experiencing the gear problem after he changed the atf to Type4.

2007 onward camrys only use the Toyota WS. Thank heavens the tranny is now fixed (as he claims) but I hope he has learnt a lesson from here.

I thought I was the only one wink
Re: Please I Need Your Guidance On My 2007 Toyota Camry by kingreign(m): 8:16am On Aug 03, 2016
cardoctor:

Well, its not just because of him I uploaded that screenshot, I no want another innocent person ignorantly follow his path. That's why I uploaded it.

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need Your Guidance On My 2007 Toyota Camry by kingreign(m): 8:17am On Aug 03, 2016
chukel:
no mind am. It's Toyota genuine ATF WS. He is using pre 07 manual

The guy Na ITK and Na Wetin make am wan spoil his innocent motor
Re: Please I Need Your Guidance On My 2007 Toyota Camry by Connoisseur(m): 8:33am On Aug 03, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
T

You were scammed Bro, you bought a 10 pin sad the conversion was done inside the gear box, socket outside is still 13pin

You mean a 10 pin inside a 13pin casing
Re: Please I Need Your Guidance On My 2007 Toyota Camry by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:40am On Aug 03, 2016
Connoisseur:

You mean a 10 pin inside a 13pin casing

yep. That's the new scam now
Re: Please I Need Your Guidance On My 2007 Toyota Camry by Connoisseur(m): 9:05am On Aug 03, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

yep. That's the new scam now

I can't and do not doubt you boss. But the transmission was separated from the engine right before me. Could it have been done abroad or here?
Re: Please I Need Your Guidance On My 2007 Toyota Camry by Kashif(m): 9:30am On Aug 03, 2016
Connoisseur:

It is not an uncommon problem with these transmissions. 13 pin behaves like that if it has performance issue. The issues with mine started just like yours - 2-3 flare. Has it been scanned? A way to tell if you have a 10 pin installed is that you will have a permanent solenoid electrical code, unless done by an initiated.

GAZZUZZ:
T

If he bought a 10 pin, no internal conversion is needed. On the other hand, you will need to change the direct drum in 13 pin to make it work like a 10 pin. His replacement 13 pin is likely with some issues.

3 Likes

Re: Please I Need Your Guidance On My 2007 Toyota Camry by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:55am On Aug 03, 2016
Connoisseur:

I can't and do not doubt you boss. But the transmission was separated from the engine right before me. Could it have been done abroad or here?

transmission expert has spoken, a scan will reveal all
Re: Please I Need Your Guidance On My 2007 Toyota Camry by Connoisseur(m): 2:57pm On Aug 03, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

transmission expert has spoken, a scan will reveal all

I believe you.

I went back to the seller and he showed genuine concern n. He is of the opinion that I should use a normal 10 pin on the car. I want your opinion, how would this swap affect the overall performance of the car?
Re: Please I Need Your Guidance On My 2007 Toyota Camry by Kashif(m): 3:55pm On Aug 03, 2016
Connoisseur:

I believe you.

I went back to the seller and he showed genuine concern n. He is of the opinion that I should use a normal 10 pin on the car. I want your opinion, how would this swap affect the overall performance of the car?

When you say "normal 10 pin", is 13 pin abnormal?

If you install 10 pin, let me tell you what will happen.

Your vehicle will drive but, 2-3 will be harsh, and you will lose the economy and quieter ride that comes with 13 pin.

The reason for the 2-3 harsh engagement is because 10 pin does not have the capacity to respond when the ECU commands a 3rd gear. See what happens -

First is commanded; 10 pin responds with first ratio.
Second is commanded; 10 pin responds with second ratio.
Third is commanded; 10 cannot respond because it lacks the capacity to. Nothing happens, and RPM climbs.
Fourth is commanded; 10 pin responds with third ratio, reason for the hard shift. Another possible contributors are the accumulator and pressure differences.
Fifth is commanded; 10 pin responds with a fourth ratio.

13 pin has two overdrives - 4th and 5th
10 pin has none (its 4th ratio is 1.020, where as 13 pin's 4th is already 0.975).
10 pin installed on a 13 pin design will leave check engine light permanently on because the 7th solenoid that makes the difference is unconnected, and the TCM is always looking for it. If your vehicle is the type that disables VSC and TRAC when check engine comes on, you will know if it is worth the trade off.

Now you have all the info, it is up to you to make a choice. But if asked my opinion, stick to 13 pin!

How long have you had this replacement 13 pin? How much is 13 pin now?

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need Your Guidance On My 2007 Toyota Camry by Connoisseur(m): 9:35pm On Aug 03, 2016
Kashif:

When you say "normal 10 pin", is 13 pin abnormal?

If you install 10 pin, let me tell you what will happen.

Your vehicle will drive but, 2-3 will be harsh, and you will lose the economy and quieter ride that comes with 13 pin.

The reason for the 2-3 harsh engagement is because 10 pin does not have the capacity to respond when the ECU commands a 3rd gear. See what happens -

First is commanded; 10 pin responds with first ratio.
Second is commanded; 10 pin responds with second ratio.
Third is commanded; 10 cannot respond because it lacks the capacity to. Nothing happens, and RPM climbs.
Fourth is commanded; 10 pin responds with third ratio, reason for the hard shift. Another possible contributors are the accumulator and pressure differences.
Fifth is commanded; 10 pin responds with a fourth ratio.

13 pin has two overdrives - 4th and 5th
10 pin has none (its 4th ratio is 1.020, where as 13 pin's 4th is already 0.975).
10 pin installed on a 13 pin design will leave check engine light permanently on because the 7th solenoid that makes the difference is unconnected, and the TCM is always looking for it. If your vehicle is the type that disables VSC and TRAC when check engine comes on, you will know if it is worth the trade off.

Now you have all the info, it is up to you to make a choice. But if asked my opinion, stick to 13 pin!

How long have you had this replacement 13 pin? How much is 13 pin now?

Thank you for the explanation boss.

You see I just got the 13 pin last week for 220k. Now it didn't work but I can confirm it's 13 pin. The seller and I got history so he took me to a technician who says it can be fixed. But what he did was to install the 'brain box' of a 10 pin and that gave a very rough drive. So this morning I went back to the seller and explained I cannot continue to work on the transmission cos that's why I didn't bother to repair the previously burnt one.
He advised that there has always been an issue with the 13 pin and there is no way to guarantee it would turn out well. He offered that he bring a 10 pin so it could be converted. Even the sienna he drives has the same conversion. Left with the option of buying another tyranny for 220k with no guarantee that it would work, I decided to give a chance to see if the conversion would work as they proposed. Would be going back there tomorrow to test drive and make my decisions based on the outcome.
Re: Please I Need Your Guidance On My 2007 Toyota Camry by Kashif(m): 9:25am On Aug 04, 2016
Connoisseur:

You see I just got the 13 pin last week for 220k. Now it didn't work but I can confirm it's 13 pin. The seller and I got history so he took me to a technician who says it can be fixed. But what he did was to install the 'brain box' of a 10 pin and that gave a very rough drive. So this morning I went back to the seller and explained I cannot continue to work on the transmission cos that's why I didn't bother to repair the previously burnt one.
He advised that there has always been an issue with the 13 pin and there is no way to guarantee it would turn out well. He offered that he bring a 10 pin so it could be converted. Even the sienna he drives has the same conversion. Left with the option of buying another tyranny for 220k with no guarantee that it would work, I decided to give a chance to see if the conversion would work as they proposed. Would be going back there tomorrow to test drive and make my decisions based on the outcome.

How possible is it to install a 10 pin ECU on a 13 pin vehicle?

Why would he be suggesting 10 pin when you only bought this 13 pin last week? Is there no warranty? Does he not have another 13 pin? Well, its ultimately your call.

4 Likes

Re: Please I Need Your Guidance On My 2007 Toyota Camry by Trafford(m): 11:49am On Aug 07, 2016
Hehehe... so many messages here. Those having doubts, Believe it or not, car is back to normal ( abi na una prayer for me to go buy new transmission for this period lolz). A TOTAL FLUSH was carried out on my transmission by experts here, and the WS was used. As regards the type of ATF, I didn't see any WS when I wanted to do the oil change, and those saying he's forming ITK, for your info, I called one of the best auto guy here on nairaland and he approved. I called GAUZZUZZ and he said I can use the type IV ( A decision I regret as it almost cost me my sweet transmission. Funny thing is that he was even the first offering to sell a 10pin for me). I didn't argue too much because my car production date is 06. And I've been using 06 manual all these while. It was after this incidence that a lot was explained to me. I've been using the car for a week now and still drives and select fine as it was b4 I almost destroyed it myself. So my advice here, don't always takes advice from people as when the worse happens, you'll be the one paying the bills. And if you erroneously use what you're not suppose to use, chill don't panic, take your time before making decisions that will cost you fortune. Explore other options before making decision. If I'd panic too much, I would have splash out a whopping 80k for 10pin or even over 200K for 13pin. Before I leave, I will love to thank a fellow nairalander, a gentleman from PH too, he called me and advice I take my time, don't rush... and that advice really helped... Thanks I really appreciate sir. Not forgetting my oga kashif, may God continue to lift you higher and more wisdom to help those that needs help with their transmission, you said something when I called, you don't remember but that helps as well.
Once again thanks all, I appreciate all your efforts, God bless and happy sunday!!!

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need Your Guidance On My 2007 Toyota Camry by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:26pm On Aug 07, 2016
Trafford:
Hehehe... so many messages here. Those having doubts, Believe it or not, car is back to normal ( abi na una prayer for me to go buy new transmission for this period lolz). A TOTAL FLUSH was carried out on my transmission by experts here, and the WS was used. As regards the type of ATF, I didn't see any WS when I wanted to do the oil change, and those saying he's forming ITK, for your info, I called one of the best auto guy here on nairaland and he approved. I called GAUZZUZZ and he said I can use the type IV ( A decision I regret as it almost cost me my sweet transmission. Funny thing is that he was even the first offering to sell a 10pin for me). I didn't argue too much because my car production date is 06. And I've been using 06 manual all these while. It was after this incidence that a lot was explained to me. I've been using the car for a week now and still drives and select fine as it was b4 I almost destroyed it myself. So my advice here, don't always takes advice from people as when the worse happens, you'll be the one paying the bills. And if you erroneously use what you're not suppose to use, chill don't panic, take your time before making decisions that will cost you fortune. Explore other options before making decision. If I'd panic too much, I would have splash out a whopping 80k for 10pin or even over 200K for 13pin. Before I leave, I will love to thank a fellow nairalander, a gentleman from PH too, he called me and advice I take my time, don't rush... and that advice really helped... Thanks I really appreciate sir. Not forgetting my oga kashif, may God continue to lift you higher and more wisdom to help those that needs help with their transmission, you said something when I called, you don't remember but that helps as well.
Once again thanks all, I appreciate all your efforts, God bless and happy sunday!!!

Before you make me look like I was the one that damaged your transmission let us get a few facts straight.

1.Your problem was never centered around the type of oil used, but what procedures were followed before and after pouring the oil into the gearbox.

If your transmission packed up immediately after pouring TIV it had nothing to do with the oil and more with impurities that clogged up your valvebody.

You asked for a cheap substitute, and I offered what I had at less than the market price of the 10pin gear.

I have seen folks buy the 13pin gear (toks) and it didn't work until the 3-4th replacement.

I'm happy your transmission is working now.

3 Likes

Re: Please I Need Your Guidance On My 2007 Toyota Camry by honmusa(m): 8:50pm On Aug 07, 2016
Connoisseur:

Someone even doesn't need to have a PHD In engineering to understand what is happening.This is simple logic.
The factory tranny in your car is 13 Pin and this same 13 has fault and you need to replace it .If your 13 pin toks replacement is not working then that simply tell your that the replacement is equally faulty .
Get another 13 pin from that seller that will work for u and don't let anybody talk you into getting 10 pin that is not made for your car .

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need Your Guidance On My 2007 Toyota Camry by Kashif(m): 9:50pm On Aug 07, 2016
honmusa:

Someone even doesn't need to have a PHD In engineering to understand what is happening.This is simple logic.
The factory tranny in your car is 13 Pin and this same 13 has fault and you need to replace it .If your 13 pin toks replacement is not working then that simply tell your that the replacement is equally faulty .
Get another 13 pin from that seller that will work for u and don't let anybody talk you into getting 10 pin that is not made for your car .

Exactly my thought!

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Your Guidance On My 2007 Toyota Camry by Inception(m): 9:04am On Aug 08, 2016
Kashif:

Exactly my thought!
Hello bro,
Can i get your contact (phone no)? some one is in urgent need of your help. a U151E transmission valvebody needs to go the Kashif's way.
He lives in lag by the way.
Re: Please I Need Your Guidance On My 2007 Toyota Camry by Kashif(m): 9:25am On Aug 08, 2016
Inception:

Hello bro,
Can i get your contact (phone no)? some one is in urgent need of your help. a U151E transmission valvebody needs to go the Kashif's way.
He lives in lag by the way.

Sent you a PM.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please I Need Your Guidance On My 2007 Toyota Camry by Inception(m): 10:31am On Aug 08, 2016
Kashif:

Sent you a PM.
Received. Thanks
Re: Please I Need Your Guidance On My 2007 Toyota Camry by Mudorsis: 7:09am On Aug 15, 2016
Kashif:

Yes I can. What is wrong with it? PM me.

Boss, i haven't received a reply from you... Please drop your phone number here or send it to my email ( jonhubert8@gmail.com) so that I can call you.

The car misfires and jerks most of the time when I try to accelerate faster. I really need the input of a 22 pin gear box expert, I don't trust all these Ladipo guys.
Re: Please I Need Your Guidance On My 2007 Toyota Camry by Kashif(m): 10:50am On Aug 15, 2016
Mudorsis:

Boss, i haven't received a reply from you... Please drop your phone number here or send it to my email ( jonhubert8@gmail.com) so that I can call you.

The car misfires and jerks most of the time when I try to accelerate faster. I really need the input of a 22 pin gear box expert, I don't trust all these Ladipo guys.

Your misfire and jerks at higher engine load should not be coming from the transmission. You have a performance issue. If you want, I can carry out diagnostics for you.

Sent you an email.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Your Guidance On My 2007 Toyota Camry by uchcondo: 9:14am On Aug 18, 2016
Kashif:

Sent you a PM.
Kashif. Pls pls how do i reach you this morning
Re: Please I Need Your Guidance On My 2007 Toyota Camry by Kashif(m): 9:56am On Aug 18, 2016
uchcondo:

Kashif. Pls pls how do i reach you this morning

Replied your email.
Re: Please I Need Your Guidance On My 2007 Toyota Camry by cardoctor(m): 2:11pm On Aug 19, 2016
chiebube1:
Kashif, Kashif where are you? Come and help your brother please. Gazzuzz, are you sure your advice is the best in this situation cos a jerk, 2-3, is a terrible feeling

Include the fact that you may also not have Kickdown when you need to quickly accelerate.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Your Guidance On My 2007 Toyota Camry by Kashif(m): 10:08pm On Aug 19, 2016
cardoctor:

Include the fact that you may also not have Kickdown when you need to quickly accelerate.

Very correct. If there is need to do 4-3 (3-2), there will be confusion. Good spotting Cardoctor.
Re: Please I Need Your Guidance On My 2007 Toyota Camry by depair: 8:12am On Aug 20, 2016
a friend took his camry 07 to d mech a wrong atf was filled into it after draining the one der.
now the right one is put back but the performance of the gear is not effective
wat can be done
Re: Please I Need Your Guidance On My 2007 Toyota Camry by Inception(m): 9:21am On Aug 20, 2016
depair:
a friend took his camry 07 to d mech a wrong atf was filled into it after draining the one der.
now the right one is put back but the performance of the gear is not effective
wat can be done
your location? grin
Re: Please I Need Your Guidance On My 2007 Toyota Camry by depair: 5:46pm On Aug 20, 2016
ketu alapere

(1) (2) (Reply)

If You Have Any Issue With Your Volkswagen Product Let's Talk About It Here / I Need To Retrieve Radio Unlock Code For My 2003 Acura Tl / Anything wrong with Having/owning A Toyota Camry 2004 (big Daddy)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.