Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,723 members, 7,820,511 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

How A ‘coup’ Made Me CAN President, By Ayokunle - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How A ‘coup’ Made Me CAN President, By Ayokunle (490 Views)

Supo Ayokunle Tours Salvation Ministries 90,000 Seater Church, Secondary School / Ayokunle Abiodun: "A Mad Man Was Healed In Ondo Through Me" (Photos) / Supo Ayokunle Emerges As New CAN President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How A ‘coup’ Made Me CAN President, By Ayokunle by shinystar(m): 1:22pm On Jul 28, 2016
But for a mini ‘coup’ by his some of his aides, President of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Rev Dr Supo Ayokunle, would not have contested the election that bought him to power.

Ayokunle, in an exclusive interview with naijachurchnews, said one of his aides obtained the nomination form for him without his knowledge.

He explained that he deliberately refused to obtain the nomination form even after God had revealed to him in a vision that he would win the election.

The number one Christian citizen said: “I have an ecumenical officer here in the office who had been troubling me saying even if I was not going for presidency, I was qualified to run for a second term as vice president.

“He said I should submit my name. I said I was praying about it. When he saw that I was using delay tactics and the closing date was around, he went ahead and wrote the application and put my name.

He went on: “He showed it to one of my lieutenants here- Vice president Finance and Investments. They didn’t tell me they submitted it because they feared that I may stop them from submitting it so that if they had submitted and it had been accepted over there, it would be beyond me.

“So it was after they accepted it at CCN bloc and it was forwarded it to CAN that he came to ask me if I was not still going to apply again.

“I told him I was still praying about it and he said they have submitted my name. That was another thing that almost caused feud between me and him. So I said if he wanted to kill me that was how he was going to go about it without me knowing.

“And he said no, this was not about killing but they were convinced that I have something to offer but I was reluctant.

“So we started praying and I was looking for how it was going to come to pass. And the rest is history now.”

http://naijachurchnews.com/coup-made-can-president-ayokunle/

(1) (Reply)

3 Biblical Facts That (almost)everyone Gets Wrong: PART II / She Pushed Me Away, But Later Said "Sorry Sir" / "Why Did Jesus Refer To James And John As The Sons Of Thunder?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.