Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,762 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

#savemayowa Was A Scam! Family Used It To SCAM 40million Naira From Nigerians - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / #savemayowa Was A Scam! Family Used It To SCAM 40million Naira From Nigerians (854 Views)

Mayowa Ahmed Of #SaveMayowa Is Dead / Mayowa Ahmed: LUTH Releases Press Statement On #savemayowa / #SaveMayowa Is Not A Scam - Family, Nigerians Slam Linda Ikeji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

#savemayowa Was A Scam! Family Used It To SCAM 40million Naira From Nigerians by mezynaija(m): 5:20pm On Jul 28, 2016
Am still finding it hard to believe especially for the fact that i also contributed not just financially but emotionally, and in terms of the publicity . Just two days after we were all happy that Nigerians kindly donated to cancer patient, Mayowa Ahmed, for surgery she needed for ovarian cancer, According to new report which just surfaced online we learnt that Mayowa and her family scammed kind hearted Nigerians.

For real Mayowa is really sick. She truly has Ovarian cancer. She’s admitted at LUTH but she didn’t need money for surgery, because doctors had told Mayowa she was beyond treatment and no hospital in the world could treat her as she was extremely far gone. Mayowa had reached stage 4 and doctors, unfortunately, already told her family she won’t survive it and had advised them to take her home. Her family instead used her situation to raise money from Nigerians. The doctors in LUTH have also denied giving her family a medical report advising her to seek treatment abroad.

Toyin Aimakhu, who was one of those who spearheaded the fundraising, as you read this, is at LUTH right now with police officers. Some people also went to the family’s home and the place is locked up.

#SaveMayowa raised over $100k on GoFundMe and millions of Naira.

Source: http://www.jtownconnect.com/2016/07/savemayowa-was-scam-family-used-it-to.html

Re: #savemayowa Was A Scam! Family Used It To SCAM 40million Naira From Nigerians by mezynaija(m): 5:21pm On Jul 28, 2016
lalasticlala come and see scam oooh
Re: #savemayowa Was A Scam! Family Used It To SCAM 40million Naira From Nigerians by merit1988(f): 5:33pm On Jul 28, 2016
Now,this will stop kind hearted Nigerians from helping People or raising fund.too bad.
Re: #savemayowa Was A Scam! Family Used It To SCAM 40million Naira From Nigerians by ChappyChase: 5:34pm On Jul 28, 2016
Why nau, and she think she will know peace?
Re: #savemayowa Was A Scam! Family Used It To SCAM 40million Naira From Nigerians by adewumiopeyemi(m): 5:44pm On Jul 28, 2016
Now i no hw much i donate.. on this.. my 5k don go be dat..... well, GOD WILL JUDGE SHA.... cry cry cry cry
Re: #savemayowa Was A Scam! Family Used It To SCAM 40million Naira From Nigerians by photoshoot(m): 5:46pm On Jul 28, 2016
shocked

This had better not be true...
I saw the banner all over my school-unilag yesterday.
I don't want to believe this story.
Re: #savemayowa Was A Scam! Family Used It To SCAM 40million Naira From Nigerians by Juxtified(m): 6:16pm On Jul 28, 2016
I pity those who always believe these SOS scams
Re: #savemayowa Was A Scam! Family Used It To SCAM 40million Naira From Nigerians by midasbliss(f): 6:17pm On Jul 28, 2016
maybe they felt they could still raise money and save her...
Re: #savemayowa Was A Scam! Family Used It To SCAM 40million Naira From Nigerians by dominique(f): 6:47pm On Jul 28, 2016

(1)

How Can I Cure My Skin By Any Organic Skincare Treatment? / I Need A Very Effective Slimming Drug, In Place Of Jogging / Permanent Cure For Hepatitis B Virus within 90days of regular usage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.