Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,595 members, 7,958,829 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 04:19 AM

Is A School Degree Entrirely Useless Because Of High Unemployment Rate? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is A School Degree Entrirely Useless Because Of High Unemployment Rate? (515 Views)

Unemployment Fear Grows As More Nigerians Lose Jobs / See An Unimaginable Way A School Teacher Gets Additional Income. / Is A School Degree Entirely Useless Because Of High Unemployment Rate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is A School Degree Entrirely Useless Because Of High Unemployment Rate? by Edweenadubem: 9:21pm On Jul 28, 2016
Most youths in Nigeria today have lost faith in formal education because of the rate of unemployment. According to the Nigerian Bureau of Statistics, about 22 Million Nigerian youths are unemployed or underemployed. Does does really mean the value of a school degree is entirely worthless? Do you think education has no value because of the fact that you cannot get your dream job after years of graduation? Do you have the conception that a degree is supposed to give you a good paying job and success? If any of these applies to you, am here to let you know that FORMAL EDUCATION is not a key to success in life. Success in life come s from what you make of life and the sacrifice you are willing pay. I have thrown more lights on this topic in my new article - https://edweenadubemsblog.com/category/motivation/, comments are contributions are welcomed. Cheers!!!

Re: Is A School Degree Entrirely Useless Because Of High Unemployment Rate? by menxer: 9:33pm On Jul 28, 2016
If you go/went to school just for the degree to be employed instead of mental capacity and character development, you are of all men most miserable.

1 Like

Re: Is A School Degree Entrirely Useless Because Of High Unemployment Rate? by VeeBlack: 7:51pm On Aug 03, 2016
Hi I'm new to nairaland but I've reading many of the posts and find them very interesting and useful.
I'm a Nigerian but currently residing in the UK and I'm really interested to find out why unemployment and scarcity of jobs is a very critical issue in Nigeria. Can someone help me to understand what the reasons for this problem are and ways that you think may reduce / tackle this issue. I understand the government do not play a huge role in supporting this area of the country's development but are there other reasons hindering this growth?

(1) (Reply)

Accommodate For 5,000 / Ways Ofwinning The Heart Of Your Employer According To "Slyckysleezy" / How To Transit From An ‘undesired Job’ To A Desired Career

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.