Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Represent Your Title And BE You. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Represent Your Title And BE You. (471 Views)

. / Igbo Marriage And Bride Price: Put The Records Straight (Represent Your Culture) / Understanding The Eze Ndi Igbo Title And Its Importance. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Represent Your Title And BE You. by Checked86: 11:26pm On Jul 28, 2016
I don't blame any person that is happy about this news www.nairaland.com/3255421/indonesia-executes-three-nigerians-firing because we(nigerians) have lost the essence of life long ago. Before now, Nigeria respect and value life as the most invaluable thing that God has given us in common. But due to the activities of terrorism, political, and ethnic differences, we don't mind videoing the slow death of our fellow Nigerians. We value the word, "na them" more than the life of our fellow human being. But, you have to alienate 'yourself' from the title the society has given you for you to find who you are. I know the society has given you these titles: Apc member, Pdp member, Igbo man, Yoruba, Hausa, but it is just titles. WHO ARE YOU? Who are you apart from my names and titles. Did God actually created me to be against this group? One should often check what influences one's decision. Now, we don't even care when Boko haram attack our fellow nigerians because we have assumed that it is them attacking themselves. Not every woman that beats a child is the mother. It could be the aunt, neighbour or a bully. We should fight for each other as human beings that are being created to be of help to one another. I have read some comments saying that the Northern leaders impoverished 'their' region. That is political. What about humanity? Will you just leave them because they found themselves in place called North and are being led by people that they know nothing about only because they(the leaders) happened to be in the north, too? Our human essence is diminishing, even more faster than Naira against the dollar. It is time separate yourself from that title and live your lives as human beings. Let me give you my method that has helped me all this while. As an Igbo, there is this 'thing' that draws me closer to PDP. So, during Fayose and Fayemi (Ekiti) election, I was supporting Fayose with no facts. The worst was that I didn't even know him then, what he does, whether he would be accepted by the Ekiti people and I have concluded that he was the better person or the best among the contestants. But, one day, I stopped and ask myself, "why are you supporting Fayose?" I couldn't find an answer. Up till now, Fayose has not done anything reasonable for his people. People are still supporting him. Well, I support Fayose whenever he directs Buhari's government 'reasonably' but when it comes to Ekiti, I am not his fan. I didn't say you should not support a party or denounce your ethnicity(thank God I am not a good writer that can convince you for that) but do wear your human face sometimes instead of group face.

(1) (Reply)

Just Launched Recently!!! Ankara Evereywhere! / Language / See What Paypal Stated About E-commerce Shopping By Nigerians (FEATURES)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.