Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,759 members, 7,809,924 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:18 PM

How Does It Feel To Find Out That Your Parent Did Something Unforgivable? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Does It Feel To Find Out That Your Parent Did Something Unforgivable? (425 Views)

Living Under Same Roof With Inlaws……how Does It Look Like? / Grandson Did Something Shocking For Grandfather / After Her Wedding Was Canceled, A Bride’s Family Did Something Incredible! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Does It Feel To Find Out That Your Parent Did Something Unforgivable? by ItuExchange(m): 1:40am On Jul 29, 2016
I had this experience many years ago, and it was devastating to me. I have always been a daddy's girl, and we commuted together for more than a decade, so I got to know him more as a person, and less as the perfect human being. My dad died 9 years ago now, and there's not a day that goes by when I don't miss him. I never told my mom or any of my siblings about the long-term affair he had. I didn't want to hurt them, and I didn't want them to remember him for the worst thing he did, instead of all the millions of amazing things he did. Parents screw up just like everybody else. If your parent has done something that harmed another person, you should encourage him to make amends, but don't get in the middle of it. The dad you've always known is still in there - he just made a big mistake and needs to own up to that.

Many Vietnam Veterans that I know, who are in their 60’s, have spent all the rest of their life being haunted by the worst thing to ever happen to them. That is so sad to me. After your dad takes responsibility for his actions, and you've gotten to a place where you feel you can trust him again, go back to being his daughter, and try to forgive him for the one horrible thing he did.

I hope this helps. My very best wishes to you and your family,

Sally

Source: https://www.quora.com/How-does-it-feel-to-find-out-that-your-parent-did-something-unforgivable

Neteller here: www..com.ng

(1) (Reply)

Foundation Of A Happy Family / Notable Women Who Have Freed Themselves From Prison/cage Of Gender Inequality / Warren Buffett And Other Billionaires

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.