Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,257 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:07 AM

Innjoo Mobile Is Dying And It’s A Good Thing - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Innjoo Mobile Is Dying And It’s A Good Thing (601 Views)

Iphones Are Overrated, TECNO Mobile Is Better. / Tecno Mobile Is Set To Launch Its First Full-view Smartphone / Why Itel Mobile Is The Best Phone Brand In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Innjoo Mobile Is Dying And It’s A Good Thing by TechRez(m): 9:08am On Jul 29, 2016
Dubai owned OEM InnJoo may be on it’s way to extinction in Nigeria’s smartphone market after the company’s new range of devices failed to excite users.

InnJoo was one of those underdogs, elevated by the gloom of it’s InnJoo Fire, a super cheap 2GB RAM smartphone. Damn! That was too good of an offer from any OEM in Nigeria at that time.

The success was short-lived, however. The Fire smartphone itself came with a non-branded battery as well as several issues that rocked the smartphone which were not fixed in subsequent release.

In July 2015, Nigeria authorities reportedly shut down InnJoo HQ for bringing sub-standard products into Nigeria. For agencies like the Standard Organization of Nigeria, SON and NCC which are corruption ridden to clamp down on InnJoo products, it does raises an eyebrown on the authenticity of their products.

Fast-forward to 2016, when the company eventually released three smartphones, it got the hammer from Nigerians for offering “fake” products in Nigeria.

It looks like I predicted wrongly, when I over-hyped the company as the next big innovation in Nigeria smartphone markets. Today, all that has changed and we have permanently stopped reviewing their so-called phones on our platform until the company gets its act together. InnJoo is dying, it is definitely a good thing and before you cut my head for saying that; I’d let you know that such a shake up or bad omen will make them go back to the drawing board and get Nigerians something of much value. Dead or Alive, Nigerians smartphone users are in for the win.
http://www.techrez.com/innjoo-mobile-dying-good-thing/

(1) (Reply)

Neat Blackberry Q5 For Sale @13K / I Want To Be MTN Data Seller I Need Details / Glo 4g Lte Your Best Bet For Smes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.