Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,111 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:52 AM

Why Christianity Is Wrong - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Christianity Is Wrong (16313 Views)

Why Christianity And Islam Is Not Suitable For Modern Nigeria / Why Christianity Will Always Be Better Than Islam- FROM AN ATHEIST! / Why Christianity Is Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Christianity Is Wrong by belloti(m): 11:29am On Dec 07, 2006
I ve always pondered why anyone could be a christian but i thought it may look disrespectful to ask any of my christian's associates and (friends). i must also say unlike some of the blind critics of islam on this forum that employed every available negative word to insult islam and muslim, i intend to write cautiously inorder not to inadvertedly hurt the sensibility of any christian reader.

To any religious person, the existence of a supreme God has always being an unquestionable fact. Ofcourse there is God who created heaven and Earth, Plants, Animals and Angels and breath life into all of us. The merciful lord also sent His envoys to guide every set of human generations. From Adam, Solomon, David, Lot, Noah, Moses, Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Jesus and Finally Muhammadu Rasul lul lah (SAW). The sequence of creations and mystery of nature has further strenghten my faith and devotion to the One and only Supreme Creator. The miraculous creation of Adam, The Ark of Noah, The Birth of Jesus and lives of many other envoys of Allah are stark reality that there is a greater power somewhere.

Then comes faiths and religions. All these messengers of God came with the same messages; love one another, Avoid Evil, Be good neighbours, Respect each other, Glorify the Lord, etc. Surprisingly, Among these generations of human being, some group just woke up one day and say one of these messengers is God himself. He never said so and even if he said so no right thinking person should believe him. He was a human being like us having the same anatomy and physiology with us. another creation (Adam) was even more miraculous than him. There was life before him and there is still life after him. How can anyone worship this individual. He probably DIED for your sin because the Bible said " All have Sinned and come short of the glory of God,  and but i can never worship anyone that can die. it doesnt make sense to me. IBB should have started worshipping the late U. K. Bello who threw himself between IBB and the coupists bullets. And if we are all sinners we should try to avoid committing sins and seek the forgiveness of those we already committed as the righteous envoys of God admonished us.

If the Holy prophet muhammadu (SAW) said he was god, i wouldnt have worshipped him, because i knew human being can never be God. If he said he was the son of God, i would probably take it in figurative term. But there can only be one God and no one anywhere is anything to him but his servant and creation. The statues of Mary and Christ all added to the insults and ingratitude of the christendom to the gift of life and health from God. Christianity is very wrong and the sooner we understand this fact the better for our salvation. Lets all come together and worship the One that created us all.

May Almighty Lord guide and Protect us all. Amen
Re: Why Christianity Is Wrong by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 07, 2006
Is that all the defense you can muster?

Are these the only reasons why christianity is supposedly wrong? That you find it hard to understand why God could take human flesh and die for your sins?

Ok just 8 reasons why Islam MAKES NO SHRED OF SENSE!

1. When a "prophet" sleeps with a 9yr old - this does not even make sense to moralists and atheists!

2. A religion that hangs a child in a public square for having a boyfriend can not be from a "god"

3. while most other religions emphasise the love of others, Islam actively recommends that you kill your neighbors

4. No one either now or in the hedonistic fantasy land of jaannat will ever see Allah - How can you worship a "god" you will NEVER see?

5. Mohammed is a prime example of moral decadence, extreme malevolence and how not to be a prophet!

6. Oppression of the female folk is a clear sign of a religion that can not be from "god"

7. the "god" in Islam is confused. He has no idea with what he created his slaves, is unaware of where the sun sets and cannot even tell if his world is flat or round.

8. he seems to have misplaced the "original injil" he claimed to have sent and confirmed
Re: Why Christianity Is Wrong by mrpataki(m): 5:53pm On Dec 07, 2006
Could you two carry your beefs somewhere else. Guess there is gonna be a holy war between you two guys soon. Tired of seeing just you two trying to argue which of the two religions pays better.
Re: Why Christianity Is Wrong by mrpataki(m): 6:03pm On Dec 07, 2006
@ the author of this thread,
All you have is said is pratical rubbish. No point engaging words with you.
Re: Why Christianity Is Wrong by Nobody: 6:25pm On Dec 07, 2006
Christianity is wrong in bellotti's eyes because women are not debased mules as a certain prophet implied and objects of male gratification.
Re: Why Christianity Is Wrong by lauryn(f): 6:29pm On Dec 07, 2006
@ Topic
ponder some more grin
Re: Why Christianity Is Wrong by onyeozi(m): 6:31pm On Dec 07, 2006
babyosisi
      pls kindly tell me chritianity is wrong.ok,are you a christian or not
Re: Why Christianity Is Wrong by Nobody: 6:32pm On Dec 07, 2006
belloti:

I ve always pondered why anyone could be a christian but i thought it may look disrespectful to ask any of my christian's associates and (friends). i must also say unlike some of the blind critics of islam on this forum that employed every available negative word to insult islam and muslim, i intend to write cautiously inorder not to inadvertedly hurt the sensibility of any christian reader.

To any religious person, the existence of a supreme God has always being an unquestionable fact. Ofcourse there is God who created heaven and Earth, Plants, Animals and Angels and breath life into all of us. The merciful lord also sent His envoys to guide every set of human generations. From Adam, Solomon, David, Lot, Noah, Moses, Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Jesus and Finally Muhammadu Rasul lul lah (SAW). The sequence of creations and mystery of nature has further strenghten my faith and devotion to the One and only Supreme Creator. The miraculous creation of Adam, The Ark of Noah, The Birth of Jesus and lives of many other envoys of Allah are stark reality that there is a greater power somewhere.

Then comes faiths and religions. All these messengers of God came with the same messages; love one another, Avoid Evil, Be good neighbours, Respect each other, Glorify the Lord, etc. Surprisingly, Among these generations of human being, some group just woke up one day and say one of these messengers is God himself. He never said so and even if he said so no right thinking person should believe him. He was a human being like us having the same anatomy and physiology with us. another creation (Adam) was even more miraculous than him. There was life before him and there is still life after him. How can anyone worship this individual. He probably DIED for your sin because the Bible said " All have Sinned and come short of the glory of God,  and but i can never worship anyone that can die. it doesnt make sense to me. IBB should have started worshipping the late U. K. Bello who threw himself between IBB and the coupists bullets. And if we are all sinners we should try to avoid committing sins and seek the forgiveness of those we already committed as the righteous envoys of God admonished us.

If the Holy prophet muhammadu (SAW) said he was god, i wouldnt have worshipped him, because i knew human being can never be God. If he said he was the son of God, i would probably take it in figurative term. But there can only be one God and no one anywhere is anything to him but his servant and creation. The statues of Mary and Christ all added to the insults and ingratitude of the christendom to the gift of life and health from God. Christianity is very wrong and the sooner we understand this fact the better for our salvation. Lets all come together and worship the One that created us all.

May Almighty Lord guide and Protect us all. Amen

Well,for a man who has to wash his genitals,pray standing in straight lines not looking up to be heard by allah.
What else can we say??
Re: Why Christianity Is Wrong by mukina2: 6:33pm On Dec 07, 2006
Re: Why Christianity Is Wrong by onyeozi(m): 6:34pm On Dec 07, 2006
babyosisi
      pls kindly tell me chritianity is wrong.ok,are you a christian or not
Re: Why Christianity Is Wrong by onyeozi(m): 6:37pm On Dec 07, 2006
babyosisi
i see that by your sayings and words you don't know anything called worship not to talk of being a christian,right?
Re: Why Christianity Is Wrong by Nobody: 6:47pm On Dec 07, 2006
onyeozi:

babyosisi
i see that by your sayings and words you don't know anything called worship not to talk of being a christian,right?

and your point is?
Re: Why Christianity Is Wrong by onyeozi(m): 7:03pm On Dec 07, 2006
i want u to prove to me that christianity is wrong and in what way,let me know if i can join ur religion,that is even if u are into a religion
Re: Why Christianity Is Wrong by Nobody: 7:09pm On Dec 07, 2006
Onyeozi nwanne m,I'm a holy Ghost filled Christian who knows that Christ is the only way.
Ask him into your heart sincerely and He'll be there.

http://www.apostatesofislam.com/apostates/g1/draaahmed_index.htm
Re: Why Christianity Is Wrong by Nobody: 7:12pm On Dec 07, 2006
What does SAW mean?, Why do you always put it after Mohammed's name?
Re: Why Christianity Is Wrong by mukina2: 7:14pm On Dec 07, 2006
Donzman:

What does SAW mean?, Why do you always put it after Muhammad's name?

sallala alayi wasallam
Re: Why Christianity Is Wrong by Nobody: 7:16pm On Dec 07, 2006
Yeah, what does it mean in English?, Why is it there?
Re: Why Christianity Is Wrong by Oyebanji07(m): 7:58pm On Dec 07, 2006
(S.A.W) is an acronym for Arabic "Salla Allahu alaihi Wa Sallam". It means "peace be upon him", but it is used when referring to Prophet Muhammad(SAW).
Re: Why Christianity Is Wrong by Nobody: 8:03pm On Dec 07, 2006
Thanks a lot Oyebanji.

I wonder why our resident muslim, Mukina (Peace be Upon Her) didn't know that.
Re: Why Christianity Is Wrong by mukina2: 8:06pm On Dec 07, 2006
i know damn stop trying me angry grin (pbuh) is also used haaa this manure guy leave me alone .

even a small child in Islam will know that . .cuz its said after the prophet's name wink
Re: Why Christianity Is Wrong by mukina2: 8:08pm On Dec 07, 2006
Donzman i didnt see ur reply bout what t means in English cuz i cant get my unread replies . so i didnt know angry undecided
Re: Why Christianity Is Wrong by Nobody: 8:09pm On Dec 07, 2006
It's ok, Peace be Upon You and Upon Christians too I suppose!
Re: Why Christianity Is Wrong by Aggressa(m): 8:17pm On Dec 07, 2006
@Davidylan, Babyosisi,
Please guys, Belloti stated his "opinion" why he thinks Christianity is wrong. This is an opportunity to inform him why or how we know that being a disciple of Christ is the highest honour a man can have through faith in Christ; and we've become the Sons and Daughters of God by adoption and there is assurance of salvation.

@Belloti, now,,,,,,,I have itemised the main points that seem to inform your opinion, as below:
belloti:

(1) I ve always pondered why anyone could be a christianl,,,,,,,,I must also say unlike some of the blind critics of islam on this forum that employed every available negative word to insult islam and muslim,,,,,,,,,,,
(2) All these messengers of God came with the same messages; love one another, Avoid Evil, Be good neighbours, Respect each other, Glorify the Lord, etc.
(3) Surprisingly, Among these generations of human being, some group just woke up one day and say one of these messengers is God himself. He never said so and even if he said so no right thinking person should believe him. . IBB should have started worshipping the late U. K.
(4) If the Holy prophet muhammadu (SAW) said he was god, i wouldnt have worshipped him, because i knew human being can never be God. If he said he was the son of God, i would probably take it in figurative term. But there can only be one God and no one anywhere is anything to him but his servant and creation.
(5) Christianity is very wrong and the sooner we understand this fact the better for our salvation.

First, from the first point listed, it is obvious that the 'motive' for your opinion seems to be to retaliate for the negative words about Islam and muhammed on this forum. I hope you can lay that aside in order to benefit from the information you will receive. Because emotions colour reasoning. What do you understand by SALVATION? since you said 'christianity is wrong and the sooner we understand this the better for our salvation' (your words) and how do you think it is achieved and sustained. This is the crux of the matter and the "rock of offence" to you and millions of others about Jesus Christ.
Jesus Christ is not just a prophet, He is God: He asserted to this himself in various passages in the Gospels by doing  some acts that are the exclusive preserve of deity, especially forgiveness of sins. It is incorrect to say "some people just woke up one day and made him God." The taurat/torah and the old testament contained various passages in which the Lord appeared to many in what is called Theophany or Christophany, an example is when he appeared to Abraham in Genesis 15 and told him and Sarah of the coming child of promise called Isaac. He also confirmed this is New testament when he told the Pharisees that "Before Abraham was, I AM." His coming to save (i.e salvation) and to impute righteousness (i.e Justify) has been variously promised in Genesis 12 vs 3-7 and prophesied in Jeremiah 33 among others. He is the one who will take away the bondage of sin and the law; because he would lay the law of righteousness in the heart of the believer. While all the other prophet came with messages of living by the law, He came to fulfil the law. (Note muhammed is not one of them). The law stipulates goodly living, kindness, avoid evil, etc to convict of guilt of sin but that can never give Salvation. All those acts are the mere works, but you know that law can only prove guilt, not to Save. The love that God has for humanity is what manifested in Jesus Christ taking up manly nature and offer himself as a sacrifice to constantly atone for sin for those who believe. Thus he satisfies punishment that God has declared for sin by taking up the punishment and curse of sin upon himself.
In the Taurat, Deuteronomy 27:26, God says "cursed is everyone that does not do all the things written in the book of the law" but in Habakuk 2 :4 God also said the "The Just shall live by faith" (i.e salvation is not by works or by law but by faith). But Jesus took away the curse of the sin through the law by being hanged from the tree because again the taurat said in Deuteronomy 21:23 that "Cursed is everyone that hangeth on a tree." When Jesus said "I am the way, the truth and the life, no man cometh to the Father except by the Son", he is saying that there is NO OTHER route of SALVATION except through His sacrifice. It is very easy to know that salvation or righteousness cannot come by works of peity, sunnah, or law, otherwise EFCC will not need to arrest government officials in Zamfara today, or there wont be armed robbery or peadophilia etc since the law prohibits it. But sin is a human nature and the power of sin can only be broken by a power higher than that of man, God's power.
To be a Christian is to submit your life to this greater power of God through faith in the sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the Cross, and receive the Spirit of the Son of God into your heart.
Belloti, Islam is an ANATHEMA (check the meaning) because it denies the Cross or Crusifixion; the aim is to deceive you into thinking that you can achieve or sustain Salvation by human power or nature, or 'living like Muhammed' (called 'sunnah). That is a very BIG LIE. I have quoted conspicously from the Taurat/Torah about the Lordship of Jesus Christ so that you can know Jesus predates the Laws and the prophets, and when He cried "IT IS FINISHED" on the cross, the puts' the seal on the power of sin, the law or works; and that single phrase shows that Muhammed is nothing other than a LIAR and Islam as an ideology is falsehood because it seeks to portray another way to SALVATION. There is no other way but Jesus the Christ called al-Mashi i.e the messiah or saviour in the quran.
Jesus Christ was 100% man and is 100% God; just as water and steam are both 100% H2O.
Re: Why Christianity Is Wrong by ajolayo(m): 8:22pm On Dec 07, 2006
@everybody,
I do not think that this forum is meant for arguments like this. I suggest that this thread be stopped.

This argument has been on for ages so what do we intend to achieve by arguing here. everybody has his/her own opinions and these have been ingrained, very difficult to dislodge by just arguing esp in a forum like this.

I have my beliefs. To The starter of this thread, go find something else to do. and that goes to all of ya.

Get the f**k outta here.
Re: Why Christianity Is Wrong by belloti(m): 10:19am On Dec 08, 2006
I can see Havila is the only reasonable reply i ve got. i expect babyosisi to reel out something more beneficial but she opted to go with david in the now usual aggresive rethorics.

Havila, i started with a lot of regards for the christians here. my intention definitely is not to ridicule but to be better informed from the horses mouth. But your reply was basically another exercise in futility.

1. I don't believe jesus ever claimed to be God. And if he does i can't see why anyoner should have believed him knowing fully that God is much bigger than any human imagination

2. You based your arguement on some books that were never credible neither were they even sensible.

3. The dogma(check meaning too  grin ) of christianity lays a lot of emphasis on verbal proclamation, acceptance of some biblical passages, lenghthy lectures on virtues and basically nothing on any particular act of worship like salat

4. You finally close your arguement with some unsolicited insult on Prophet Muhammad (SAW or PBUH) and Islam. That was very uncomplimentary especially from someone i have some respect for
Re: Why Christianity Is Wrong by dayokanu(m): 11:48am On Dec 08, 2006
@Belloti
Xtianity is definitely wrong because
1) Jesus did not sleep with 8-9 year old which are so delicious to Moh'd ( How could anyone in his right senses have resisted those beautiful babies damsels.

2) Jesus did not kill his enemies instead he enjoined his followers to love their enemy. This is abolutely insane when Moh'd had a thrill killing infidels in their numbers

3) Jesus said love your neighbours including non xtians. That is not right when Moh'd felt the best thing to do is to kill all Kafirs.

4) Jesus was a meek man always looking for peace while Moh'd lived by the sword

5) According to Jesus,Anyman who kills anybody would go to hell unless he repents but according to Moh'd any man who kills an infidel has a brewery waiting for him and 72 virgins if female 72 studs . Can you beat that Mukina na enjoyment for you in Al janna grin[b][/b]
Re: Why Christianity Is Wrong by mrpataki(m): 11:50am On Dec 08, 2006
belloti:

I can see Havila is the only reasonable reply i ve got. i expect babyosisi to reel out something more beneficial but she opted to go with david in the now usual aggresive rethorics.

It is most obvious that you needed a high sense of correction to the slander you started out in this thread.
belloti:

Havila, i started with a lot of regards for the christians here. my intention definitely is not to ridicule but to be better informed from the horses mouth. But your reply was basically another exercise in futility.

You can force a horse to the river but never can you force it to drink of that water. With all that level of explanation to you, you are still bent on your preconcieved and highly biased notions, good luck to you.
belloti:

1. I don't believe jesus ever claimed to be God. And if he does i can't see why anyoner should have believed him knowing fully that God is much bigger than any human imagination

2. You based your arguement on some books that were never credible neither were they even sensible.

Point correction and take it straight: IT IS NOT A CLAIM THAT JESUS IS GOD INFACT HE IS GOD
Ok that tells me in your own imagination it is just too much for you to fanthom the exceeding greatness of our Lord. I pray may your eyes of understanding be opened one of these days and you will get to see the light.
Oh the BIBLE is not even credible, so it is the Quaran that is credible right? That teaches an eye for eye and a tooth for a tooth? Or that better advocates for the Sharia pratice? Mr if you could despise the word of God in such a manner then your point number 4 very well does not stand water at all.
Get a better thread and topic to start or better still just keep quiet to be enlightened the more rather than making an open display of your ignorance and you still wishing to stick to such.
Re: Why Christianity Is Wrong by mrpataki(m): 12:01pm On Dec 08, 2006
ajolayo:

@everybody,
I do not think that this forum is meant for arguments like this. I suggest that this thread be stopped.

This argument has been on for ages so what do we intend to achieve by arguing here. everybody has his/her own opinions and these have been ingrained, very difficult to dislodge by just arguing esp in a forum like this.

I have my beliefs. To The starter of this thread, go find something else to do. and that goes to all of ya.

Get the f**k out of here.

Maybe you had a deep shades on i can pardon you for that.
But if you dont have anything reasonable to say, just read on and move to the next thread. To say this forum is not meant for argument as this, is highly questionable of your intelligence(that is if there is any sef grin). At first i tought i was not going to respond to your mail, but i have come across many of your type on various thread who just keep roaming around never dropping anything meaningful rather speaking the language of the perverts. Get a focus real quick before it is too late.
Re: Why Christianity Is Wrong by dayokanu(m): 12:12pm On Dec 08, 2006
@Belloti
1) Jesus did not sleep with 8-9 year old which are so delicious to Moh'd ( How could anyone in his right senses have resisted those beautiful babies damsels.

2) Jesus did not kill his enemies instead he enjoined his followers to love their enemy. This is abolutely insane when Moh'd had a thrill killing infidels in their numbers

3) Jesus said love your neighbours including non xtians. That is not right when Moh'd felt the best thing to do is to kill all Kafirs.

5) According to Jesus,Anyman who kills anybody would go to hell unless he repents but according to Moh'd any man who kills an infidel has a brewery waiting for him and 72 virgins, if female 72 studs . Can you beat that!! Mukina and nilla na enjoyment for you in Al janna
Re: Why Christianity Is Wrong by belloti(m): 12:51pm On Dec 08, 2006
Dayokanu, i agree 100% about what Jesus said. He surely said all that and we muslims agree with him too because our Holy prophet also told us that. Do not agree with the nairaland fictitious version of Islam. We also love our neighbours and we dont kill our enemies.
Re: Why Christianity Is Wrong by fellow(m): 12:58pm On Dec 08, 2006
dayokanu:

@Belloti

5) According to Jesus,Anyman who kills anybody would go to hell unless he repents but according to Moh'd any man who kills an infidel has a brewery waiting for him and 72 virgins, if female 72 studs . Can you beat that!! Mukina and nilla na enjoyment for you in Al janna

I must say i am HIGHLY disappointed undecided on the so called christians on this forum, i think enough is enough when it come to issues of religion. We are all biased about this (PROVE ME WRONG), what the guy was only trying to put across was his views on how he thinks christianity is wrong and as christians we should tell him why we think it is right and not put up the dagger to kill him.
"You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free" but your behaviour on this thread smacks of criticisms and biasness. shocked

How then would you expect the poor guy to know the truth , HA

Father God forgive us for we have sinned and would continue to sin cheesy

Put a stop to this! angry
Re: Why Christianity Is Wrong by belloti(m): 1:14pm On Dec 08, 2006
That was exactly my point fellow and i really cant say how softly i could have said it. But am not angry with the folks here am only going to sip through what replies i can get and see how beneficial it can be

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Missing Joystick...Real Spiritual Phenomenon? or Urban Legend? / Why Does God Allow Wicked People To Prosper And Live Long? / The Homosexual, Incestual, Greedy Man Who Christians Have Portraits Of At Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.