Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,632 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

Amina Yahaya Is 2nd Female SUG Leader In A Northern Nigerian University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Amina Yahaya Is 2nd Female SUG Leader In A Northern Nigerian University (28255 Views)

Meet Zahirat Galleon, University Of Maiduguri 1st Female SUG Vice President / This Pretty Girl Emerge 2nd Ever Female SUG Leader In A Northern Nig University / UDUS Sokoto Gets 1st Ever Female SUG President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amina Yahaya Is 2nd Female SUG Leader In A Northern Nigerian University by Everfrank(m): 10:41pm On Jul 29, 2016
A 400L student at the department of English, Usmanu Danfodio University Sokoto , has emerged the new Students Union Government president of the University. Her emergence became imminent after the impeachment of the elected SUG president. Ms. Amina Yahaya is the second female student in Northern Nigeria to occupy the office of an SUG President.

About 30 years ago a front line activist and student politician, Najatu Mohammed, broke the first record and became the SUG president of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. Najatu Mohammed contested the post and won in the early 80s, breaking the record of the first female student to occupy the office in Africa.

http://provibber..com.ng/2016/07/amina-yahaya-emerges-sug-president-of.html?m=1

http://www.bbc.com/hausa/labarai/2016/07/160728_sokoto_female_sug_president?ocid=socialflow_facebook

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amina Yahaya Is 2nd Female SUG Leader In A Northern Nigerian University by HungerBAD: 10:47pm On Jul 29, 2016
Makes sense.

A Northern beauty and brain is something you can't beat. Congratulations to this beautiful black beauty,and your face is refreshingly different from the Tonto Dike I see here everyday.

Your face is as beautiful as that of Aisha Buhari (sighs).

Time to respect myself before Oga at the top is told,I am eyeing his AGBALUMO.

The North might not be as conservative as we think. For the School to even allow a female lead,in the land of the Sultanate says a lot.

Kudos to this beauty.

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amina Yahaya Is 2nd Female SUG Leader In A Northern Nigerian University by Lubixy(f): 10:50pm On Jul 29, 2016
Ok
i hope it's not just beauty,brain is included

1 Like

Re: Amina Yahaya Is 2nd Female SUG Leader In A Northern Nigerian University by dayowunmi(m): 10:50pm On Jul 29, 2016
Congratulations to her. This is change, at times its good to break the status quo. Maybe the women can do better.

3 Likes

Re: Amina Yahaya Is 2nd Female SUG Leader In A Northern Nigerian University by Everfrank(m): 10:52pm On Jul 29, 2016
What a man can do...
Re: Amina Yahaya Is 2nd Female SUG Leader In A Northern Nigerian University by fiftynaira(m): 11:20pm On Jul 29, 2016
This is good
Re: Amina Yahaya Is 2nd Female SUG Leader In A Northern Nigerian University by lilmax(m): 6:54am On Jul 30, 2016
Like you said "second" so what's there to celebrate? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amina Yahaya Is 2nd Female SUG Leader In A Northern Nigerian University by Mimisboygreat: 6:54am On Jul 30, 2016
Congrats to her. it shows that the sudents believe in what she can offer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amina Yahaya Is 2nd Female SUG Leader In A Northern Nigerian University by OVI75(m): 6:54am On Jul 30, 2016
Back word Regions.....

1 Like

Re: Amina Yahaya Is 2nd Female SUG Leader In A Northern Nigerian University by GoldenJAT(m): 6:55am On Jul 30, 2016
a level playing field.... women won't shout marginalization now! really cool
Re: Amina Yahaya Is 2nd Female SUG Leader In A Northern Nigerian University by Neduzze5(m): 6:56am On Jul 30, 2016
Okay

That's cool. Hope she doesn't lead them astray by the way. I guess this shows signs of good things to come, probably a Hillary Clinton presidency is on it's way. wink

1 Like

Re: Amina Yahaya Is 2nd Female SUG Leader In A Northern Nigerian University by Pavore9: 6:56am On Jul 30, 2016
It is a feat from such a conservative settings.
Re: Amina Yahaya Is 2nd Female SUG Leader In A Northern Nigerian University by babalonshee(m): 6:56am On Jul 30, 2016
lemme book a space
Re: Amina Yahaya Is 2nd Female SUG Leader In A Northern Nigerian University by QuotaSystem: 6:56am On Jul 30, 2016
From Danfodio graduates earning distinctions in and awards from foreign universities, to her leading the way in alternative energy research, UDUS continues to keep the beacon of excellence shining brightly.

6 Likes

Re: Amina Yahaya Is 2nd Female SUG Leader In A Northern Nigerian University by drberry(m): 6:57am On Jul 30, 2016
She don try... But sincerely, who e epp?

grin grin grin
Re: Amina Yahaya Is 2nd Female SUG Leader In A Northern Nigerian University by Kenny9ice09(m): 6:59am On Jul 30, 2016
Toh
Re: Amina Yahaya Is 2nd Female SUG Leader In A Northern Nigerian University by Nobody: 7:00am On Jul 30, 2016
C'est génial
Re: Amina Yahaya Is 2nd Female SUG Leader In A Northern Nigerian University by mostyg(m): 7:02am On Jul 30, 2016
Interesting
Re: Amina Yahaya Is 2nd Female SUG Leader In A Northern Nigerian University by Nobody: 7:03am On Jul 30, 2016
Nice one there. This is a pride to womanhood. Let's watch and see... She's going to lead very exceptionally. When beauty combines with brains, good things abound. #Alutaqueen
Re: Amina Yahaya Is 2nd Female SUG Leader In A Northern Nigerian University by Nobody: 7:03am On Jul 30, 2016
Even if she got in by default, it's still a note worthy feat.
About 30 years ago a front line activist and student politician, Najatu Mohammed, broke the first record and became the SUG president of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. Najatu Mohammed contested the post and won in the early 80s, breaking the record of the first female student to occupy the office in Africa.......
The first to achieve a feat doesn't break a record, he/she sets the record. I could have just waka pass buh seeing that we're speaking about an English major here, good english is quintessential.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amina Yahaya Is 2nd Female SUG Leader In A Northern Nigerian University by Figs(m): 7:03am On Jul 30, 2016
HungerBAD:
Makes sense.

A Northern beauty and brain is something you can't beat. Congratulations to this beautiful black beauty,and your face is refreshingly different from the Tonto Dike I see here everyday.

Your face is as beautiful as that of Aisha Buhari (sighs).

Aisha Buhari(sighs again)

Time to respect myself before Oga at the top is told,I am eyeing his AGBALUMO.
clueless comment

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amina Yahaya Is 2nd Female SUG Leader In A Northern Nigerian University by Nobody: 7:04am On Jul 30, 2016
OVI75:
Back word Regions.....
.Crimes region where Satan HQTrs is. I challenge ur region full of Pigs in human shapes to do same.

7 Likes

Re: Amina Yahaya Is 2nd Female SUG Leader In A Northern Nigerian University by oluwafestus(m): 7:04am On Jul 30, 2016
Congratulations girl
Re: Amina Yahaya Is 2nd Female SUG Leader In A Northern Nigerian University by lumzybo: 7:05am On Jul 30, 2016
Hmmmn... female sug president in a northern university? I am surprisingly shocked. Its like our brothers from the north are gradually accepting the role of women in politics.

It's a good start.
Re: Amina Yahaya Is 2nd Female SUG Leader In A Northern Nigerian University by Nobody: 7:05am On Jul 30, 2016
Everfrank:
A 400L student at the department of English, Usmanu Danfodio University Sokoto , has emerged the new Students Union Government president of the University. Her emergence became imminent after the impeachment of the elected SUG president. Ms. Amina Yahaya is the second female student in Northern Nigeria to occupy the office of an SUG President.

About 30 years ago a front line activist and student politician, Najatu Mohammed, broke the first record and became the SUG president of Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. Najatu Mohammed contested the post and won in the early 80s, breaking the record of the first female student to occupy the office in Africa.

http://provibber..com.ng/2016/07/amina-yahaya-emerges-sug-president-of.html?m=1

http://www.bbc.com/hausa/labarai/2016/07/160728_sokoto_female_sug_president?ocid=socialflow_facebook

shit! @ original poster,pls there ws one female SUG president @d federal university of Agriculture,mkd b4 dis. it was duely announced dat she ws d second female SUG president in northern Nigeria univerisity.
Re: Amina Yahaya Is 2nd Female SUG Leader In A Northern Nigerian University by 2eggs1goal: 7:06am On Jul 30, 2016
Hope her government wont be that of taking pictures, Just like our oga at the top.
Re: Amina Yahaya Is 2nd Female SUG Leader In A Northern Nigerian University by spafu(m): 7:07am On Jul 30, 2016
ok
Re: Amina Yahaya Is 2nd Female SUG Leader In A Northern Nigerian University by Nobody: 7:07am On Jul 30, 2016
Figs:
clueless comment
As in ehn, my brother sometimes you see comments on NL and the best you can do is plug in your headphones and up the volume. Truly clueless comment.
Re: Amina Yahaya Is 2nd Female SUG Leader In A Northern Nigerian University by Nobody: 7:08am On Jul 30, 2016
a woman might not be able to do half
Re: Amina Yahaya Is 2nd Female SUG Leader In A Northern Nigerian University by martineverest(m): 7:09am On Jul 30, 2016
reminds me of 'CHINELO' of UNIBEN.....she ended up becoming the biggest SUG thief in UNIBEN history

3 Likes

Re: Amina Yahaya Is 2nd Female SUG Leader In A Northern Nigerian University by hugafella(m): 7:10am On Jul 30, 2016
Shows she has a good head on her shoulders. Wait a minute! I can't find her shoulders in the picture. Where are her shoulders?
Re: Amina Yahaya Is 2nd Female SUG Leader In A Northern Nigerian University by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 7:14am On Jul 30, 2016
B____BEAUTY
B___BRAINS
B____BOLD

AREWA'S PRIDE

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

First Yorùbá Textbook Unveiled In China / UNIBEN JUPEB Aspirants 2016/2017 Let's Meet Here / Professor Arrested In Abuja For Aiding Daughter To Cheat In JAMB Exam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.