Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,214 members, 7,815,243 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

Who Has Done More? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Has Done More? (879 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Has Done More? by Praktikals(m): 5:27am On Jul 30, 2016
Yesterday made it exactly 2 weeks that granny has been on admission into UITH. I ve been the only one staying with him, cleaning the feaces, sleeping on mat, and so on (as a man o). Yesterday, my cousin (an Engnr who works with CAT) came and settle all due bills. (He also settled me as usual).
My question is has he done more than me? No hard feelings; just curious.
Re: Who Has Done More? by blaise26abj(m): 5:35am On Jul 30, 2016
Time is money. You also invest time in relationships. So both of you have tried in your respective capacity. Your granny is blessed to have both of you.

4 Likes

Re: Who Has Done More? by Nobody: 5:38am On Jul 30, 2016
LOL well to be frank and sincere with you. HE has done more than you. because you staying with her, sleeping with her changes nothing. if the bills are not paid, the doctors wont start to treat her or she might be held at the hospital till the bills are paid. Now dont tell me about your packing of feaces and the rest. for a maid or a nurse can be paid to do that. so my brother he has done more than. "I KNOW GOD SAVE LIVES BUT MONEY SUSTAINS LIFE.

1 Like

Re: Who Has Done More? by nonjebose(m): 5:46am On Jul 30, 2016
Do I perceive envy or something close to it? No need for this question. Both of you did your bit. To imagine that the guy "settled" you, and you are bringing up this? Don't do this next time

4 Likes

Re: Who Has Done More? by greatgod2012(f): 6:48am On Jul 30, 2016
What I can see from this your post @op is envy and bitterness.

Why this type of question?

Both of you have done wonderfully well according to each capability and affordability.

2 Likes

Re: Who Has Done More? by Kakamorufu(m): 7:40am On Jul 30, 2016
u done try, he too has tried. So its equal.
Re: Who Has Done More? by southernbelle(f): 9:43am On Jul 30, 2016
Praktikals:

My question is has he done more than me?[b]No hard feelings;[/b]just curious.
Really??
Re: Who Has Done More? by Joebeck(f): 11:35am On Jul 30, 2016
What a question; I can see envy in your write up, if not you wouldn't have post this question, that been said, both of you did very well, because to take care of a sick person is not an easy thing, so also is the medical bills. Please don't have any root of bitterness towards your cousin, the main thing is that both of you took care of your grandma in a different ways. Shalom.
Re: Who Has Done More? by pressplay411(m): 7:13am On Dec 11, 2016
Op is just curious. Eyin sensors and detectors, there's no malice or envy in the tone of the write up just curiousity.

Truly both of you did your bid.
But Owonikoko... Olowolayemo.
Your cousin's part was quintessential.
Re: Who Has Done More? by byvan03: 6:02pm On Dec 11, 2016
I guess you think that making money is easy , stop whinning .
Re: Who Has Done More? by Nobody: 4:24am On Dec 12, 2016
Why are you so bothered about who had done more?you tried your best for your granny,if you had the money,you'd have paid.So since you ain't rich enough to settle the bills,you shouldn't be bothered..those time you used in carrying your granny up and down,cleaning her up...I'm sure your uncle can't do that...you did your best
Re: Who Has Done More? by sisisioge: 6:25am On Dec 12, 2016
Hmmmm...

What is the real cost of the alternative you forgone to be with granny? How much is your time worth to you right now? ...this is just to answer your question.

Sleeping on hard surfaces, cleaning up someone else's mess, etc can really be daunting so I would really commend your effort. Parting with a lot of money on bills and still tipping others in this economy is a huge deal my bro. You both have done beautifully well. Pls the next time this question flashes through your mind, imagine switching roles to answer your question. Learn to be appreciative, your cousin obviously does.
Re: Who Has Done More? by Nobody: 9:06am On Dec 12, 2016
I totally understand how you feel and why you're asking this question, infact, I can relate but my case was different. but for your own sanity and self esteem, stop thinking it, you will only hurt yourself.

both of you have done equally well to be honest and your granny can never forget and will always appreciate what you've done cos it's a big deal.

cleaning poo? your cousin can't do that, I can't do that. and I believe the reason why you didn't pay the bills is cos you can't afford it. you have a good and compassionate heart, that's enough.

(1) (Reply)

Did You Know??? [pics] / Tragedy As The Facebook User's Birthday Turns To Sorrow / Nigerian Man Who Married 107 Wives Reported Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.