Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,676 members, 7,816,777 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

Can You Watch Your Partner Give Birth? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Watch Your Partner Give Birth? (2203 Views)

Lady Travels To The US To Give Birth, Dumps Husband, Gives Child Up For Adoption / Woman Who Suffered To Give Birth To A 4.2kg Baby Celebrated By Brother (Photos) / Nigerian Lady Who Was Told She Couldn't Give Birth Again, Gives Birth To Twins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Watch Your Partner Give Birth? by mizzbouqui(f): 8:21am On Jul 30, 2016
I will like my partner to be there when the time comes wink
Re: Can You Watch Your Partner Give Birth? by harrysjones(m): 8:22am On Jul 30, 2016
cool cool

1 Like

Re: Can You Watch Your Partner Give Birth? by 2eggs1goal: 8:23am On Jul 30, 2016
Will even video it self

1 Like

Re: Can You Watch Your Partner Give Birth? by youngest85(m): 8:24am On Jul 30, 2016
mizzbouqui:

Dnt worry, we shall be there coz i knw i'm nt alone

1 Like

Re: Can You Watch Your Partner Give Birth? by abbeyboy2o15(m): 8:25am On Jul 30, 2016
mizzbouqui:
nah cant stand watching the strees she pass throught even a good doctor/hospital wont allow that.

1 Like

Re: Can You Watch Your Partner Give Birth? by cornel994(m): 8:25am On Jul 30, 2016
As fr me and my body, I knw I can't stand it, maybe I will wait in d waitin room

1 Like

Re: Can You Watch Your Partner Give Birth? by mizzbouqui(f): 8:28am On Jul 30, 2016
youngest85:

Dnt worry, we shall be there coz i knw i'm nt alone
Lolsss
Re: Can You Watch Your Partner Give Birth? by youngest85(m): 8:32am On Jul 30, 2016
mizzbouqui:
Lolsss
Re: Can You Watch Your Partner Give Birth? by sanyahkod(m): 9:06am On Jul 30, 2016
Na that blood dey always fear me. If not, why not?

1 Like

Re: Can You Watch Your Partner Give Birth? by Israellb(m): 9:18am On Jul 30, 2016
maybe undecided
Re: Can You Watch Your Partner Give Birth? by Cutehector(m): 9:38am On Jul 30, 2016
Urgggh. O.y.o
Re: Can You Watch Your Partner Give Birth? by DCTrendy(m): 10:49am On Jul 30, 2016
abbeyboy2o15:
nah cant stand watching the strees she pass throught even a good doctor/hospital wont allow that.

I disagree with the last statement. Our family doctor is a good one n run his hospital well. He gave me option to come in or not into the birthing room. And I wanted to get in and watch live, but before I could return from home(went to pick something), they baby arrived.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Watch Your Partner Give Birth? by Aremu01(m): 11:16am On Jul 30, 2016
Hell No... I ll rather be behind the door... I can't bear seeing her in such agonizing pains

2 Likes

Re: Can You Watch Your Partner Give Birth? by abbeyboy2o15(m): 1:46pm On Jul 30, 2016
DCTrendy:

I disagree with the last statement. Our family doctor is a good one n run his hospital well. He gave me option to come in or not into the birthing room. And I wanted to get in and watch live, but before I could return from home(went to pick something), they baby arrived.
kudos then medical practitioner code of ethics are different from countries to eachother talking from my own little experience even with a doctor as a source of refrence.

1 Like

Re: Can You Watch Your Partner Give Birth? by jaxxy(m): 1:51pm On Jul 30, 2016
I won't bt I cud if she wants it

1 Like

Re: Can You Watch Your Partner Give Birth? by Exponental(m): 2:22pm On Jul 30, 2016
I can on her request...

1 Like

Re: Can You Watch Your Partner Give Birth? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jul 30, 2016
Mizzbouqui, are you pregnant and giving birth soon? Lol gringrin...this one that you suddenly woke up today to be asking this kind of question. gringrin.

1 Like

Re: Can You Watch Your Partner Give Birth? by mizzbouqui(f): 3:24pm On Jul 30, 2016
EmmaFantastic:
Mizzbouqui, are you pregnant and giving birth soon? Lol gringrin...this one that you suddenly woke up today to be asking this kind of question. gringrin.
Lolsss grin grin, I'm not married talkless of being pregnant
Re: Can You Watch Your Partner Give Birth? by bebe2(f): 3:29pm On Jul 30, 2016
abbeyboy2o15:

Hm??

Good doctors encourage it.

The man cuts the umbilical cord and is the first to carry the baby once it's cleaned up.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Watch Your Partner Give Birth? by Abiagirl777(f): 3:49pm On Jul 30, 2016
Hmm,don't force any man who said he won't,their emotional & psycological capability aren't the same.
Some get scared for a long tym

3 Likes

Re: Can You Watch Your Partner Give Birth? by byvan03: 3:52pm On Jul 30, 2016
Just know your spouse mental disposition before you let him into the birthing room. Some will never view that place same way after such experience.

4 Likes

Re: Can You Watch Your Partner Give Birth? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jul 30, 2016
mizzbouqui:

Lolsss grin grin, I'm not married talkless of being pregnant
Ok, so it's preparation for the future, lol gringrin.
Anyway, to answer your question, for me, it's not just a matter of "would I like to be there?", mine is: I MUST BE THERE O!gringrin . Really, it's kind of fun and has this emotional bond. I had close shaves with 1 of my elder sisters in the birth of her 3 kids especially the 1st kid (but not that they allowed me to remain inside the labour room with her).
Re: Can You Watch Your Partner Give Birth? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jul 30, 2016
Yea, I look forward to that.

1 Like

Re: Can You Watch Your Partner Give Birth? by keishablack(f): 6:42pm On Jul 30, 2016
With all the sweat, screaming, liquor, blood and even poo I say it's a no no for me. My hubby can just stay out and pray and can only come in when it's done and am properly cleaned up.

1 Like

Re: Can You Watch Your Partner Give Birth? by Swissheart(f): 7:53pm On Jul 30, 2016
Nop....won't allow him.
Re: Can You Watch Your Partner Give Birth? by TomHagen: 9:44pm On Jul 30, 2016
keishablack:
With all the sweat, screaming, liquor, blood and even poo I say it's a no no for me. My hubby can just stay out and pray and can only come in when it's done and am properly cleaned up.
Liquor for labour room?
Re: Can You Watch Your Partner Give Birth? by thorpido(m): 10:10pm On Jul 30, 2016
TomHagen:
Liquor for labour room?
Lol.grin
They allow ogogoro if that is what you need at that time.
Re: Can You Watch Your Partner Give Birth? by TomHagen: 10:12pm On Jul 30, 2016
thorpido:
Lol.grin They allow ogogoro if that is what you need at that time.
Really?
Re: Can You Watch Your Partner Give Birth? by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jul 30, 2016
when my wife wanted to give birth,mere seeing her in that labor condition made me cry like a baby..I couldn't stand it,the doctor had to ban me from the hospital..I was outside opposite the hospital crying nonstop in a friends place.

the pain was written all over her. since that day,I cherish her more..woman dey try.

if I enter the labor room with her,they it's going to be a naming,and a funeral..

I just can't even with 1billion naira prize money.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Watch Your Partner Give Birth? by Nobody: 6:31am On Jul 31, 2016
mizzbouqui:

It is good that he does so, if he can stand it. Most medically untrained men cannot, especially if it is CS. Luckily for me, all my wife's births were natural deliveries, and I attended all of them. There are very few life lessons like watching a child of yours emerging, it builds a great bond between a man and his wife and kids. One thing though, dont rave, shout and scream when giving birth if you want your husband to keep attending subsequent births.

1 Like

Re: Can You Watch Your Partner Give Birth? by Mzflow(f): 6:49am On Jul 31, 2016
I'll want him to be there,so that he can see what he has done.I will be screaming*sososo,shey ori Ise owo e* grin

2 Likes

Re: Can You Watch Your Partner Give Birth? by keishablack(f): 2:57pm On Jul 31, 2016
TomHagen:
Liquor for labour room?
Yea liquor amnii i.e amniotic fluid.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Disown My Pman Today / Are Men Really Having Low Interest In Getting Married? / I Heard Uyo Has Steady Light And I Really Want To Know Which Area.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.