Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,952 members, 7,814,229 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

Why Do Christians Fail To Obey The Ten Commandments? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Christians Fail To Obey The Ten Commandments? (552 Views)

Okorocha Tells Priests & Laity In Ahiara Diocese To Obey The Pope’s Directive / Does The New Covenant Abolish The Ten Commandments? / Why Do Christians Still Fornicate After Knowing It's A Serious Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Christians Fail To Obey The Ten Commandments? by jadeus: 1:27pm On Jul 30, 2016
Whenever I get into a conversation about morality with a Christian, they always tell me that without the Bible, people would be immoral and that the Ten Commandments are the basis of most morality. But I ask, if the Ten Commandments are the basis of morality, why don't Christians keep to all of them. I'm sure you are thinking of the laws written in Exodus 20, but those aren't the Ten Commandments. In fact, they were just laws that were spoken to the children of Israel. They were never written on stone tablets and they were never called the 'Ten Commandments'. The real Ten Commandments lie in Exodus 34 :14-26 and are listed below:

1) Do not worship any other God, for the Lord, who's name is Jealous, is a jealous God. (Exodus 34:14-16)

2) Do not make cast idols. (Exodus 34:17)

3) Celebrate the feast of the unleavened bread. (Exodus 34: 18)

4) The first offspring of every womb belongs to me ... no one is to appear before me empty handed. (Exodus 34: 19-20)

5) Six days you shall labour, but on the seventh day, you shall rest. (Exodus 34: 21)

6) Celebrate the Feast of Weeks with the firstfruits of the wheat harvest and the Feast of Ingathering at the turn of the year (Exodus 34:22)

7) Three times a year shall all your men appear before the Sovereign Lord, the God of Israel. (Exodus 34:23-24)

cool Do not offer the blood of a sacrifice to me along with anything containing yeast and do not let any of the sacrifice from Passover remain until morning. (Exodus 34:25)

9) Bring the first fruits of your soil to the house of the Lord your God. (Exodus 34:26)

10) Do not cook a goat in its mother's milk (Exodus 34: 26)

These ten laws are the basis of all morality! (According to Christians) I think the laws speak for themselves on how stupid they are.

If you don't believe me, check out the next two verses:
"Then the Lord said to Moses, 'Write down these words, for in accordance with these words I have made a covenant with you and with Israel.' Moses was there forty days and forty nights without eating bread or drinking water. AND HE WROTE THE WORDS OF THE COVENANT -- THE TEN COMMANDMENTS."

You and I know that these laws are stupid and should not be taken seriously, but according to Christians, since it is in the Bible, it is the WORD OF GOD! If so, why is it that you don't obey the Ten Commandments, the covenant between God and Israel, the real Ten Commandments.
Re: Why Do Christians Fail To Obey The Ten Commandments? by promise10: 3:02pm On Jul 30, 2016
I would like to answer your question, but I was wondering how abusive you were on your post.

If I may ask, who are you actually fighting with? Christians? Or who?

C'mon! If you want a good and resourceful response to your questions like this, just stay humble, LISTEN and then argue. Act like a literate!
Re: Why Do Christians Fail To Obey The Ten Commandments? by jadeus: 3:50pm On Jul 30, 2016
promise10:
I would like to answer your question, but I was wondering how abusive you were on your post.

If I may ask, who are you actually fighting with? Christians? Or who?

C'mon! If you want a good and resourceful response to your questions like this, just stay humble, LISTEN and then argue. Act like a literate!

OK. I stand corrected. So what's your response?
Re: Why Do Christians Fail To Obey The Ten Commandments? by Anas09: 9:29pm On Jul 31, 2016
jadeus:

OK. I stand corrected. So what's your response?
Which part of the Ten Commandments don't we obey?

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 07/08/16 / God Is Looking For Men And Women Of F-A-I-T-H / Iceland Unearths Rock To Appease Angry Elves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.