Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,932 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:02 AM

Should She Take The Offer Or Not - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should She Take The Offer Or Not (1543 Views)

kpmg Offer Or An Msc Abroad? i'm very confused / Advice Urgently Needed: Should I Consider This Job If Given The Offer? / Should I Take This $1200 Job Offer Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should She Take The Offer Or Not by Gydion(m): 5:31pm On Jul 30, 2016
Good evening,

A frd of mine has a bsc with 2nd class upper and msc which will be acquired next month.

She has 2 years working experience where she left for her msc (full time).

She just got an appointment as a financial analyst with 60k.

She believe she can get a better offer immediately after her msc next month.

The question is that she asked me if she shld take the offer or not because she has to give one month notice before she leave for another work.

What do u think?
Re: Should She Take The Offer Or Not by GentleNaaz(m): 5:44pm On Jul 30, 2016
"A bird at hand, worths more than million in the bush"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should She Take The Offer Or Not by Cutehector(m): 6:03pm On Jul 30, 2016
Look gettn an MSc doesn't automatically qualify one to get a raise. Rather the impact you have done for the company dat makes d boss to raise your salary. Since she has gotten an msc degree, what impact can she do with her masters degree to enhance the company's growth..

2 Likes

Re: Should She Take The Offer Or Not by asaju10(m): 7:07pm On Jul 30, 2016
What type of question is this? How sure is she that she's going to get something better after her MSc! In short u cert dey epp in dis country of ours these days?

1 Like

Re: Should She Take The Offer Or Not by emmanuelbrown26: 7:51pm On Jul 30, 2016
Oga i just dey laugh,
1, is she doing anything at the moment if no, she should grab it wit her two hands,
2. Wat of pocket money, if she has nobody to give her money she should do the needful
i have a cousin that got a job offer of 40k last year he didn't take the job, thinking dat his B.Sc will fetch him 200k job, upto now his just sitting at home, even though where am working the pay is too small but my dear atleast since i started the job, i can recharge card on my own, i can buy little little things on my own unlike before i hardly do anyting on my own instead i depended on my broda for everything. Infact is a hell on me then, pls i beg u in God's name tell her to start the job hence at the end of the month she can save that wat matters. If i tell u unemployees frustration u won't believe it

4 Likes

Re: Should She Take The Offer Or Not by sevantex(m): 7:53pm On Jul 30, 2016
Tell her to take the offer. the experience will be good for her even if it is short termed. She can always move on if a better offer comes along.
Gracias!
Re: Should She Take The Offer Or Not by dexcira(f): 8:50pm On Jul 30, 2016
Grab your offer now and wait for the next promo
Re: Should She Take The Offer Or Not by Kingjoel98: 10:24pm On Jul 30, 2016
I av a similar experience too..got a job a year 8months into my Msc program worth real big pay more dan urs sef n I didn't go for it..and naoo after my programm I am still truisting God for betta offer, so pls grab it oo.....n after u can easily upgrade ooo
Re: Should She Take The Offer Or Not by Originalsly: 11:25pm On Jul 30, 2016
Two of you together couldn't figure out what to do? Believe you would get a job is not the same as actually getting a job. When jobs are hard to get...always...always grab the first job. Forget about the 30 day quit notice.....do you get a 30 day notice prior to starting the new job? When you are sure the new job is yours or you begin the new job is the time you resign from the old one. In this case... when she ups her qualification..she can request equal or higher pay than the new job offer...if the new job ever calls her.
Re: Should She Take The Offer Or Not by Nobody: 12:42am On Jul 31, 2016
Gydion:
Good evening,

A frd of mine has a bsc with 2nd class upper and msc which will be acquired next month.

She has 2 years working experience where she left for her msc (full time).

She just got an appointment as a financial analyst with 60k.

She believe she can get a better offer immediately after her msc next month.

The question is that she asked me if she shld take the offer or not[b] because she has to give one month notice before she leave for another work.[/b]

What do u think?

@ 3rd bolded, relate with first bolded : every prospective employer understands that you need some notice period. This is never a problem. Thought u said she has some working experience, she should know this.
@ 2nd bolded : she believes she can get something better. If she really can have something better easily, she would have got that and not the 60k offer. Whatever happened to negotiation ?? She can negotiate her way up and see if the company can afford what she wants.
Re: Should She Take The Offer Or Not by egbaguy2: 7:31am On Jul 31, 2016
can we just get this fact right......not everyone starts big. starting from that point might just be a stepping stone to bigger job. 60k job in this tight economy is even a luxury.....times re hard ooooo.
Re: Should She Take The Offer Or Not by Gydion(m): 1:27pm On Jul 31, 2016
Thank you all
Re: Should She Take The Offer Or Not by Cutehector(m): 12:19pm On Aug 01, 2016
dexcira:
Grab your offer now and wait for the next promo
here is the link to the voting thread. please vote falconey. thanks so much.
https://www.nairaland.com/3261218/mr-nairaland-contest-2016-elimination/12

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Job Invite..are Are Real? / Who Else Got This Invite? / Interview Message From ARM Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.