Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,947 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

kpmg Offer Or An Msc Abroad? i'm very confused - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / kpmg Offer Or An Msc Abroad? i'm very confused (2157 Views)

Will You Accept This Job Offer Or Turn It Down To Travel Abroad / Will You Receive A 25k Salary With An Msc Degree Because You Can't Get Job? / Accept This Job Offer Or Continue Job Hunting??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

kpmg Offer Or An Msc Abroad? i'm very confused by kes4glory(m): 10:20am On Jul 12, 2018
I got an offer from kpmg and recently got a scholarship to study in Britain 4 msc, i am a acca holder, what should i do?
Re: kpmg Offer Or An Msc Abroad? i'm very confused by eezeribe(m): 10:21am On Jul 12, 2018
This is exactly the opposite of being between the Devil and the deep blue sea..
Op is actually between God and paradise...
Any choice you make would just be fine...
END OF DISCUSSION.
Re: kpmg Offer Or An Msc Abroad? i'm very confused by Andy2274: 10:48am On Jul 12, 2018
To me, just take up the job. Assuming it's it's USA or CANADA or AUSTRALIA or GERMANY that you are going for the scholarship I would have advised you to go because some people I know that went for masters in UK find it difficult to get job there or stay there to work. They will come back to Nigeria looking for job but the ones I know that did their masters in US, Canada, Australia and Germany easily get job over there and most of them even settle down there easily. Depending on what you want. If you are staying back after your masters or coming back to Nigeria. But if I am in your position and the kpmg job is ok, I will take the job except my masters degree is in the countries I earlier mentioned aside UK then I will go. My opinion though..

16 Likes

Re: kpmg Offer Or An Msc Abroad? i'm very confused by somito121(m): 10:53am On Jul 12, 2018
I personally will advice you to take up the kpmg offer if it is a reasonable one and leave the master's programme. But if you know you will get a job immediately after completing the master's programme then you can go for it.
Its as simple as that.

1 Like

Re: kpmg Offer Or An Msc Abroad? i'm very confused by mysticgal(f): 11:01am On Jul 12, 2018
I feel you should take the kpmg offer and prolly defer both the SCHOLARSHIP and admission if possible. On the other hand, follow your guts.

1 Like

Re: kpmg Offer Or An Msc Abroad? i'm very confused by DAramis: 12:35pm On Jul 12, 2018
Go for scholarship.

Try and see if you can get study leave without pay from the company.

4 Likes

Re: kpmg Offer Or An Msc Abroad? i'm very confused by JARUSHUB: 1:11pm On Jul 12, 2018
kes4glory:
I got an offer from kpmg and recently got a scholarship to study in Britain 4 msc, i am a acca holder, what should i do?

Hello Kes4glory,

Congrats on your offer from both organisations.

However, certain questions will need answers. The school you intend pursuing your MSc, is it in the top ten in the UK (ARWU, QS & THE rankings)? What discipline are you pursuing? Your years of experience? Your future plans? Do you intend relocating from Nigeria sometime in the future? The probability of getting a job after studies is tough anywhere, let alone in a country where students are expected to return to their various countries immediately they are done with studies.

On the other hand, you have an ACCA and an offer from one of the Big4. Is it entry level or experienced? Whatever the position, is there anything more you can ask for? What is needed of you is to think over the situation and ask yourself: Where do I want to be in 3 -5 years time from now? What do I intend doing?

But note: Admission can come later, the job; however, cannot wait for long.

These articles might further aid your decision making process:

Job offer dilemma: KPMG or McKinsey & Company?

NNPC or Big4 firm?

Dangote Cement or Ajaokuta Steel?

PwC or Major power firm?

Best of wishes in your decision making. smiley

1 Like

Re: kpmg Offer Or An Msc Abroad? i'm very confused by chloride6: 3:03pm On Jul 12, 2018
UK Masters?

grin grin grin grin

Na Masters be that?

1 Like

Re: kpmg Offer Or An Msc Abroad? i'm very confused by mimicue(f): 3:07pm On Jul 12, 2018
Please take the job , but if u have offer waiting for you after masters you can go?

But my advice is take the job
Re: kpmg Offer Or An Msc Abroad? i'm very confused by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 12, 2018
Take the job. You can work for a while gain sow years of experience then use that to get a PR in Canada. If your MSc was to be done in countries like Australia, US or Canada I would have suggested you go for it but Uk, baba forget it.
Re: kpmg Offer Or An Msc Abroad? i'm very confused by kes4glory(m): 5:55pm On Jul 12, 2018
I will continue the job with kpmg. enrol for an MBA at lagos business school and then register for CFA. Thanks guys

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: kpmg Offer Or An Msc Abroad? i'm very confused by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jul 12, 2018
You better take the job ooo. I know 3 people that have their abroad masters degree certificate rotting in their files and are still on nairaland looking at job vacancy ads except you are sure of something coming back
Re: kpmg Offer Or An Msc Abroad? i'm very confused by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jul 12, 2018
Doing MSC abroad is no longer a big deal again. A lot of those that did it return back and find it difficult to get a job.

Take up the Job and do your MSC in Nigeria with time you can be going there for holidays.
Re: kpmg Offer Or An Msc Abroad? i'm very confused by Gerrard59(m): 10:53pm On Jul 12, 2018
Justnora:
Doing MSC abroad is no longer a big deal again. A lot of those that did it return back and find it difficult to get a job.

Take up the Job and do your MSC in Nigeria with time you can be going there for holidays.

Firstly, I'm hope you don't mean working with KPMG and undergoing his MSc program concurrently? shocked

Going for holidays? Have you asked him whether he desires to stay put in Nigeria forever? No be people dey resign from N1M jobs per month and relocate to Canada? shocked

OP needs to ask himself questions and answer them holistically. To me, the KPMG offer is the best. Where I'll consider the MSc is IF it's in a top four UK university.

Otherwise, stay back and let's vote Buhari. grin

kes4glory:
I will continue the job with kpmg. enrol for an MBA at lagos business school and then register for CFA. Thanks guys

The last time I heard about triple combo was during a research on ulcer. This is another example.

2 Likes

Re: kpmg Offer Or An Msc Abroad? i'm very confused by Nobody: 5:24am On Jul 13, 2018
Gerrard59:

Firstly, I'm hope you don't mean working with KPMG and undergoing his MSc program concurrently? shocked

Going for holidays? Have you asked him whether he desires to stay put in Nigeria forever? No be people dey resign from N1M jobs per month and relocate to Canada? shocked

OP needs to ask himself questions and answer them holistically. To me, the KPMG offer is the best. Where I'll consider the MSc is IF it's in a top four UK university.

Otherwise, stay back and let's vote Buhari. grin

The last time I heard about triple combo was during a research on ulcer. This is another example.

Like you said 1million job. They have enough money to settle anywhere.

Forget all the hype when you go abroad it is not easy for a black man talk more of African then Nigerian on top.
Re: kpmg Offer Or An Msc Abroad? i'm very confused by phemmyfour: 5:55am On Jul 13, 2018
kes4glory:
scholarship no dey wait for people o. Kpmg is always there waiting for you
Re: kpmg Offer Or An Msc Abroad? i'm very confused by ednut1(m): 6:02am On Jul 13, 2018
take the job abeg, Uk masters means u would come back home after the whole shit
Re: kpmg Offer Or An Msc Abroad? i'm very confused by Venerable612(m): 10:48am On Jul 13, 2018
Andy2274:
To me, just take up the job. Assuming it's it's USA or CANADA or AUSTRALIA or GERMANY that you are going for the scholarship I would have advised you to go because some people I know that went for masters in UK find it difficult to get job there or stay there to work. They will come back to Nigeria looking for job but the ones I know that did their masters in US, Canada, Australia and Germany easily get job over there and most of them even settle down there easily. Depending on what you want. If you are staying back after your masters or coming back to Nigeria. But if I am in your position and the kpmg job is ok, I will take the job except my masters degree is in the countries I earlier mentioned aside UK then I will go. My opinion though..

You made a lot sense!
Re: kpmg Offer Or An Msc Abroad? i'm very confused by dipsyn: 11:31am On Jul 13, 2018
In my own opinion I advice you to take the MSc reasons below

!. KPMG recruits every year and with your ACA wont be difficult to get a job even if you return to Nigeria
2. I think its easier to get a KPMG, PWC job as against getting a fully funded scholarship, so the scholarship offer is a golden one except you feel the other way round
3. MSc gives you an edge entering a multi-national in the nearest future as you can't work with the AFDB, UNICEF of this world without an MSc and also in the long run for senior management roles
4. International Experience and Exposure in the UK is not bad if you still young

If you said you got a job in Shell, Mobil and the likes my advice would have been different but for KPMG, with an ACA and MSc getting it back would be the least of your problems and note in the UK if you chartered and you apply early enough to KPMG UK or any of the big 4 they do sponsor Working Visa...I think application is always open from October to early Jan for those that need visa sponsorship

All the best

1 Like

Re: kpmg Offer Or An Msc Abroad? i'm very confused by dipsyn: 11:39am On Jul 13, 2018
Forgot to add, except the scholarship can be conveniently moved by a year...then you can willingly eat your cake and have it, but if one has to go completely for another me would let KPMG go.

And I think once you have passed KPMG Nigeria test you might not have to re-write again if your return (but please confirm that)

(1) (Reply)

How I Became Lotto Nigeria Sub-agent / Chevron Employment : / CBN Calling!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.