Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

I Have Nine Years Before Menopause – Halima Abubakar - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Have Nine Years Before Menopause – Halima Abubakar (47243 Views)

Joselyn Dumas And John Dumelo Dated For 2 Years Before They Broke Up / Halima Abubakar Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction As She Steps Out Without Bra / Halima Abubakar Celebrates With Boobs Flaunting Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Nine Years Before Menopause – Halima Abubakar by HungerBAD: 7:27am On Jul 31, 2016
In a swift reaction to the mounting criticism that trailed her online ‘revelation’ penultimate week that she was looking forward to losing her ‘virginity’ and having kids, sultry Nollywood actress, Halima Abubakar, has lashed out at what she calls the negative stereotype of women in the make-believe industry.

In a chat with Sunday Scoop, Abubakar was unapologetic about her hugely controversial claim of being ‘a virgin’ and took a swipe at doubting Thomases.

“Why would people become annoyed because I said I am a virgin? Just because I’m in the industry does not mean I am badly behaved. Not everyone is sexually active. You can have a boyfriend and not be sexually active. The reaction I got shows the mentality of the people. If I say I’m a virgin, I am and if I say I am not, then I am not. They tell me to go get married, should I go after someone else’s husband?,” she said.

Abubakar added, “Everybody thinks one should get married from age 18. A lot of marriages are complicated. Marriage will come when it will come, one doesnt need to force it. People are getting divorced with pregnancies because they got married under pressure. We should let people be. People are saying if you are not getting married, go and get kids because menopause is approaching.

What kind of thing is that? Is it your menopause? I still have about nine years before I hit menopause all things being equal. I am not one of those people that will kill themselves because of marriage. I can’t have kids outside marriage.”

http://punchng.com/nine-years-reaching-menopause-halima-abubakar/

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Have Nine Years Before Menopause – Halima Abubakar by mamaafrik(m): 7:35am On Jul 31, 2016
Whenever you see any cute lady finding it hard to tether a guy for marriage check HER ATTITUDE,whenever you see any cute guy finding it hard to get a lady check HIS POCKET. #QOUTEMEANYWHERE.

302 Likes 21 Shares

Re: I Have Nine Years Before Menopause – Halima Abubakar by ikbnice(m): 7:36am On Jul 31, 2016
She is who she claims she is, so what's my business. If she choose to go on the part of celibacy, it's her life. If she opt to remain single for the rest of her life, who cares. I don't know why people can't just stop poking their nose into the life of celebrities.

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Have Nine Years Before Menopause – Halima Abubakar by hungryboy(m): 7:43am On Jul 31, 2016
At the end of the day, it's her life, her business.
Whether you choose to marry or stay single, that won't bring down the price of kerosene or make garri as cheap as it used to be

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Nine Years Before Menopause – Halima Abubakar by Nobody: 7:46am On Jul 31, 2016
Eight years from now, she will be like, i have one year b4 reaching menopause. smh dumb dumb dumb dumb woman.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Nine Years Before Menopause – Halima Abubakar by saintkel(m): 8:08am On Jul 31, 2016
She is a virgin, cossy is too, y not, they all r virgins. Nonsense!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Have Nine Years Before Menopause – Halima Abubakar by harrysjones(m): 8:10am On Jul 31, 2016
cool cool
Re: I Have Nine Years Before Menopause – Halima Abubakar by veekid(m): 8:37am On Jul 31, 2016
Dey der dey mumu yourself

2 Likes

Re: I Have Nine Years Before Menopause – Halima Abubakar by Konkoshia(f): 8:40am On Jul 31, 2016
When will you now marry?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Nine Years Before Menopause – Halima Abubakar by DrLee(m): 8:41am On Jul 31, 2016
See advertisement o.
Anyways ,we don't care kiss

3 Likes

Re: I Have Nine Years Before Menopause – Halima Abubakar by legendarystar: 8:41am On Jul 31, 2016
how e take concern me, her virginity don solve who problems a beg make she swerve.
Re: I Have Nine Years Before Menopause – Halima Abubakar by legendsilver(m): 8:41am On Jul 31, 2016
Good for her

1 Like

Re: I Have Nine Years Before Menopause – Halima Abubakar by Mimisboygreat: 8:41am On Jul 31, 2016
Hehehehehehehehehehehe.... i don talk dis thing before and i go still talk am again. halima abubakar no be vir to talk of gin! she dn break pass ceramic plate like dis o. abeg make somebody tell am say she dey deceive herself.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Nine Years Before Menopause – Halima Abubakar by tukdi: 8:42am On Jul 31, 2016
Who cares! Gerrara here! Foolish attention seeker!
Re: I Have Nine Years Before Menopause – Halima Abubakar by rawtouch: 8:42am On Jul 31, 2016
Nine years is just like tomorrow
Re: I Have Nine Years Before Menopause – Halima Abubakar by Forzap: 8:42am On Jul 31, 2016
Ashana dey claim V undecided undecided
Re: I Have Nine Years Before Menopause – Halima Abubakar by Icecomrade: 8:43am On Jul 31, 2016

Halima
I feel your pain. You must also realise that this is Africa. Our expectations from women are different.

A woman is expected to get married and have kids at a certain age. 9 years to menopause is counting already. You no get time again o
When she doesn't it's viewed as an anomaly.

Do not blame people putting on under pressure so much, because you drew attention to your set with your " I am still a Virgin" publicity.

You can still be one without making noise about it.

Final sex is really sweet if I may use the word. You ve been missing a lot.

Please get marriage quickly and start banging. Thank me later when realize u ve missed a lot.

14 Likes

Re: I Have Nine Years Before Menopause – Halima Abubakar by holluphemydavid(m): 8:43am On Jul 31, 2016
Even Maheeda, Afro candy and cossy are all virgins smh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Nine Years Before Menopause – Halima Abubakar by Nobody: 8:43am On Jul 31, 2016
Its none of my business cry

2 Likes

Re: I Have Nine Years Before Menopause – Halima Abubakar by cruz419(m): 8:43am On Jul 31, 2016
My dear ur lonely admite it stop painting ur virginity in our face no body gives a bleep about iit,, at list not me

2 Likes

Re: I Have Nine Years Before Menopause – Halima Abubakar by wayne4loan: 8:43am On Jul 31, 2016
..Chai, Buhari have finished these country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have Nine Years Before Menopause – Halima Abubakar by amclimax(m): 8:43am On Jul 31, 2016
who cares... NFCS cares.... put yourself up for olx.... buyer must dey

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Nine Years Before Menopause – Halima Abubakar by tetula123(m): 8:45am On Jul 31, 2016
Wonder y she announced she was a virgin in d first place...

2 Likes

Re: I Have Nine Years Before Menopause – Halima Abubakar by passionate88: 8:45am On Jul 31, 2016
Actresses and lais
Re: I Have Nine Years Before Menopause – Halima Abubakar by LydayBobo(m): 8:45am On Jul 31, 2016
Lakiriboto
Re: I Have Nine Years Before Menopause – Halima Abubakar by Damfostopper(m): 8:46am On Jul 31, 2016
Biitches n stewpidity.... Wetin concern me

2 Likes

Re: I Have Nine Years Before Menopause – Halima Abubakar by yjgm(m): 8:48am On Jul 31, 2016
Hmmm. And she sees it as an achievement?. I wouldn't have commented if not for the fact that she brought it to public domain. Her life, her virginity. Park well Halima!

2 Likes

Re: I Have Nine Years Before Menopause – Halima Abubakar by Nobody: 8:48am On Jul 31, 2016
Una don hear am
If she says she's a vahgin, she is
And if she says she's not a vahgin, then she's not
Now make una STFU and mind una business grin

1 Like

Re: I Have Nine Years Before Menopause – Halima Abubakar by nicetime: 8:49am On Jul 31, 2016
Re: I Have Nine Years Before Menopause – Halima Abubakar by Mobi47(m): 8:49am On Jul 31, 2016
mamaafrik:
Whenever you see any cute lady finding it hard to tether a guy for marriage check HER ATTITUDE,whenever you see any cute guy finding it hard to get a lady check HIS POCKET. #QOUTEMEANYWHERE.
I love this,,,,,3 gboza for u

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Nine Years Before Menopause – Halima Abubakar by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 31, 2016
She might be a Virgin truly...... One Nairalander should volunteer and marry this lady na

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Banky W And Adesua Etomi With Their Parents At Their White Wedding / Aishwarya Rai Or Preity Zinta / Davido Enters The Stage From Above At His "City Of David" Concert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.