Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,102 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

#savemayowa: We Won’t Stop Raising Money, Say Entertainers - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / #savemayowa: We Won’t Stop Raising Money, Say Entertainers (396 Views)

Linda Ikeji Apologises Over #savemayowa + Twitter Naija Slams Her Over Apology / Lindaikeji Vs #savemayowa Campaign / #savemayowa Was A Scam! She Was Sick But Beyond Treatment. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

#savemayowa: We Won’t Stop Raising Money, Say Entertainers by Jahelastic(m): 2:08pm On Jul 31, 2016
Last Monday, popular actress, Toyin Aimakhu posted a video on her Instagram asking people to help raise fund for  cancer patient, Mayowa Ahmed.

She contacted some of her colleagues and they spoke with one voice. They were all over social media begging people to donate whatever they could. In a rare display of compassion and solidarity by Nigerians,  over N32m was raised.

However, the joy that followed was cut short when news filtered into town that the fundraising was not transparent leading to the involvement of the police.

Some of the celebs involved spoke to Sunday Scoop and said the controversy would not stop them from raising money for others in similar situation.

Actress Kate Henshaw, said the development would not stop her from helping those in need. “I will continue raise money for those who need it. I am dealing with a case already and  I will not stop. Can one apple spoil the whole bunch? For instance, a case I am dealing with, Michael (another Nigerian Kate helped raised money for), we are transparent and holding a press conference to keep people updated,” she said.

Another actress, Mercy Aigbe, said she would not desist from assisting those in need adding that such a process must be transparent. “It won’t stop me from helping others. As known faces, we need to be careful before we get involved in anything. We need to do a background check and other necessary things. People should not be in a hurry to castigate Toyin because  she had no sinister motive when she decided to champion the cause. I got involved because of her; I don’t know what the true state is now. It is just unfortunate, but it won’t stop me from helping people when I can,” she said.

http://jahelastic..com.ng/2016/07/savemayowa-we-wont-stop-raising-money.html?m=0

Re: #savemayowa: We Won’t Stop Raising Money, Say Entertainers by Nobody: 2:02am On Aug 01, 2016
The people who complain saying it was a scam see no wrong when their pastors use donations to buy the latest cars and private jets; hypocrisy.
Good thing entertainers see no problem with saving/elongating a fellow human's life. May their good actions see commendation in form of donations.

(1) (Reply)

FG Bans Conference Souvenirs To Cut Cost. / "God Is" (4) / FG Subsidises Pilgrims With N7.9bn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.