Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Water Spilled On My Laptop - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Water Spilled On My Laptop (1303 Views)

I Mistakenly Spilled Water On My Laptop-see How To Fix It / I Forgot My Laptop Password / How To Resolve Liquid Spilled On Computers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Water Spilled On My Laptop by MotherOfDragons(f): 6:36pm On Jul 31, 2016
Small amount poured on mi laptop while bathing
it is switching on but the screen is blank,i tried putting it in the sun but the sun has not helped

does it need repair or will it be fine?
Re: Water Spilled On My Laptop by UrWorstNitemare: 7:14pm On Jul 31, 2016
undecided D niqqa above me tho...
Re: Water Spilled On My Laptop by MotherOfDragons(f): 7:44pm On Jul 31, 2016
UrWorstNitemare:
undecided D niqqa above me tho...
you can say that again
Re: Water Spilled On My Laptop by Donald3d(m): 8:26pm On Jul 31, 2016
MotherOfDragons:
Small amount poured on mi laptop while bathing
it is switching on but the screen is blank,i tried putting it in the sun but the sun has not helped
does it need repair or will it be fine?
The first mistake u made was turning it on,
Let's try this,it would take a while and work (that's if turning it on has not done more damage )
I am assuming u are an everyday user(not so techy ) so this would be easy
1.Remove the battery
2.If you have a bag of rice ,stick the laptop into it ,pls close the lid first .
3.Leave it there for about 24 - 48 hours depending on how much water spilled.
I know it sounds crazy,
The science here is ,rice has the ability to absorb moisture pretty fast.
I hope this works for you
And pls next time water pours on any of your electronics or device do this :
1.Cut off any source of power ,battery or NEPA
2.Almost like number one ,remove batteries(I had to re-emphasize)
3.If is a small device ,remove as many covers as you can ,phone jackets, pouches,the back cover etc ,and stick it in a large quantity of (uncooked rice-i didn't specific before no I am doing so) for about 24 to 48,hours
4.Before trying to boot up or replace battery or power cords, try to twist and turn for any physical appearance of water or moisture
5.If you notice moisture or water,DONT try to switch it on ,a short circuit may occur or wires/components that are not supposed to be in contact may be bridged ,and u may receive electric shock or die (seriously )
6.Its always best to call a professional to check out your devices when such occurrences takes place ,what I listed above is what I call "FIRST AID"

I hope it helps
Modified : Never put your electronics in the Sun EVER,if ur laptop has an LCD screen it may be permanently damaged ,LCD (Liquid Crystal Display), can be easily damaged by sunlight ,the sun(ultraviolet rays) would make the chemicals deteriorate.

Modified again:I just read and saw all the grammatical blunders autocorrect did to me ,I won't change it *winks*

2 Likes

Re: Water Spilled On My Laptop by Lexusgs430: 11:31pm On Jul 31, 2016
Water poured on it while bathing? You took ur laptop into the bathroom?

1 Like

Re: Water Spilled On My Laptop by Nobody: 1:42am On Aug 01, 2016
Take it to a technician(engineer, whatever they call themselves) so he'd dismantle everything and set them to dry.
Re: Water Spilled On My Laptop by Lexusgs430: 5:27am On Aug 01, 2016
charix:
Take it to a technician(engineer, whatever they call themselves) so he'd dismantle everything and set them to dry.

Not forgetting opening laptop up and turning upside down. But that sun she exposed it to would have done more damage than good.
Re: Water Spilled On My Laptop by Lexusgs430: 5:28am On Aug 01, 2016
Which is why I love laptops with drip holes. It minimizes the damage of fluid contamination.
Re: Water Spilled On My Laptop by bright1985: 11:41am On Aug 01, 2016
We need to wish it
Re: Water Spilled On My Laptop by MotherOfDragons(f): 12:02pm On Aug 01, 2016
Lexusgs430:
Water poured on it while bathing? You took ur laptop into the bathroom?
yes lala,i was using it to listen to music while bathing
Re: Water Spilled On My Laptop by Lexusgs430: 12:43pm On Aug 01, 2016
MotherOfDragons:
yes lala,i was using it to listen to music while bathing

What an expensive listening pleasure it eventually turned into.
It needs a technicians operating table,for proper diagnosis for possible repair or salvage.

(1) (Reply)

Acer Mini Laptop For Sale!!! / Where Can I Get These Computer Softwares Online (free) / My Computer Give Me Delete Option Always.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.