Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,174 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:29 PM

Is It Wrong For A Guy To Bear A Female Name? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Is It Wrong For A Guy To Bear A Female Name? (607 Views)

"It’s Sign Of Inferiority Complex For Africans To Bear European Names" – Reno Om / Is It Wrong To Have An Ingo And Yoruba Name?? / Why Is She Doing This? Or Am I Wrong For Feeling This Way? Is It A NAIJA Ting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong For A Guy To Bear A Female Name? by Danielnino00(m): 9:20pm On Jul 31, 2016
Good evening Nairand,there is an issue bothering my mind and I need ur opinion on it. I have a Friend (a guy) who bears the name "Mojisola" and whenever he tells people,yorubas in particular that his name is Mojisola they would ask questions like "are you a girl"? " why are you bearing a female name"? My friend is getting uncomfortable with it and is considering changing his name to his baptism name. I'd like to know if there is anything wrong in a guy bearing a female name. is it some kind of taboo??
Re: Is It Wrong For A Guy To Bear A Female Name? by hemartins(m): 9:25pm On Jul 31, 2016
Names are grouped into male and female genre.
But some names are unisex. Eg, Bola, favour, Shola etc.

Names that are obviously feminine shouldn't be given to the opposite sex and vice versa.
Else you would live the remaining of your life trying to explain awkward questions.

Op how would you react if a pretty lady tell you that her name is John?

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For A Guy To Bear A Female Name? by Cutehector(m): 9:30pm On Jul 31, 2016
No its actually a good thing. Infact if the woman is the breadwinner den I see no reason why he shouldn't answer her name...
Re: Is It Wrong For A Guy To Bear A Female Name? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Aug 01, 2016
No need changing his name now,he should reserve the Mojisola for official matters only and tell people his name is Siola,Jisola or sola.simple as that.
Re: Is It Wrong For A Guy To Bear A Female Name? by izzou(m): 11:36pm On Aug 01, 2016
Your friend like wahala sef

Why not tell people your baptismal name instead?

Its not appropriare for a guy to bear a lady's name.

(1) (Reply)

Check Out This Lady And Her Nigeria - Inspired Outfit / VIDEO: Oba Of Lagos 'disgraces' Ooni Of Ife In Public / Diabetes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.