Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,749 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Why Nigerians Abroad Fail To Visit/return To Their Father Land - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Nigerians Abroad Fail To Visit/return To Their Father Land (988 Views)

Why Nigerians Are Stranded In Russia After Being Scammed By Fraudsters / Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home / Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigerians Abroad Fail To Visit/return To Their Father Land by djyoungmoney(m): 11:08pm On Jul 31, 2016
We all have at least one family or Friend who is currently abroad, they might have been there for years or a couple of months for some. But there is this issue of why some of them don’t ever want to visit Nigeria their native land again. Well I complied some reasons which I feel is the cause of this.

They have started a new family
One of the major reasons why Nigerians travel to any other countries outside Nigeria is because they want become citizens.one of the fastest and safest ways is to get married to a citizen of that country. In the process of doing so they might have lied to the wife they left at home that they are single and just hoping they get the citizenship in other ways or they might have lied to the other new wife they weren’t married or had even given birth back at home. Travelling back home they know might expose them and make them loose on both ends so they always decide to stay back abroad.

Living a Fake life
Some Nigerians living abroad will even go to the extent of telling you they eat breakfast, lunch and dinner with the president of that country they are in and all other sort of lies just to make them look rich and comfortable to the people they left behind at home (Nigeria).In the real sense, believe me life isn’t even easy for them. Even an individual that’s living in Nigeria is better off. When the time comes for them to come home they tend to come up with stories about why they can’t come home but in the real sense they just haven’t become successful like they claimed.

Fear of Spiritual Attack and Assassination
The average Nigerian Believes once your status has been elevated a little then there is a threat to your life either spiritually or physically. Nigerians living abroad are not left out on this believe too and as a result they tend to have a rethink on visiting their native land due to the fear of Assassination or spiritual attack. Even the ones that eventually visit move around with entourages bigger than that of our president lool.

Scammed someone close to them
A family member or friend might have sent them some money to help in purchasing a car or some other things but they have scammed this family member or associate or close friend and didn’t purchase anything. Am sure you know an individual like that will have to think twice before he leaves that foreign land to visit Nigeria because of fear or repercussion of what he has done.

Fear of starting new challenge
Starting up something afresh can be more difficult than imagined. Some Nigerians have spent years abroad and have settled into that country they are. The fear of returning home to start another life sometimes discourages them to eventually come back.

Said bye to the stressful life
Na who no like better thing? We have to be honest, things are very hard and stressful in the country right now. Some of the people who have traveled out seem to be enjoying the quite easy and stress free life, even if for constant power supply alone. The thoughts of coming back to face the hassle and bustle of things around here will I must say scares them and so they tend not to even come around at all.

Lost Hope in Nigeria
Some Nigerians have traveled and have seen the better side of life and for reasons known to them, they think it’s totally impossible for their home country to attain the level which the country they are in now have achieved and so they totally forget about returning home .

Feel free to add yours
Culled from http://www.gistquaters.com/2016/07/why-some-nigerians-abroad-fail-to-visit.html
Re: Why Nigerians Abroad Fail To Visit/return To Their Father Land by Cutehector(m): 11:11pm On Jul 31, 2016
To receive quality education

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerians Abroad Fail To Visit/return To Their Father Land by harrysjones(m): 11:14pm On Jul 31, 2016
cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Abroad Fail To Visit/return To Their Father Land by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jul 31, 2016
incase lala answer our call..

op this is Africa.. Nigeria precisely. . them never call u from village before. . pray make them no remember to use ya picture do handfan..

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Abroad Fail To Visit/return To Their Father Land by callmelanner(m): 11:17pm On Jul 31, 2016
Cutehector:
To receive quality education
Hian! shocked Will they be receiving quality education for the rest of their lives?
Some people sef grin grin
Re: Why Nigerians Abroad Fail To Visit/return To Their Father Land by Teniolasmart: 11:17pm On Jul 31, 2016
I have not been there yet so i dont know what to say..........i am going there(America) very soon ......

Please guys.incase this topic reach frontpage................................help me hit d like button cos i have neva had more than 4 likes on nairaland.......

Edakun help mesmiley

8 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Abroad Fail To Visit/return To Their Father Land by callmelanner(m): 11:18pm On Jul 31, 2016
smithsydny:
incase lala answer our call..

op this is Africa.. Nigeria precisely. . them never call u from village before. . pray make them no remember to use ya picture do handfan..
Abi make dem use am do wallpaper grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Abroad Fail To Visit/return To Their Father Land by Cutehector(m): 11:22pm On Jul 31, 2016
callmelanner:

Hian! shocked Will they be receiving quality education for the rest of their lives?
Some people sef grin grin
to get better jobs too. Sorry I forgot to add that
Re: Why Nigerians Abroad Fail To Visit/return To Their Father Land by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jul 31, 2016
callmelanner:

Abi make dem use am do wallpaper grin grin
I dey sorry those people way dey say ntn dey happen. . according to my younger bro him go one church the pastor dey tell them watin to two brothers wah just from abroad come back without any reason later them find out say some fine people just cook yam finish call them to come back say food done don.. grin to from bad family no good..
Re: Why Nigerians Abroad Fail To Visit/return To Their Father Land by claremont(m): 11:27pm On Jul 31, 2016
Education, jobs, quality of life, pretty women cheesy, good infrastructure, security of life, peace of mind e.t.c.
Re: Why Nigerians Abroad Fail To Visit/return To Their Father Land by callmelanner(m): 11:31pm On Jul 31, 2016
smithsydny:
I dey sorry those people way dey say ntn dey happen. . according to my younger bro him go one church the pastor dey tell them watin to two brothers wah just from abroad come back without any reason later them find out say some fine people just cook yam finish call them to come back say food done don.. grin to from bad family no good..
LOL grin na to dey chop remain! That will never be our portion IJN
Re: Why Nigerians Abroad Fail To Visit/return To Their Father Land by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jul 31, 2016
callmelanner:

LOL grin na to dey chop remain! That will never be our portion IJN
Holy fire burn them all
Re: Why Nigerians Abroad Fail To Visit/return To Their Father Land by Mille: 11:57pm On Jul 31, 2016
It's simple. Most are illegal migrants who went on a tourist visa and overstayed.

My cousin and her husband both went to USA for a party that hasn't finished since about 1year ago. Despite both being very educated, they can't get jobs as they are illegal. They keep dragging the illegal jobs with the Mexicans. Jobs I'm sure most of us will not do in Nigeria, even in these hard times.

They can't come back home for fear of being seen as a failure.

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Abroad Fail To Visit/return To Their Father Land by Nobody: 12:08am On Aug 01, 2016
Mille:
It's simple. Most are illegal migrants who went on a tourist visa and overstayed.

My cousin and her husband both went to USA for a party that hasn't finished since about 1year ago. Despite both being very educated, they can't get jobs as they are illegal. They keep dragging the illegal jobs with the Mexicans. Jobs I'm sure most of us will not do in Nigeria, even in these hard times.

They can't come back home for fear of being seen as a failure.
grin
But you definitely would not mind joining them if you were invited for a party too grin

4 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Abroad Fail To Visit/return To Their Father Land by Mille: 2:24am On Aug 01, 2016
princey83:

grin
But you definitely would not mind joining them if you were invited for a party too grin

I can't. Why would I want to live in a situation where I can't open a bank account, get a decent job or set up a business, always hiding from the police, stress of being caught or worst still, to be rough handled and bundled on a plane.

Some people can do that, not me. I had the option to follow somebody on such cases but I declined. I can't handle the emotional trauma. But I will be going this September sha. LEGALLY.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Abroad Fail To Visit/return To Their Father Land by MRBrownJ: 3:50am On Aug 01, 2016
hhhmmm maybe because:
- it aint cheap
- they dont want to
- it isnt their priorities in life
- having been in Nigeria all their lives, they'd rather visit a new country
- they dont miss Nigeria, one bit
- technology makes it easy to connect with family and friends back home

the list is endless...

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Abroad Fail To Visit/return To Their Father Land by Ugosample(m): 9:29am On Aug 01, 2016
MRBrownJ:
hhhmmm maybe because: - it aint cheap - they dont want to - it isnt their priorities in life - having been in Nigeria all their lives, they'd rather visit a new country - they dont miss Nigeria, one bit - technology makes it easy to connect with family and friends back home
the list is endless...
I agree
Re: Why Nigerians Abroad Fail To Visit/return To Their Father Land by Lordkylie(f): 9:43am On Aug 01, 2016
*illegal immigrants *quite comfortable and cnt deal with the stress in nigeria etc kiss

(1) (Reply)

Abuja (jukwoyi) / Help Me:i Need Visa To Egypt Or Company With A Vacation Package / Canadian Husband Turned Her Into Sex Slave, Failed Nigerian Refugee Claimant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.