Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,209 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:00 AM

Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad (34791 Views)

Why Nigerians Are Stranded In Russia After Being Scammed By Fraudsters / Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home / These Are The Best Countries You Should Consider If You Want To Live Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad by zikIPE: 12:20pm On Mar 23, 2016

Hello everybody,
today, we're going to discuss why Nigerians don't like Nigeria. It's hardly a secret that any Nigerian, if given the oppourtunity would jump on the next available flight out of the country. So i decided to outline a few of the reasons why i think this is so.
1. Better standard of living we all know that the economy of our dear country is not in commendable form. This has caused a lot of families to live on less than 1$ daily. In america, you can fill yourself up with junk food for a whole day and save the rest of your money.....or so i've heard
2. Education system well, this needs little or no explanation. I'm quite sure that it's only in Nigeria that we have 22 year olds still at home waiting to pass JAMB- That's when they manage to pass WAEC. And eventually, if JAMB lets you go, Post UTME will make you celebrate your 23rd birthday at home. But in other countries, your admission is stress free and their teaching methods/equipment are state of the art. Nuff said.
3. Bragging rights in Nigeria, once you tell someone you've been abroad, you get exclusive VIP treatment. I think this can be attributed to the low self esteem possessed by most Nigerians. They don't even care if the abroad is Togo, Niger or Somalia. To them, abroad is abroad.
4. Village witches and last but not least on my list( i didn't do that intentionally cheesy ) is the village witches. Outside Nigeria is the only place i know their wicked hands can't reach you. I've never heard of anyone dying of mysterious causes in America.
Add Yours at this point, i take a bow and step behind the curtains while y'all help me complete it.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad by achinaboy(m): 12:46pm On Mar 23, 2016
well answered

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad by tpiar: 1:57pm On Mar 23, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad by guttentag(m): 11:43pm On Mar 23, 2016
Nigeria women can form unlike other exposed women outside 9ja

12 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad by 9ja4show: 3:43am On Mar 24, 2016
That number 4 is a big lie, travel abroad make you do anyhow if witches for ur villa nor delete you once except you are on God side.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad by zikIPE: 6:00am On Mar 24, 2016
justwise DisGuy lalasticlala show some love
Re: Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad by optimusprime2(m): 11:05am On Mar 24, 2016
Loling@ Village Witches!!!!
F.P material!

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad by RichYoungNigga: 12:28pm On Mar 24, 2016
The reasons Why we Nigerians live abroad are.
1. We want uninterrupted electricity ( For 10 years now, i haven't seen electricity go off for just 2 minutes)
2. We won't be treated differently because we are poor or not so rich.
3. The police don't manhandle us
4. Good roads (I haven't seen a gutter or an open rain drainage in 10 years)
5. Human Rights (We can take Bill Gates, Rick Ross to court and still win) can you take Dangote to court in Nigeria and win your case ??
6. There is law and orderliness (You can't use a siren or get preferential treatment because you're rich) you must obey the law or you pay heavily.
7. Free education(no ASUU strike) and health care.
8.We make good money (A janitor, Bus driver earns what a Nigerian bank manager earn in one month in just 2 weeks

9. Everything works.
10. No jungle justice (You won't be killed and burned for just stealing a car) or getting beat by 100 people because you stole a phone
11. Life is good

206 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad by Nobody: 12:28pm On Mar 24, 2016
Niggas hustling online and spending $$ here in Nigeria. I see no reason traveling abroad aside for advanced studies grin. May dollars and pounds continue to increase. grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad by lekjons(m): 12:29pm On Mar 24, 2016
hmm..

4 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad by makingsense(m): 12:30pm On Mar 24, 2016
Nigeria is still the best PLANET to live.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad by Romanciella(f): 12:30pm On Mar 24, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad by flyca: 12:30pm On Mar 24, 2016
5. Inspiration: Here, you can draw inspiration from your immediate environment. The roads, the trees, the waters, the order!

6. Sanity: Nothing beats living in a sane society. True. From the transport service, metros, trains, driving, riding, walking everything is in sequence. No trampling, no struggling, no noise, no touts.

7. Internet: I enjoy unlimited data here for less than N2000 (direct conversion) per month. Besides, every eatery, pub, mall etc has Wi-Fi.

8. Security. Do you want to know how it feels strolling home at 12 midnight without having to worry about your phone? The answer is: Good.

Most importantly, you see a government that truly and sincerely cares about the citizenry.

There are lots of them but I'm not much of a writer.

68 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad by seunny4lif(m): 12:30pm On Mar 24, 2016
cheesy smiley
Becos 100 USD is 32k grin
100 EURO is 35k shocked
100 GBP is 45k
45k in a month in Nigeria is a good salary grin
Some boiz dey Bleep ladies anyhow with dat salary grin cheesy

Good road - Transportation is the most important thing in the country am living grin from Cars to Train grin
No conductor grin, No touts grin

Electricity grin Make I no just talk Nigeria own angry

Police Arrangement grin Nigeria I hail grin
No

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad by sczeska: 12:31pm On Mar 24, 2016
guttentag:
Nigeria women can form unlike other exposed women outside 9ja
Gbamest!!!!!!
Re: Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad by Nihilist: 12:31pm On Mar 24, 2016
I think that Life Abroad is better because Nigerians just have no chill.

The last time I was in Nigeria two things happened to remind me of why I'm happy to live away from that country of opportunists

1. We just arrived at MMIA and we're queuing up to at the immigration/customs desk. One elderly woman went to cut in at the front of the queue ahead of a young guy man who obviously resisted. She started abusing him and asking if he couldn't see she was an elder, and that if she cut in, doesn't he have respect? Etc. I could see that she was holding a British Passport and I'm sure she knew that she couldn't try that BS in the country she just came from- Yet here she was, Iya Arugbo turned Gangster Mama...and she hadn't even officially checked in to the country yet!

No Chill.

2. I went to my local bank branch to aclimate my dormant account and apply for an ATM card. Whilst at the customer service desk, everybody refused to Queue and literally just surrounded the desk. Anybody who knows the former oceanic bank at Fagba railway would understand what I mean.
Anyway I stood there patiently, waiting for a gap in the human wall to open up so that I could at least be served, when the customer service advisor announced that the computer had stopped working and we would all have to wait for the IT technician to come from another branch to fix.
Being from an IT background myself, I offered to, and was able to identify the problem and actually got the issue fixed. Before I could even benefit from the fruit of my own labour, I was promptly chanced by an opportunistic woman who had clearly seen me fixing the damn machine. Other customers abused the woman, but she refused to back down. It was only when the customer advisor refused to serve her until she joined the back of the queue that she piped low.

No chill.

That's why I love living 'in abroad'

I really no get power for gragra

EDIT: the post was initially hidden by a mod for no reason at all. I had to post two queries asking why it was hidden. This post was then unhidden, whilst my queries were.. no explanation was given, no apology tendered.

Absolutely no chill at all.

85 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad by menix(m): 12:31pm On Mar 24, 2016
OP, ur last but not the least is wrong, Village people now use the internet to send their evils..

I know of a guy who paid someone to poison a friend, the deceased family being agbara, buried him the deceased with cane, horse whip nd several other things..

I swear,the guy who paid for the poisoning traveled weeks after but was visited in America that was after flogging the guy who dropped the poison into his drink to confess..

Before I drop the mic, let me add a few:

*Mosquito: if Nigerian mosquito bite you, u will know the essence of procuring an international passport.

*Light: just tell me why I won't travel out when for the past 2 weeks no light that I go to work with rumpled shirt only to cover it up with a jacket even inside heat...

* I for say SUN but I come ask my self, nigerians wey dey go UAE wey bird no dey fly for day cous e go catch fire mid air cous of sun wear Ozone layer for body....

10 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad by sczeska: 12:31pm On Mar 24, 2016
Better life
Re: Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad by Aristotle96(m): 12:31pm On Mar 24, 2016
No fuel scarcity

The sun is not too hot

Steady light

Fulani herdsmen not hacking people anyhow as if humans are internet connections
angry

Wooing a girl is not like trying to stabilize naira

grin grin grin... But e go better for naija cool

33 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad by thefakestan: 12:31pm On Mar 24, 2016
I guess it is making sense like the person above me

ThefakeStan
Re: Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad by awjomo: 12:32pm On Mar 24, 2016
nothing special, if you ho to U. K alone and dont know anybody the suffer u will suffer ehn, even to get job... plus the house rent choi.. all u do is to work 4 ur rent. imagine paying 400 pounds 4 just a room in the month

4 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad by Agimor(m): 12:32pm On Mar 24, 2016
smiley
Re: Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad by SeishinSenshi: 12:33pm On Mar 24, 2016
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad by Rushtec(m): 12:33pm On Mar 24, 2016
ME SELF ABT TO TRAVEL OUT
Re: Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad by White007(m): 12:33pm On Mar 24, 2016
Not detailed enough
Re: Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad by seunlayi(m): 12:33pm On Mar 24, 2016
even me that is here in naija prefers to go over there due to this economy hardship.

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad by seunny4lif(m): 12:34pm On Mar 24, 2016
grin grin
Dats true
Dem dey visit any country without Visa
Na dem be the really VIP cos na first class before first class dem dey use grin
9ja4show:
That number 4 is a big lie, travel abroad make you do anyhow if witches for ur villa nor delete you once except you are on God side.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Satellite Images Of Ibadan / Makurdi - Lafia Road Collapses (Photos) / Final Year Student Dies In Motorcycle Crash Shortly After Her Exam In Nasarawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.