Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,054 members, 7,838,663 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:33 AM

How I Mistook Ikokore For Yam Porridge - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How I Mistook Ikokore For Yam Porridge (888 Views)

Egg Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Egg Stew For Yam/rice / How To Make Ikokore “water Yam Porridge” / Water Yam Porridge/ikokore Recipe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Mistook Ikokore For Yam Porridge by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jul 31, 2016
So yesterday morning, I was in my room and I overheard someone say "porridge was for breakfast". On getting to the kitchen, no one was there and I saw a pot on the cooker and it's contents deeply resembled yam porridge(not knowing it was ikokore). So I served myself and even fried eggs to it.
On eating it, it felt very strange and I was like what kind of nonsense yam did they use to prepare this. After ranting, I finally got to know that the pot with yam porridge was on the Centre table. Lol it wasn't funny at all smiley
Re: How I Mistook Ikokore For Yam Porridge by teamplayey: 9:40pm On Aug 02, 2016
What is ikokore?
Re: How I Mistook Ikokore For Yam Porridge by Nobody: 11:01pm On Aug 02, 2016
teamplayey:
What is ikokore?

It's a porridge-like Yoruba meal(more like soup). It can be eaten on it's own or with hardware(i.e swallow e.g eba,amala) lol

To me it was terrible because the way the water yam felt was really disgusting. Never eaten it or even seen it up until then
Re: How I Mistook Ikokore For Yam Porridge by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 03, 2016
Ikokore is Bae, especially the one with seven (7) or multiple lives......ijebu people, Hallaa.

1 Like

Re: How I Mistook Ikokore For Yam Porridge by teamplayey: 10:34am On Aug 03, 2016
Water yam?
Never heard about that. But I think cocoyam, regular yam, yam stuff usually turn out nice. It's mostly about preparation. Lol

(1) (Reply)

Demon Biscuits For Sale / Cafe Neo Ikoyi- The Unpopular Treasure / Christmas Cake Sales in Onitsha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.