Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,198 members, 7,811,518 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:34 PM

Do I Have To Pay To Be An Usher At An Event? - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Do I Have To Pay To Be An Usher At An Event? (1683 Views)

Event Usher / Father Disrupts Daughter’s Wedding In Ghana As Groom Failed To Pay Bride Price / Lady Without Legs And With One Hand Spotted At An Event (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do I Have To Pay To Be An Usher At An Event? by Nobody: 8:50am On Aug 01, 2016
So i came across a certain events outlet online, looking for ushers and i decided to try, as a student now just trying to make money from every possible avenue but when i talked to them, i was told i have to pay #6000 for registration. Well i have never done an ushering job before but if there is anyone with an idea, i would really appreciate any kind of info that will help. Thanks, counting on you guys, please don't let a Sister get defrauded.

1 Like

Re: Do I Have To Pay To Be An Usher At An Event? by Pranaya(f): 9:32am On Aug 01, 2016
It depends on the group you're putting up with. For most ushering group, I don't think you necessarily have to pay a dime. Maybe you should ask some of the members and be sure.
Re: Do I Have To Pay To Be An Usher At An Event? by Musici: 9:48am On Aug 01, 2016
Dont bother jobs will not come everyday. try and find agencies that recruit for free.
Re: Do I Have To Pay To Be An Usher At An Event? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Aug 01, 2016
Alright, tnx guys. Am saving my 6k for something else.
Re: Do I Have To Pay To Be An Usher At An Event? by Laird(m): 1:10pm On Aug 01, 2016
Its a scam, fraudulent way of taking people's money. a friend of mine lost her money to this people
Re: Do I Have To Pay To Be An Usher At An Event? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Aug 01, 2016
Laird:
Its a scam, fraudulent way of taking people's money. a friend of mine lost her money to this people
hmm, tnx bro. I thought as much when he said the money is for registration, and that anytime there was an event, they would just call on me, and then again said they needed 10 people. So i asked him since it's just 10 people you would be needing, why do i have to pay when am not even sure i will be selected? He said if i assured him that i am interested, he would keep a slot for me. I just said okay, i will get back. As in his explanation no just straight. Tnx a lot bro. I appreciate. Have a fruitful month ahead.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

2016 Etisalat Cliq Fest Show In UNIUYO / Oppotunity To Make Money Comes Grab It / What Does It Really Cost To Marry An Igbo Woman?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.