Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,898 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:55 PM

Is This True About Refusing To Pay Tithes In Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is This True About Refusing To Pay Tithes In Church (470 Views)

"I Don't Pay Tithes To Winners Chapel Anymore" - Lady; Daddy Freeze Reacts / Daddy Freeze Shows 'Paul O' Paul Okoye's Mansion To Shame Those That Pay Tithes / Non-Tithers Board: Church Publishes The Names Of Members Who Don't Pay Tithes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This True About Refusing To Pay Tithes In Church by CeoMoses(m): 1:02pm On Aug 01, 2016
I was listen to my radio this morning,when I heard a man of God say that "if you do not pay your tithes you will go to hell"...now the question is thrown to all nairalanders is it true?
Re: Is This True About Refusing To Pay Tithes In Church by TomHagen: 1:03pm On Aug 01, 2016
It's very very true
Re: Is This True About Refusing To Pay Tithes In Church by tomquest: 1:32pm On Aug 01, 2016
CeoMoses:
I was listen to my radio this morning,when I heard a man of God say that "if you do not pay your tithes you will go to hell"...now the question is thrown to all nairalanders is it true?

Search your scriptures. There are lots of old-testament laws that are not being presently practiced or adopted by today's churches, but they've held on tightly to the Tithe doctrine because IT IS FINANCIALLY RELEVANT to them.

I own a copy of the Bible and I've done my own research. Tithes were originally mandated in the Old Testament to serve a specific purpose.

Does God still require 10% of your money today? (remember tithing was not money, in fact it rarely was). The word “tithe” is used 13 times in the Bible. Not once do you see the word “money” used with it. The word “tithes” is used 21 times in the Bible. The word “money” is not mentioned. It has become this because of our system we use today, but this was not strictly so for Israel.

2 Chronicles 31:4-5: “Moreover he commanded the people who dwelt in Jerusalem to contribute support for the priests and the Levites, that they might devote themselves to the Law of the LORD. As soon as the commandment was circulated, the children of Israel brought in abundance the firstfruits of grain and wine, oil and honey, and of all the produce of the field; and they brought in abundantly the tithe of everything.”
Re: Is This True About Refusing To Pay Tithes In Church by cckris: 1:48pm On Aug 01, 2016
CeoMoses:

The pastor will end up in hell, whether he tithes or not.

Unless he becomes a Christian.

1 Like

Re: Is This True About Refusing To Pay Tithes In Church by frubben(m): 2:06pm On Aug 01, 2016
So dis the Good news God sent him to preach abi

(1) (Reply)

Is Change Of Name Necessary After One Is Born Again? / How The Apostles Died(martyrs) / Superfest Celebration Of Divine Life Christian Ministry(21st-28th August 2016)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.